Black Guns Matter group will attend this years Shot Show....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...one of the biggest growth areas for gun ownership and carrying guns for self defense in the country are minorities....and here we have a 2nd Amendment group, Black Guns Matter, that teaches gun safety, gun laws, and shooting to urban communities.....they will now be highlighted at this years Shot Show, the convention for everything firearms related...

'Black Guns Matter' Group Joins World's Largest Gun Show With a Unique Message

Maj Toure founded Black Guns Matter in 2015. The group is focused on providing Second Amendment education and information to urban communities that are plagued by violence.

ā€œI donā€™t think thereā€™s a black gun culture or white gun culture,ā€ Toure says on the groupā€™s website. ā€œI think thereā€™s an informed gun culture and an ignorant gun culture.ā€

-----

ā€œWe give classes free to all on firearm safety, on knowing the law, on how to apply state laws and for different permits, how to get a license to carry in your particular town, who are some trainers that you can work with,ā€ he said. ā€œWe work with trainers locally for whatever city, lawyers that know firearm laws, the Sanskrit, the basics, conflict resolution, de-escalation tactics. We give lessons on basics, so in essence itā€™s a class on the Second Amendment, on human rights, on civics, firearm safety and the cultural differences between communities.ā€

He went on to address the historical significance of the Second Amendment and his perspective as a black gun owner.

ā€œAmerica would not have even been created without firearms,ā€ Toure emphasized. ā€œSome people say itā€™s a contradiction for me as an African-American man to have a position: ā€˜When they wrote the Second Amendment, they didnā€™t mean it for you.ā€™ I donā€™t give a f**k who they meant it for. Itā€™s mine now.ā€

Forum List

Back