Bitcoin

Bitcoin bounced off of $5,990. So for 4 hours it was cheaper to buy a bitcoin than the $6,300 it cost to mine a bitcoin.

I'm a freaking Genius!!!

I Bought 4 Bitcoin yesterday at $6,200 each!!!

Today they are $8,400 each! I'm want to sell one when it gets to 8,900 & another at $9,900. Holding 2 until it makes a new high, then selling 1 more at &19,850! Keeping one for retirement.

Or I could sell 3 now at $8400 keeping 1 free & clear.

Wallstreet shorts the heck out of them at $10,000 so I should sell 3 before $10k

Last edited:
Bitcoin is crashing fast

It doesnt appeal as an investment. And they need the likes of me to keep the ship afloat.
I'll be buying when or if it gets to $7,000

So I assume you have bought some bitcoin,,yes?
Yup! I bought 4 coins at $6,200. I just sold 1 at $8,400. It's very hard to hit price targets using anonymous offline paper wallets. This is a fast moving market. But hey it's free money tax free.

Last edited:
Bitcoin is crashing fast

It doesnt appeal as an investment. And they need the likes of me to keep the ship afloat.

Yup! I bought 4 coins at $6,200. I just sold 1 at $8,400. It's very hard to hit price targets using anonymous offline paper wallets. This is a fast moving market. But hey it's free money tax free.

Actually it’s not tax free, and the IRS is watching.

Bitcoin is crashing fast

They think they are. LOL

Bitcoin is crashing fast

They think they are. LOL

There are 2 groups you don’t want to owe money to- the mob and the IRS. And of the two, the IRS has more resources for collection. Pay your taxes and avoid the headache, trust me.

When Trading in Bitcoin, Keep the Tax Man in Mind
In late 2016, the I.R.S. made it clear that it was searching for cryptocurrency tax evaders: The agency sent a broad request to Coinbase, the largest Bitcoin exchange in the United States, requesting records for all customers who bought digital currency from the company from 2013 to 2015.

Coinbase balked, but a court ruled that it must provide the records of roughly 14,000 customers, fewer than 1 percent of its patrons, who made transactions involving more than $20,000 of virtual currencies.

They think they are. LOL

There are 2 groups you don’t want to owe money to- the mob and the IRS. And of the two, the IRS has more resources for collection. Pay your taxes and avoid the headache, trust me.

When Trading in Bitcoin, Keep the Tax Man in Mind
In late 2016, the I.R.S. made it clear that it was searching for cryptocurrency tax evaders: The agency sent a broad request to Coinbase, the largest Bitcoin exchange in the United States, requesting records for all customers who bought digital currency from the company from 2013 to 2015.

Coinbase balked, but a court ruled that it must provide the records of roughly 14,000 customers, fewer than 1 percent of its patrons, who made transactions involving more than $20,000 of virtual currencies.
Well I guess I should be happy to pay taxes because that means I made money!

I sold 2 more at $8,200 so I got all my money back & still have 1 bitcoin free & clear. Time for vacation!

Bitcoin bounced off of $5,990. So for 4 hours it was cheaper to buy a bitcoin than the $6,300 it cost to mine a bitcoin.

BTW, the amount it cost to mine a bitcoin varies considerably, and $6300 is the high end, with the low end around $3500. I mention that just in case you are assuming that somehow creates a floor in the price of bitcoin. Of course it doesn’t. Also, the cost for mining will continually climb until all the bitcoins are mined.

In one chart, here’s how much it costs to mine bitcoin in your state

BTW, the amount it cost to mine a bitcoin varies considerably, and $6300 is the high end, with the low end around $3500. I mention that just in case you are assuming that somehow creates a floor in the price of bitcoin. Of course it doesn’t. Also, the cost for mining will continually climb until all the bitcoins are mined.

They left out the cost of the 13.5-th/s antminer, pool fees & cooling cost. Louisiana is to hot & the miners would need to much cooling. Each one uses at least 1400 watts continuously, the same power as a large space heater. I almost got into mining just to heat my house in winter, but it's an expensive heater to buy. Alaskans could defiantly benefit off the heat by having a couple of those machines running in each home, but like I said it's like paying $4,000 for a $20 space heater.

The 13.5-th/s antminers are the most expensive part & will not likely get a coin mined before the next halving in 2 years or equipment fails. Then mining reward cuts in half doubling cost.

Last edited:

They left out the cost of the 13.5-th/s antminer, pool fees & cooling cost. Louisiana is to hot & the miners would need to much cooling. Each one uses at least 1400 watts continuously, the same power as a large space heater. I almost got into mining just to heat my house in winter, but it's an expensive heater to buy. Alaskans could defiantly benefit off the heat by having a couple of those machines running in each home, but like I said it's like paying $4,000 for a $20 space heater.

The 13.5-th/s antminers are the most expensive part & will not likely get a coin mined before the next halving in 2 years or equipment fails. Then mining reward cuts in half doubling cost.

So,it sounds like you think bitcoin has some actual value. I’m in the camp that it is a mania that will likely be near worthless before it is every recognized as an actual currency.

So,it sounds like you think bitcoin has some actual value. I’m in the camp that it is a mania that will likely be near worthless before it is every recognized as an actual currency.

But then, you are a buck toothed moron.... ;)

Ok, why don’t you tell me your forecast for the future of bitcoin.

dissolved

Round and Round and Round she goes....where the wheel stops.....nobody knows.....

Now Blockchain is a game changer in a lot of ways. But assigning a dollar value to Bitcoin, Ether, or whatever? Good luck with that!

I'm not making any predictions. I have no idea what's going to happen. I hope bitcoin is a huge success because I agree with its goals, but any number of things could derail it.

I'm not making any predictions. I have no idea what's going to happen. I hope bitcoin is a huge success because I agree with its goals, but any number of things could derail it.

Ahh, I see who you are. A scared little girl too afraid to make a prediction, but eager to attack those who have the balls to predict.

Ahh, I see who you are. A scared little girl too afraid to make a prediction, but eager to attack those who have the balls to predict.

Uh, ok. I was just goofing on your handle. No need to be so defensive.

Forum List

Back