Bitcoin

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
Is Bitcoin the biggest scam since Bernie Madoff? Is it just internet monopoly money? Do they have a Fort Knox to back it up or is it a virtual reality like Farmville? Is it a 21st century hoax?

It is not a hoax, however it is unsecured currency with no guarantees to back it up.
More than one company has went belly-up with the use of bitcoin being the reason.
It may be a chick/cool thing to buy with, but what people do NOT understand that it is not secured, it is not legal tender and therefore not protected by law.
You get ripped off - sucks to be you.

It is not a hoax, however it is unsecured currency with no guarantees to back it up.
More than one company has went belly-up with the use of bitcoin being the reason.

Not a challenge, but do you have links? Just curious.

I'm pretty excited by Bitcoins, and the whole idea of independent currency. If things work out, we might actually be able wrestle control of money away from bankers and armies.

I'm pretty excited by Bitcoins, and the whole idea of independent currency. If things work out, we might actually be able wrestle control of money away from bankers and armies.
What planet do you live on?
"There's a sucker born every minute" - P.T.Barnum

Last edited:

Bitcoin is the opposite. Only 800 entities have any control of it. And nearly all of those are in foreign countries such as China. Bitcoin themselves have no actual power or decision ability in the policies of the fiat currency. And many of these entities are unknown sudo-companies in 3rd world countries.
Trust me - there will be scandal galore by the time it crashes and burns. And it will.

The failure of Mt. Gox could be a mortal wound for bitcoin ? Quartz
Where Did the Bitcoins Go? The Mt. Gox Shutdown, Explained - Businessweek
Bitcoin's problems are much worse than you thought - latimes.com

Monetarist economists like Ray Dalio are, I am informed, interested in the concept but have their doubts about security and whatnot.

Money is a contrivance..even if it is GOLD.

Hard to understand I am sure but there it is.

This Bitcoin has got to be the biggest Electronic ponzi scam ever created. The people who created it are betting on all those computer geeks out there and computer geek wanabes to invest in their electronic fiat currency.You have got to be a suckabut sucker to invest in Bitcoin. Its a electronic pyramid scam waiting for an electronic blackout to wipe out its books.Stay away from it.!!

Bitcoin is the opposite. Only 800 entities have any control of it. And nearly all of those are in foreign countries such as China. Bitcoin themselves have no actual power or decision ability in the policies of the fiat currency. And many of these entities are unknown sudo-companies in 3rd world countries.
Trust me - there will be scandal galore by the time it crashes and burns. And it will.

^^^ Never listen to this idiot! ^^^

Its 2017. Much has been revealed since 2014. BTC=$2550.00
In 7 of the last 8 years, BTC is the best performing currency in the world.

Bitcoin: Top Performing Currency For a Second Year in a Row

CryptoCurrency Market Capitalizations
Its not a real currency its virtual money, with no government backing or regulation.

How does government back your money? With a printing press?

You miss the entire point.
The U.S. Dollar can be spent all over the world. in fact it is often preferred to even the nations own currency in 3rd world states.
The reason for that is that every dollar is backed by the U.S. Government. Same for German Marks, the French Franc etc. etc.
It will always have value as long as these nations are...nations.
Bitcoin is backed by no one. It is a currency with no legal standing.

Why since he is making perfect sense....

There is money to be made in bitcoin. There always is in these bubbles. The first of these was the South Sea bubble in Georgian Britain. People were invited to invest in nothing and they piled in as they saw the prices rocket. Millions were made and lost.

The problem for the speculators is this. It all depends on new money flooding in to support the price. Once the sentiment has gone the price collapses.

South Sea, Tulips,Dot Com. It has happened so often.

A few clever people will come out of it ok but the majority of saps will get burned.

Remember you havent made a penny until you realise your gains.

Why since he is making perfect sense....
LOL The idiot said that when Bitcoin was $400. You 2 are making no sense or cents!

Forum List

Back