Black people mad at Hollywood & Jamie Lee Curtis - Oscars backlash

If only there was a way to have placed wagers on the Oscar winning I would have killed it. I knew from the beginning the three Asians would win their awards, it was almost too easy. First the minority angle, then the anti Asian hatred, a real thing during Covid. This made this one too easy to predict.

I thought the movie was insulting to Asians
You can’t have a movie about Asians without breaking out in Kung Fu scenes?

It would be like having a movie about blacks and bringing out the Watermelon

I thought the movie was insulting to Asians
You can’t have a movie about Asians without breaking out in Kung Fu scenes?

It would be like having a movie about blacks and bringing out the Watermelon
Did you like the movie? I mean, I don't think I saw a single movie that had a nominee in it that I would even feel like watching. the topics and the premise of each was not remotely interesting to me. One was Cate Blanchett as a conductor or something? Surely heavy on the misogyny, then The Fablemans, no real desire to see how Spielberg got started, but eventually will watch that one. One of the Asian winners got his movie break in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Did you like the movie? I mean, I don't think I saw a single movie that had a nominee in it that I would even feel like watching. the topics and the premise of each was not remotely interesting to me. One was Cate Blanchett as a conductor or something? Surely heavy on the misogyny, then The Fablemans, no real desire to see how Spielberg got started, but eventually will watch that one. One of the Asian winners got his movie break in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I thought the movie Anything, Everywhere was unwatchable
A silly compilation of dildos, buttplugs, hot dog fingers, Googley Eyes and Kung Fu scenes

I don’t know what movie the Oscar voters watched

I thought the movie Anything, Everywhere was unwatchable
A silly compilation of dildos, buttplugs, hot dog fingers, Googley Eyes and Kung Fu scenes

I don’t know what movie the Oscar voters watched
Best picture went to "The Whale", about a morbidly obese person in a wheelchair. OK, but why would I want to see that? Did this thing go straight to Netflix? The best movie, without question, was All Quiet on the Western Front.

Best picture went to "The Whale", about a morbidly obese person in a wheelchair. OK, but why would I want to see that? Did this thing go straight to Netflix? The best movie, without question, was All Quiet on the Western Front.
Best Actor went to the Whale

I enjoyed All Quiet even with subtitles

Then again, when aren't they angry anymore? :dunno:

Sorry, I guess being mediocre and black was not good enough this go-round.

R.0714291f051dd9d203d18078cdeae652

Some of the comments are beyond belief.

JLC was very good in the role....I looked forward to her scenes when the Asian family would go into the tax office.

Just goes to show that no matter how much you pander IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH!

Every award, scholarship, position, job, and even reparations could be given to American blacks and they would still holler, act like spoiled children, and say it's not enough.

Because when you reward a temper tantrum you get more temper tantrum.

Hahahahahaha!

Not to worry!

The Oscar voters this year decided it would be nice for a change to make Asians happy.

Next year the Oscars will be used to once again show how much African Americans are respected and loved.

OR ELSE!!!
/---/ At 71 yo, I can say I never watched the Oscars, Emmys, or Golden Globes.

Then again, when aren't they angry anymore? :dunno:

Sorry, I guess being mediocre and black was not good enough this go-round.

R.0714291f051dd9d203d18078cdeae652

Some of the comments are beyond belief.

JLC was very good in the role....I looked forward to her scenes when the Asian family would go into the tax office.

Just goes to show that no matter how much you pander IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH!

Every award, scholarship, position, job, and even reparations could be given to American blacks and they would still holler, act like spoiled children, and say it's not enough.

Because when you reward a temper tantrum you get more temper tantrum.
Jamie Lee Curtis won that Oscar from kissing ass.....not from a great performance.
Her performance was hideous at best.

The Whale was an extreme downer.
Just one more handicapped gay man who is mistreated by Christians Movie.

Austin Butler's Elvis was a much better performance.

If they had made Elvis gay...he would have won.

Christian’s can be pricks
They make great villains

Yea, OK.

"Have we named her?" Guthrie, 51, asked her guest.

"In support of my daughter Ruby, I'm having them be a they/them. I'm gonna just call them them. They/them," the Everything Everywhere All at Once actress explained, holding her new golden statuette proudly next to her face.

Forum List

Back