Black Airman Fatally Shot in Florida by Deputies

I hope they arent training police to take the first bullet
Haha I hope they aren’t training cops to shoot people standing in their door way simply exercising their constitutional rights

Im WHITE. Ex military.

I just reread that the girlfriend said he heard a knock on the door, went to the door, came back said to her no one was there, so told her getting the gun, then Boom.

Id like to see more than 3 seconds of video before I decide on this one.
Same here in all respects. It is not my job to decide this case.

One has a Constitutional right to answer your door armed.

Are you arguing to change that?
That is true. Nope. Cops show up telling you to open the door. This is so normal courts approve it all the time. He had a pistol. A semi automatic pistol. Would you show up to chat with cops holding a semi automatic pistol? I would never do that.

That is true. Nope. Cops show up telling you to open the door. This is so normal courts approve it all the time. He had a pistol. A semi automatic pistol. Would you show up to chat with cops holding a semi automatic pistol? I would never do that.

Regardless it was his right to do that. You are arguing the cop had the right to kill him for exercising his right.

Why would you argue that?

Regardless it was his right to do that. You are arguing the cop had the right to kill him for exercising his right.

Why would you argue that?
The right to bear firearms is in the constitution. The right to confront cops carrying a semi automatic pistol is not. He literally was begging to be shot down.

What i want to read is connection to her murder to this mans killing.
What’s the connection?

One involved a woman who was part of a mob trying to break a door down, the other a man standing in his door way after just opening the door.

How are they connected?

The right to bear firearms is in the constitution. The right to confront cops carrying a semi automatic pistol is not. He literally was begging to be shot down.

He answered the door with his gun by his side. His right.

You say you aren't arguing to change that but then defend the cop for killing him for doing so.

What good is a right if the cops can kill you for exercising it?

9mm hardball will go right through most doors and into a human being, possibly through and keep going.

He opened his door and had the weapon lowered. I say his intentions were not to shoot.

Also it said he was on some kind of Skype or something, may have had headphones on and didn't hear knocking.
Good points. I suspect based on history the cop will not be punished. And the man has already been punished by being shot to death.

My advice is when you hear cops are at the door, do not present yourself to them with arms in plain sight.

What’s the connection?

One involved a woman who was part of a mob trying to break a door down, the other a man standing in his door way after just opening the door.

How are they connected?
She was protecting that door. Cops were very loud and he was supposed to show up with no guns on him in plain sight. He begged to die.

Good points. I suspect based on history the cop will not be punished. And the man has already been punished by being shot to death.

My advice is when you hear cops are at the door, do not present yourself to them with arms in plain sight.
Concealing a weapon when LEOS are at the door is not a good idea either, FYI.

She was protecting that door. Cops were very loud and he was supposed to show up with no guns on him in plain sight. He begged to die.
Ok so when you have to lie and play make believe you’ve lost.

He answered the door with his gun by his side. His right.

You say you aren't arguing to change that but then defend the cop for killing him for doing so.

What good is a right if the cops can kill you for exercising it?
Same thing for Ashli Babbitt as I have pointed out many times. She was in her building. She Was not armed. The cop was not there to gun down women who had no arms at all on them.

The officer may break openany outer or inner door orwindow of a house, or anypart of a house, or anythingtherein, to execute a searchwarrant, if, after notice ofhis authority and purpose,he is refused admittance orwhen necessary to liberatehimself or a person aidinghim in the execution of thewarrant.Law enforcement officers must identifythemselves and announce their purposebefore using force to enter a dwelling witha search warrant.

Are you arguing that cops have a right to kill you for exercising your right to own a gun?
There are laws covering officers who knock on doors when saying they are the police. His way caused him to be killed.

Where were you guy when it was Ashli Babbitt being murdered by a cop? She was not even armed.

Are you arguing that cops have a right to kill you for exercising your right to own a gun?
Not at all, but don't have them around your person if you're answering the door to them and they have announced themselves.

Same argument for Ashli Babbitt who unlike Fortis she had no guns on her at all. Cop murdered her. Right?

Forum List

Back