Black lives matter, but the genocide of Native Americans. no problem

The Irish were enslaved and starved by the British and the British were enslaved and starved by the Romans. The Neanderthals were murdered to extinction by humans. How far back do you want to go?
False the Neanderthals were bred to extinction from mixing with modern humans.
If it hadn't been for Rome Britain would have gone the way of Easter island.
What Europeans did in this part the world was genocide.
It can't be rationalized .

Genocide is the deliberate killing off of a race or group. What European settlers did was exploit the living shit out of them, but mass killings for the sake of killing wasn't part of the program.

To be genocide, in my opinion, one has to want to deliberately exterminate a given group.
The argument revolves around not only definitions but specific acts by the US Government and settlers to define genocide in this issue.

Genocide and American Indian History - American History: Oxford Research Encyclopedias

This essay begins with the premise that the issue of genocide in American Indian history is far too complex to yield a simple yes-or-no answer. The relevant history, after all, is a long one (more than five hundred years) involving hundreds of indigenous nations and several European and neo-European empires and imperial nation-states. While it would be absurd to reduce this history to any single category, genocide included, it would be reasonable to predict that genocide was a part of this history. With this in mind, the essay invites readers to resist a tendency toward a quick or easy resolution of the question of genocide in American Indian history and to engage in an open-ended exploration. The object is not a definitive answer but a clarification of the issues.

So even the article can't make up its mind. To me there is no "kinda sorta" genocide. There is genocide, and then there is massive exploitation that results in lots of deaths.

So Holocaust, Genocide, Turks against the Armenians, Genocide. Native Americans i colonial times? massive exploitation, The Potato Famine? Not genocide, but just the Brits not giving a Rats ass about the Irish.

I believe it was a combination of exploitation and then instances of genocide, its really hard to escape some of those facts, although I know at times they did coexist ( without the bumpersticker) and at times it was the Indians as aggressor. The reality is they really did get the short end of the deal and probably a great deal of it was because of apathy on the part of government officials

The Great California Genocide

To me one can't argue about actual genocide. Hitler wanted to get rid of the Jews, the Turks wanted to get rid of the Armenians.

The US then didn't want to get rid of the Natives, they just wanted them either out of the way or assimilated. The English didn't want to get rid of the Irish, they just didn't care about them starving.

I can see martyr running around reservations and other scenes of genocide screaming it was an accident we didn't mean to kill all of you ,just some of you!

I can see martyr running around reservations and other scenes of genocide screaming it was an accident we didn't mean to kill all of you ,just some of you!

Why would I do that?

Its obvious that there was exploitation and rank criminality done during the time, but its still not genocide.

False the Neanderthals were bred to extinction from mixing with modern humans.
If it hadn't been for Rome Britain would have gone the way of Easter island.
What Europeans did in this part the world was genocide.
It can't be rationalized .

Genocide is the deliberate killing off of a race or group. What European settlers did was exploit the living shit out of them, but mass killings for the sake of killing wasn't part of the program.

To be genocide, in my opinion, one has to want to deliberately exterminate a given group.
The argument revolves around not only definitions but specific acts by the US Government and settlers to define genocide in this issue.

Genocide and American Indian History - American History: Oxford Research Encyclopedias

This essay begins with the premise that the issue of genocide in American Indian history is far too complex to yield a simple yes-or-no answer. The relevant history, after all, is a long one (more than five hundred years) involving hundreds of indigenous nations and several European and neo-European empires and imperial nation-states. While it would be absurd to reduce this history to any single category, genocide included, it would be reasonable to predict that genocide was a part of this history. With this in mind, the essay invites readers to resist a tendency toward a quick or easy resolution of the question of genocide in American Indian history and to engage in an open-ended exploration. The object is not a definitive answer but a clarification of the issues.

So even the article can't make up its mind. To me there is no "kinda sorta" genocide. There is genocide, and then there is massive exploitation that results in lots of deaths.

So Holocaust, Genocide, Turks against the Armenians, Genocide. Native Americans i colonial times? massive exploitation, The Potato Famine? Not genocide, but just the Brits not giving a Rats ass about the Irish.

I believe it was a combination of exploitation and then instances of genocide, its really hard to escape some of those facts, although I know at times they did coexist ( without the bumpersticker) and at times it was the Indians as aggressor. The reality is they really did get the short end of the deal and probably a great deal of it was because of apathy on the part of government officials

The Great California Genocide

To me one can't argue about actual genocide. Hitler wanted to get rid of the Jews, the Turks wanted to get rid of the Armenians.

The US then didn't want to get rid of the Natives, they just wanted them either out of the way or assimilated. The English didn't want to get rid of the Irish, they just didn't care about them starving.
Look up Andrew Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt among just a few. No, it wasn't a systematic genocide but there were those who wanted it to be.
The Indians were in the way of expansion, land grabbing, resources and often a danger to settlers and miners. Yes, most just wanted them out of the way but could care less how it was done.
Heck even the Tejanos who fought alongside the Texicans against Santa Anna mostly were screwed over later down the road. The details of our history are generally not very pretty all around, of course there are good events, there always are, but overall our history is one of conquest and depredations not only against the Indians and others but also against ourselves.

The blacks were enslaved, raped and murdered for over 200 years. But that's nothing compared to the genocide of 11 million Native Americans that had their land stolen, their women and children raped and slaughtered, and herded into concentration camps in the name of God and the American flag. They were poisoned by Smallpox in the blankets they were given. The women's breasts were cut off and used for tobacco pouches.

The only land anyone truly owns is that land they can and will bleed or kill to hold. The natives were conquered because they were unwilling to put aside internal differences to stand together against the Europeans. They were conquered. They should be happy not to have been exterminated or forced to integrate.

The blacks were enslaved, raped and murdered for over 200 years. But that's nothing compared to the genocide of 11 million Native Americans that had their land stolen, their women and children raped and slaughtered, and herded into concentration camps in the name of God and the American flag. They were poisoned by Smallpox in the blankets they were given. The women's breasts were cut off and used for tobacco pouches.

The only land anyone truly owns is that land they can and will bleed or kill to hold. The natives were conquered because they were unwilling to put aside internal differences to stand together against the Europeans. They were conquered. They should be happy not to have been exterminated or forced to integrate.
Hail Caesar.......... :eusa_whistle:

False
Fail on both assumptions.
When I was in elementary school our culture was still portraing native American as less than human.
Besides I'm half Irish and half cheetwood Cherokee.
Meaning I have more than enough reason to to distrust .

Lizzy? Pocahontas?....is that you?
lol.gif

best false rationalizing yet.

Look up Andrew Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt among just a few. No, it wasn't a systematic genocide but there were those who wanted it to be.
The Indians were in the way of expansion, land grabbing, resources and often a danger to settlers and miners. Yes, most just wanted them out of the way but could care less how it was done.
Heck even the Tejanos who fought alongside the Texicans against Santa Anna mostly were screwed over later down the road. The details of our history are generally not very pretty all around, of course there are good events, there always are, but overall our history is one of conquest and depredations not only against the Indians and others but also against ourselves.

Idiot wind from another self-loathing libsquid.

Idiot wind from another self-loathing libsquid.
Bet having taken high school history you fancy yourself a expert in American history........ :lmao:

Bet having taken high school history you fancy yourself a expert in American history........ :lmao:

I know enough American history to know where you got your version...from some ponytailed leftist schmuck who got a teaching job because he was a professional student. If I were you I wouldn't broadcast what a dumbass I was, loser.

I know enough American history to know where you got your version...from some ponytailed leftist schmuck who got a teaching job because he was a professional student. If I were you I wouldn't broadcast what a dumbass I was, loser.
and as always you'd be wrong...

High school history was enough? Bet you think Washington actually did chop down a cherry tree, that Babe the Blue Ox was real and Pecos Bill actually rode a tornado....... Okie dokie...... :lmao:
Most of my history professors were fairly conservative as most are, unlike ignorant, uneducated morons like you those of us who have a passion for history know it's rarely pretty when ya get into the details.

High school history was enough? Bet you think Washington actually did chop down a cherry tree, that Babe the Blue Ox was real and Pecos Bill actually rode a tornado....... Okie dokie...... :lmao:
Most of my history professors were fairly conservative as most are, unlike ignorant, uneducated morons like you those of us who have a passion for history know it's rarely pretty when ya get into the details.
plus he probably believes Paul rode around a country side full of British yelling the British are coming.
Longfellow's poem was not to be taken literally but the op and Sarah Palin did.

plus he probably believes Paul rode around a country side full of British yelling the British are coming.
Longfellow's poem was not to be taken literally but the op and Sarah Palin did.
Hell, he claims Tom Horn was a hero....... While Horn may have started out good he eventually went bad, was cut loose from the Pinkertons because he tended to bring the vast majority of his prisoners in dead and was ultimately hung for killing a kid from ambush.
Heck I bet he even thinks the movies Young Guns and Tombstone were historically correct....... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

Forum List

Back