Black lives matter, but the genocide of Native Americans. no problem

No, you are drive-by trolling, nothing more.

Now go back to the Hello Kitty Message Board, I have a feeling it is more your speed.
Golly!
False, I'm watching you make an asshole of yourself arguing semantics .
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
  1. the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
    synonyms: mass murder, mass homicide,massacre; More
The above definition refutes the martyr began specific definition.
Own it.

OOOH!! a non-sourced definition!

Try harder.
You don't recognize Webster's when you see it?
Total pussy move.
Definition of GENOCIDE

Maybe if you linked it the first time, twat-waddle.

And a dictionary definition on such a debated topic isn't really up to snuff. Try again, bitch-tits.
Of course you'd say that , false as it is.

Not false at all. Plenty of people agree with my stricter definition of genocide.

Shush, adults are discussing.
Ringel05 and I are discussing, you are making excuses.

Now go back to the Hello Kitty Message Board, I have a feeling it is more your speed.
Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
  1. the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
Own it.
We all have specific pedantic streaks, Marty sticks with the original application of the word genocide, mine is the word decimate which originally meant to reduce by ten percent, it was a military application derived in ancient Rome. The first use of the word decimate as a descriptor for nearly complete destruction came about during WWI.

I agree the term decimate is being incorrectly used unless it is talking about 10% losses.
The definition has evolved.

What's truly interesting, is how martyr becomes exponentially more pretentious when his ass is being handled to him.

Sorry you can't handle actual explanations and expanded concepts. Again, Hello Kitty Message Board, go there.
Really? when will you actually present one?
Not a martyr specific one?

plenty for you to review in this thread, you just lack the ability to understand them.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.
We all have specific pedantic streaks, Marty sticks with the original application of the word genocide, mine is the word decimate which originally meant to reduce by ten percent, it was a military application derived in ancient Rome. The first use of the word decimate as a descriptor for nearly complete destruction came about during WWI.

I agree the term decimate is being incorrectly used unless it is talking about 10% losses.

The definition has been replaced in this case, not evolved.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

Try harder.
Total pussy move.
Definition of GENOCIDE

And a dictionary definition on such a debated topic isn't really up to snuff. Try again, bitch-tits.

Not false at all. Plenty of people agree with my stricter definition of genocide.
Argumentum ad populum fallicy.

What's truly interesting, is how martyr becomes exponentially more pretentious when his ass is being handled to him.

Sorry you can't handle actual explanations and expanded concepts. Again, Hello Kitty Message Board, go there.

plenty for you to review in this thread, you just lack the ability to understand them.
You just keep telling yourself that.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

My point is meanings of some words and phrases are adapted over time whether we like it or not, it's something we humans have done since the inception of language. Bad can mean bad or it can mean awesome, cool can be temperature related or can mean neat which can also mean tidy or served unchilled, unmixed as an alcoholic drink. :dunno:

The problem is that by adapting genocide to include "lesser" offenses, one removes the gravity of the word, and what it should mean. It's the same thing progressives do with the terms racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

Try harder.
Total pussy move.
Definition of GENOCIDE

No, because I didn't make my statement appear to be fact. saying others share my opinion of something does not get to the level of a logical fallacy, because I am making no statement of fact.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

And again, you use a martyr specific definition.

You just keep telling yourself that.

and you just keep responding with useless drivel. I enjoy seeing my post count go up with minimal effort.

Total pussy move.
Definition of GENOCIDE

No, because I didn't make my statement appear to be fact. saying others share my opinion of something does not get to the level of a logical fallacy, because I am making no statement of fact.
False!
Lol!

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

No, I used the classical definition of decimate, which comes from killing of 1 of 10 roman soldiers in a unit as punishment.

False!
Lol!

Nope, I am correct in this.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

My point is meanings of some words and phrases are adapted over time whether we like it or not, it's something we humans have done since the inception of language. Bad can mean bad or it can mean awesome, cool can be temperature related or can mean neat which can also mean tidy or served unchilled, unmixed as an alcoholic drink. :dunno:

The problem is that by adapting genocide to include "lesser" offenses, one removes the gravity of the word, and what it should mean. It's the same thing progressives do with the terms racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.
Should is subjective .
Fail.

Golly!
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
Own it.

Should is subjective .
Fail.

is that they best you got, bitch-tits?

No, I used the classical definition of decimate, which comes from killing of 1 of 10 roman soldiers in a unit as punishment.
False! you changed it only after Ringel05 brought it up, now you are playing CYA with it.

False!
Lol!

Nope, I am correct in this.
False!

argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is afallacious argument that concludes that aproposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses,appeal to belief, appeal to the majority,appeal to democracy, appeal to popularity,argument by consensus, consensus fallacy,authority of the many, and bandwagon fallacy(also known as a vox populi),[2] and in Latinas argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect. The Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger" concerns the same idea.

Should is subjective .
Fail.

It's all that's needed.

False! you changed it only after Ringel05 brought it up, now you are playing CYA with it.

When did I use the term decimate?

Should is subjective .
Fail.

It's all that's needed.

Wrong.

Forum List

Back