Birth control is the reason everything has been falling apart since 1965

Even if you're not religious, the use of birth control within your marriage will cause discord in your sexual relationship. The husband will begin to see his wife as an object to be used for sexual gratification, without concern for her needs. The wife will begin to resent the selfish attitude of her husband. The availability of birth control means that both parties are more likely to stray into infidelity, and once that starts, trust is destroyed.
Not everyone thinks like you do.

Even if you're not religious, the use of birth control within your marriage will cause discord in your sexual relationship. The husband will begin to see his wife as an object to be used for sexual gratification, without concern for her needs. The wife will begin to resent the selfish attitude of her husband. The availability of birth control means that both parties are more likely to stray into infidelity, and once that starts, trust is destroyed.
Not everyone thinks like you do.
I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what is really happening. I was married for a very long time. I know quite a bit about this topic.

I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what is really happening. I was married for a very long time. I know quite a bit about this topic.
Unless you are claiming to be a mind-reader of most male minds in the nation, you are only saying what you are thinking. If you want to think of women as baby-making fucking machines, no one can stop you, but not everyone thinks in such terms. Especially mature, educated males.

Yours is a fair point but I think it comes down to how one defines the "responsible" use of birth control.

I think the way you just described is very irresponsible. And I see the point you are making about that.

However, consider a more responsible couple who simply want to reduce the chances for a pregnancy. A couple who have agreed in advance that if the birth control fails, they intend to go forward with the pregnancy?

Aren't they using it in a much more responsible way?
I would advocate the use of natural family planning for the couple who wants to space out children, but are still open to the possibility of life.

Understood, However, that doesn't answer my point about the more responsible way to utilize birth control.
It's difficult to explain because I don't understand it completely myself, but I came to believe the Catholic Church is right when it teaches that the use of birth control between a married couple is a violation of the marriage sacrament, and ultimately causes destruction of the marital relationship. Given the extremely high divorce rate in our nation since the invention of the birth control pill, I think that is strong evidence the Church is right on this issue.

I am not interested in all the other arguments, I am talking about this.

As you wish.

I don't do religion.

Ok, I am approaching my 14th Anniversary.... can you give me a time frame for when I should start expecting these problems that you are describing for me?

You're right. Every ejaculation deserves a name.
You are part of the problem.

Why? Because I think people should be free to use birth control if they so wish? It's really none of your business anyways, Mrs. Kravitz.
I didn't say it was my business. I am only telling people that if they use birth control within their marriage, they are more likely to end up getting divorced. People can take my advice, or ignore it.

Unless you are claiming to be a mind-reader of most male minds in the nation, you are only saying what you are thinking. If you want to think of women as baby-making fucking machines, no one can stop you, but not everyone thinks in such terms. Especially mature, educated males.
Now, YOU can join my ignore list.

And to all the rest of you I say this. I want to have an intelligent discussion. Those of you who respond with hate and insults will join my ignore list. I have already put at least three people on my ignore list in this one thread, I guess because people can't deal with having their eugenics philosophy challenged.

I would advocate the use of natural family planning for the couple who wants to space out children, but are still open to the possibility of life.

Understood, However, that doesn't answer my point about the more responsible way to utilize birth control.
It's difficult to explain because I don't understand it completely myself, but I came to believe the Catholic Church is right when it teaches that the use of birth control between a married couple is a violation of the marriage sacrament, and ultimately causes destruction of the marital relationship. Given the extremely high divorce rate in our nation since the invention of the birth control pill, I think that is strong evidence the Church is right on this issue.

As you wish.

I don't do religion.

Ok, I am approaching my 14th Anniversary.... can you give me a time frame for when I should start expecting these problems that you are describing for me?
If you are using artificial birth control, the problems have already started.

You may have noticed that you and your wife have a lot less enthusiasm in your sexual relationship than you used to. You may have noticed that you have started wondering what it would be like to have sex with another woman, and you may even have cheated and hoped your wife didn't find out. She may be cheating on you.

All I can do is speculate, because I don't know your circumstances.

Why? Because I think people should be free to use birth control if they so wish? It's really none of your business anyways, Mrs. Kravitz.
I didn't say it was my business. I am only telling people that if they use birth control within their marriage, they are more likely to end up getting divorced. People can take my advice, or ignore it.

You haven't offered a shred of evidence that married people whom use birth control are more likely to get divorced.

You haven't offered a shred of evidence that married people whom use birth control are more likely to get divorced.
I thought I posted a link showing that couples who use natural family planning have a divorce rate of 0.2%, which is one in 500 marriages. That is far below the national average.

As you wish.

I don't do religion.

You may have noticed that you and your wife have a lot less enthusiasm in your sexual relationship than you used to. You may have noticed that you have started wondering what it would be like to have sex with another woman, and you may even have cheated and hoped your wife didn't find out. She may be cheating on you.

Thankfully as my wife is now very disabled following a cardiac arrest, our marriage is much stronger than simply a bond centered around sex.

I submit that any marital relationship that can be so easy broken apart that something like Birth Control will cause it to fail was likely doomed to begin with.

Again, you are projecting your own thoughts and desires onto other people. Biiiiiiig mistake. You should see a marriage counselor to help you and your wife with your problems.

As you wish.

I don't do religion.

Thankfully as my wife is now very disabled following a cardiac arrest, our marriage is much stronger than simply a bond centered around sex.

I submit that any marital relationship that can be so easy broken apart that something like Birth Control will cause it to fail was likely doomed to begin with.
You are like all the others, unwilling to listen to anything that challenges what you have been brainwashed to believe.

The reason people are hostile to these ideas is because they would have to abandon the sexual gratification model of marriage pushed by modern society, and instead make their marriage God-centered and love-centered, without any selfishness.

As you wish.

I don't do religion.

You are like all the others, unwilling to listen to anything that challenges what you have been brainwashed to believe.
I think you might be projecting on that just alittle bit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I thought I posted a link showing that couples who use natural family planning have a divorce rate of 0.2%, which is one in 500 marriages. That is far below the national average.

You haven't posted a single link in this thread.

You haven't posted a single link in this thread.
lifeissues.net | The Practice of Natural Family Planning Versus the Use of Artificial Birth Control:

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
People don't realize how important birth control is. The reason the family has been disintegrating since 1965 is widespread use of birth control. Birth control within a marriage is a poison that harms the relationship between husband and wife, souring sex for both of them, and making it into something that is selfish.

I cannot convince you of this, since you have grown up with the idea that birth control is something that is good. However, this is a lie.

Birth control not only destroys marriages, but it is so closely linked to abortion, that once birth control is widely accepted, it is only a matter of a few years before abortion is widespread. Note that those who push abortion, push birth control first.

So everything was great before 1965. There wasn't any slavery, wasn't any segregation, people didn't act in a selfish way, they just lived to be part of the community. Crime didn't happen, shootings didn't happen.

Wow, your dream world hey, USA pre-1965.

Forum List

Back