Black Panther Intimidation in Philly.

This kind of activity is unconcionable for either liberals or conservatives and what it really demonstrates is that people are willing to do anything for power or to maintain power.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely" and I would add that any amount of power (which includes wealth) can corrupt and anyone who acts in dogmatic righteousness precludes the possibility that they may be wrong and that the unethical means doesn't matter as long as the "righteous" end is achieved.

So, although this time its a couple of guys affiliated with the Black Panthers, next time it could be KKK or even, (like it was in 2000) the Republican Party (who hired a man that did 6 years in a federal prison for voter misconduct) or the Democratic Party. Conservatives should be just as outraged with radicals like the Black Panthers commit voter misconduct as when their own party did. And liberals: take the lesson and do not lower yourselves to that level.

Why are all the righties on these boards the onces crying racist, racist, racist?

More of the blame the other party for what you started saying?

as old libwal Rachel Maddow would say "talk me down here" Aren't these Black Panthers the same bad ass dudes when down to durham and wanted to lynch the "white" devils from the La Cross team for raping a "sister".

Cry me a river with your "racist" crap!

The same idiot who started this thread must have had amnesia when it came to this:

Delaware County Democrats claim intimidation at some polls | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/04/2008

Story about the Black Panthers from the same Philadelphia newspaper

New Black Panther Party Guarding Fairmount Ave. Polling Place? | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/04/2008

Which "voters" are being intimidated? The "media guy" asks how everything is going and the answer was everything is fine. Notice how voters are walking out, notice how no one is being threatened. The "media guy" who was *NOT* voting nor going to vote felt threatened, sounds and looks like a rightwing nut was trying to spark trouble when there was none.

The same idiot who started this thread must have had amnesia when it came to this:

Delaware County Democrats claim intimidation at some polls | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/04/2008

Story about the Black Panthers from the same Philadelphia newspaper

New Black Panther Party Guarding Fairmount Ave. Polling Place? | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/04/2008

Which "voters" are being intimidated? The "media guy" asks how everything is going and the answer was everything is fine. Notice how voters are walking out, notice how no one is being threatened. The "media guy" who was *NOT* voting nor going to vote felt threatened, sounds and looks like a rightwing nut was trying to spark trouble when there was none.

poor wittle libwal victims!

Why do they need to stand outside with weapons then?

Good question. If they aren't there to try and scare voters then perhaps to make sure no fighting occurs. Or if it does, to stop it.

But I don't know why the Panthers of all people would be doing the police's job.

Good question. If they aren't there to try and scare voters then perhaps to make sure no fighting occurs. Or if it does, to stop it.

But I don't know why the Panthers of all people would be doing the police's job.

Because black people don't trust the Police to uphold law and justice, like keeping black voters from being intimidated.

Personally, having Fox News hanging around the pols would have been more intimidating to me. Luckily, the police made them leave as well.

Perhaps this is the Civilian National Security Force Obama was speaking of?

The point is that the guy shooting the video tried sparking a confrontation and there are two other men standing there among those NBPP guys and voters are waing in and out, so the rightwing nutter who started this thread and the WND link is full of BS.

I watched the video - the guy was certainly there to film "uniformed" civilians carrying weapons standing outside a polling station...but he did nothing to "spark a confrontation."

Asking why people are brandishing weapons outside a place where Americans are voting is not "sparking confrontation" it is asking why something that should be illegal is taking place.

There is no rightwing conspiracy here...if the men had been white I would be just as concerned. Armed civilians standing outside voting stations has no place in this country. The videographer was absolutely right to document that this was happening...how else are we as a nation going to address problems with voting in this nation if people don't take the time to show whats wrong.

The armed men themselves said that there was no problem. They did not need to be armed, nor acting in an intimidating fashion...they were the ones instigating a problem...not the people who were asking why armed men were standing outside voting stations.

Here's my favorite article on this story so far:
In Pennsylvania, the Media Elites at Fox News discovered a Black Panther at a polling station. And we thought they were extinct. However, this "Black Panther" (which I think just means you're wearing a beret) also happens to be a certified poll worker and a RESIDENT of the building. Despite zero reports of any "actual intimidation", the guys at Fox News are hoping their "radical" doesn't get a craving for a pop tart and head up to his apartment, otherwise, they will have to make a brand new irrelevant story. Maybe Ashley "B Face" Todd is available.
1st Black Panther spotted in the wild in over 30 years!!! | Indecision2008 | Comedy Central

I understand FOX has been running this 24/7 now. No racism there, nope, none whatsoever.

:eusa_hand:

I watched the video too ...

There's really no excuse for having the nightstick ...

Cameraman: "That's a weapon"

Nightstick holder: "Who are you to decide?"

c'mon now, guy ... it's a nightstick ...

Forum List

Back