Bill O'Reilly is hilarious!

The only thing that makes the post "hillarious" is that O'Reilly is one of the worst perpetrators of the type of thing he's whining about. :boohoo:

Prove that one!!!

He's one of the few in news broadcast that brings common sense and balance to topics.

We agree then, Bill isn't a journalist, but he IS an embarrassment.

Just curious, what do YOU think Bill is pretending to be?

I don't think he's pretending to be anything. He's an American who loves his country and hates bullshit. Does that make him immune from spewing his own bullshit once in a while? Of course not.

What kills me about the left is that they are totally incapable of giving anybody they perceive to be even a little right of center a break about ANYTHING. Bill O'Reilly works for Fox News so he's automatically Evil with a capital E and nothing he says is worth listening to.

But Ted Kennedy? Bill Clinton? John Kerry? Michael Moore? Al Franken? Every left wing nutjob blog they can find? Oh, that's different.

We agree then, Bill isn't a journalist, but he IS an embarrassment.

Just curious, what do YOU think Bill is pretending to be?

This is just one example in this thread that shows how much these open minded, peace loving liberals refuse to listen to and HATE O'Rielly.

That's because he asks the tough questions that they don't want to answer.

This is just one example in this thread that shows how much these open minded, peace loving liberals refuse to listen to and HATE O'Rielly.

That's because he asks the tough questions that they don't want to answer.

Im far from liberal. The reason i dont like OReilly is because I dont believe he actually believes in conservatism. I think he just parrots that because he knows thats where the ratings are.

nt250...What kills me about the left is that they are totally incapable of giving anybody they perceive to be even a little right of center a break about ANYTHING. Bill O'Reilly works for Fox News so he's automatically Evil with a capital E and nothing he says is worth listening to.

But Ted Kennedy? Bill Clinton? John Kerry? Michael Moore? Al Franken? Every left wing nutjob blog they can find? Oh, that's different.

So right!! He's not my fave either but he is fair minded and he tells it like it is. Many times he has criticized Bush just as Hannity has done..

So right!! He's not my fave either but he is fair minded and he tells it like it is. Many times he has criticized Bush just as Hannity has done..

Many conservatives don't like Bush. But liberals don't know that because they refuse to read anything from a conservative. Absolutely refuse to read it. They attack any source that they see as "right wing" and simply dismiss it. But, that doesn't stop them from using every left wing nutjob source they can find.

During the last election someone posted a speech by Charles Krauthammer at the board I was posting on. It was a great speech. It was really interesting to read, so it must have been a great speech to listen to. If anybody is interested in reading it just send me a PM and I'll see if I can dig up a link to it.

After that was posted, all the usual suspects immediately started posting replies that said Kramhammer was a neocon and a right wing jerk who wasn't worth reading. (I call him Kramhammer because I can never remember how to spell his name, and that board censored anything with kraut in it so it was beeped anyway). None of them read it, and admitted they wouldn't read it.

Time and time and time again, that's how liberals react. They refuse to use any source that they see as conservative as a valid idea for anything, but they have no problem using the most far left, partisian, nutjob blog, Tin Foil Hat Brigade bullshit they can find. And then they have NO IDEA why anyone would call them on it. It's bizarre.

Im far from liberal. The reason i dont like OReilly is because I dont believe he actually believes in conservatism. I think he just parrots that because he knows thats where the ratings are.

Here's what I see:

Liberals hate O'Reilly because he is right of them ... what isn't?

Many conservatives, especially traditional conservatives don't like him because he is conservative enough. Left out is he doesn't claim to be one.

I agree with him on some things and not on others, and take each issue on its own merit.

But who else has put so much time, effort and personal money into championing "Jessica's Law"; which, is something that should require no champion?

This thread is a lot like the e-mails he reads at the end of his show. A bunch of lefties call him a right-wing fanatic and a bunch of conservatives call him a liberal nutjob.

But everybody tunes in. Isn't THAT what it ultimately is about?

Here's what I see:

Many conservatives, especially traditional conservatives don't like him because he is conservative enough. Left out is he doesn't claim to be one.

I agree with him on some things and not on others, and take each issue on its own merit.

But who else has put so much time, effort and personal money into championing "Jessica's Law"; which, is something that should require no champion?

This thread is a lot like the e-mails he reads at the end of his show. A bunch of lefties call him a right-wing fanatic and a bunch of conservatives call him a liberal nutjob.

Yep. Everybody hates a moderate.

Here's what I see:

Well Gunny, I agree, that is, if we're talking about an entertainer, and as an entertainer, he's good, and sometimes very good.

When Bill's show really took off, right after 911, I watched quite a bit, and thought he stayed pretty focused on the conservative view point, which is what I am.

As time when on, the Red Cross issue came up, and I thought he handled that pretty well, and I was a frequent viewer.

But, It was about that time, that Bill started really hunting the ratings, and I found myself shaking my head more frequently, and watching less.

Today, I can hardly watch the show, but I do tune in from time to time.

I just used your post as an example. I'm sorry if I offended you about the liberal reference.

You are correct that O'Rielly doesn't believe in conservatism. He skewers ideologues on both sides; there just happens to be way more on the left. The left are way too blind to see that, so they accuse him of being on the far right.

I don’t agree with you that he tailors his position to win ratings. He wears his passion and honesty on both sleeves. Nobody could fake that.

I just used your post as an example. I'm sorry if I offended you about the liberal reference.

You are correct that O'Rielly doesn't believe in conservatism. He skewers ideologues on both sides; there just happens to be way more on the left. The left are way too blind to see that, so they accuse him of being on the far right.

I don’t agree with you that he tailors his position to win ratings. He wears his passion and honesty on both sleeves. Nobody could fake that.

That's exactly how how see O'Reilly. I don't like his show, but that has nothing to do with his opinions. I just don't like the format of it, and I don't think he's a very good interviewer. But I think he's right in a lot of the things he says, expecially about the media.

For example, he gave an interview a couple of years ago when he was promoting his last book and he complained about how book reviewers, who review his books, use dirty tactics. He was absolutely right about that.

That's just one more example of the liberal bias in the media.

That's exactly how how see O'Reilly. I don't like his show, but that has nothing to do with his opinions. I just don't like the format of it, and I don't think he's a very good interviewer. But I think he's right in a lot of the things he says, expecially about the media.....
I feel the same about Dr. Laura. I agree with just about everything she says, but I can't stand her show! You won't see me degrading either one of them. But Al Franken and Big Mike, on the other hand....

I'm not an O'Reilly fan but this made me laugh out loud because it's so true:

The Attack of the Hyper-Partisans
by Bill O'Reilly
Posted Sep 23, 2006

Are you a hyper-partisan? If so, stop it right now. These people are damaging America, and I'm calling them out.

First, a definition: A hyper-partisan is a person who does not seek the truth; rather, he or she tailors information to fit a preconceived political viewpoint. What is actually happening in the world is not important to these ideological zombies; it's all about reinforcing their core beliefs.

Thus, no matter what President Bush does, for example, he's wrong. There is absolutely nothing the man can do that would please the hyper-partisans who oppose him. On the opposite ideological page, Bill and Hillary Clinton are Satan's spawn. They are evil all day, every day.

How boring is this? If it were just a few Kool-Aid-drinking nuts, no one would care. But now you have entire media outlets that have gone hyper-partisan. Newspapers like The Boston Globe and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution are just about entirely left-wing. Yes, their circulations are in a free fall, but no journalistic enterprise should be hyper-partisan.

The infotainment industry and the Internet are also full of hyper-partisans because, unlike newspapers, you can make money with that approach, at least in conservative circles. The Air America radio network for the left tried to imitate the conservative template, but failed. That's because, while the right generally cheerleads for America, the far-left fanatics often despise their country and few want to hear that kind of vitriol.

Actor Sean Penn is a hyper-partisan. Last week on the Larry King program, Penn, as usual, was hammering the Bush administration when King actually challenged him by asking what was wrong with trying to spread democracy in the Middle East.

Penn replied the Bush administration doesn't even promote democracy in the USA. I thought that was a riot. Here's Penn ripping those in power on national TV and, at the same time, complaining there's not enough freedom here. If he tried that in Iran, his tongue would be in a museum.

Tom DeLay is a hyper-partisan. Republicans good, Democrats bad. Life simply cannot be that simple, can it? But for the hyper-partisans, it is. Nothing stands in the way of their belief system. Not facts, not provable truth.

To be honest, I believe there are more hyper-partisans on the left. Many conservatives are actually angry with the Bush administration about the unsecured southern border, enormous government spending and the stalemate in Iraq. That's why the president's poll numbers remain low. Some on the right who were behind him now have doubts about his stewardship. I don't see much independent thinking on the left.

It is hard to imagine Rosie O'Donnell, for example, becoming disenchanted with the liberal agenda no matter what. Somehow, I don't think Nancy Pelosi is going to reevaluate "taxing the rich," even if the country descended into a deep recession after more "progressive" tax laws were enacted. However, I could be wrong. And since I'm not a hyper-partisan, I can say that.

So let's start mocking all these hyper-partisans and begin to encourage critical thinking in America. It's much more interesting, and it's far better for the country because an acceptance of fact-based reality is crucial to solving problems.

And if you still don't believe me, imagine being stranded on a desert island with Howard Dean or Michael Savage. I'd hit the ocean. You'd get a fairer shake from the sharks.

We finally got the scumbag.

Fox Is Preparing to Cut Ties With Bill O’Reilly

I'm not an O'Reilly fan but this made me laugh out loud because it's so true:

The Attack of the Hyper-Partisans
by Bill O'Reilly
Posted Sep 23, 2006

Are you a hyper-partisan? If so, stop it right now. These people are damaging America, and I'm calling them out.

First, a definition: A hyper-partisan is a person who does not seek the truth; rather, he or she tailors information to fit a preconceived political viewpoint. What is actually happening in the world is not important to these ideological zombies; it's all about reinforcing their core beliefs.

Thus, no matter what President Bush does, for example, he's wrong. There is absolutely nothing the man can do that would please the hyper-partisans who oppose him. On the opposite ideological page, Bill and Hillary Clinton are Satan's spawn. They are evil all day, every day.

How boring is this? If it were just a few Kool-Aid-drinking nuts, no one would care. But now you have entire media outlets that have gone hyper-partisan. Newspapers like The Boston Globe and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution are just about entirely left-wing. Yes, their circulations are in a free fall, but no journalistic enterprise should be hyper-partisan.

The infotainment industry and the Internet are also full of hyper-partisans because, unlike newspapers, you can make money with that approach, at least in conservative circles. The Air America radio network for the left tried to imitate the conservative template, but failed. That's because, while the right generally cheerleads for America, the far-left fanatics often despise their country and few want to hear that kind of vitriol.

Actor Sean Penn is a hyper-partisan. Last week on the Larry King program, Penn, as usual, was hammering the Bush administration when King actually challenged him by asking what was wrong with trying to spread democracy in the Middle East.

Penn replied the Bush administration doesn't even promote democracy in the USA. I thought that was a riot. Here's Penn ripping those in power on national TV and, at the same time, complaining there's not enough freedom here. If he tried that in Iran, his tongue would be in a museum.

Tom DeLay is a hyper-partisan. Republicans good, Democrats bad. Life simply cannot be that simple, can it? But for the hyper-partisans, it is. Nothing stands in the way of their belief system. Not facts, not provable truth.

To be honest, I believe there are more hyper-partisans on the left. Many conservatives are actually angry with the Bush administration about the unsecured southern border, enormous government spending and the stalemate in Iraq. That's why the president's poll numbers remain low. Some on the right who were behind him now have doubts about his stewardship. I don't see much independent thinking on the left.

It is hard to imagine Rosie O'Donnell, for example, becoming disenchanted with the liberal agenda no matter what. Somehow, I don't think Nancy Pelosi is going to reevaluate "taxing the rich," even if the country descended into a deep recession after more "progressive" tax laws were enacted. However, I could be wrong. And since I'm not a hyper-partisan, I can say that.

So let's start mocking all these hyper-partisans and begin to encourage critical thinking in America. It's much more interesting, and it's far better for the country because an acceptance of fact-based reality is crucial to solving problems.

And if you still don't believe me, imagine being stranded on a desert island with Howard Dean or Michael Savage. I'd hit the ocean. You'd get a fairer shake from the sharks.

We finally got the scumbag. ...

"We"? Who is "we," bobomengele?

Forum List

Back