'Bipartisanship' is a scam

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
unemployment could hit 50 percent, forclosures could sweep through all 50 states, there could be riots in every American city, and the pundits would still be moaning about how dreadful it is that Republicans and Dems don't agree on things.

only through radical conservatism or radical progressivism can America become a great nation, one way or the other!

unemployment could hit 50 percent, forclosures could sweep through all 50 states, there could be riots in every American city, and the pundits would still be moaning about how dreadful it is that Republicans and Dems don't agree on things.

only through radical conservatism or radical progressivism can America become a great nation, one way or the other!

I disagree. I don't give a rat's ass if they agree. But the elected officials can do their fucking job. They can get stuff done that is good for the nation and quit wasting all their time trying to defeat the other side of the aisle.

[They can get stuff done that is good for the nation

Perhaps the most used excuse for tyranny throughout history.

Pass.

So you prefer our well paid elected officials to accomplish nothing because they spend their time working against the other party and not FOR the country?

"They can get stuff done that is good for the nation" did not, in any way, imply the destruction of the US Constitution or the removal of our freedoms.

But either party could come up with a way to balance the budget, cure cancer, defeat terrorists, and preserve freedome. The other party would fight it, tooth and nail, because it was not invented by their party.

Pass.

So you prefer our well paid elected officials to accomplish nothing because they spend their time working against the other party and not FOR the country?

"They can get stuff done that is good for the nation" did not, in any way, imply the destruction of the US Constitution or the removal of our freedoms.

But either party could come up with a way to balance the budget, cure cancer, defeat terrorists, and preserve freedome. The other party would fight it, tooth and nail, because it was not invented by their party.

I don't believe for a second that the Constitution would not be violated with the simplistic mantra of 'getting stuff done for the good of us all'...and you proved it. There is NOTHING in the Constitution about curing cancer.

Of course I'm on board with a balanced budget, a terrorist-free country and a return to freedom (almost nothing left to "preserve" these days), but you proved we cannot just rely on politicians to "do the right thing".

You want what's best for the nation? Get government the fuck out of the way.

Pass.

I don't believe for a second that the Constitution would not be violated with the simplistic mantra of 'getting stuff done for the good of us all'...and you proved it. There is NOTHING in the Constitution about curing cancer.

Of course I'm on board with a balanced budget, a terrorist-free country and a return to freedom (almost nothing left to "preserve" these days), but you proved we cannot just rely on politicians to "do the right thing".

You are preaching to the choir about getting the govt out of the way.

But if we pay these people to do a job, I expect them to do it. Not squabble like children.

No, America was great because we had a great private sector and we have social security, Medicare, public schools.

The government is about to shrink. Fine. Even us liberals understand the government is bloated.

Pass.

You are preaching to the choir about getting the govt out of the way.

But if we pay these people to do a job, I expect them to do it. Not squabble like children.

Fair point, but that's what they do. It's always been that way. Hell, their squabbles used to end in pistols at dawn!

ACTING!

C0uMa-NVIAAiu7c.jpg

Forum List

Back