They Say Jim Crow, We Say Hell No

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
What's Jim Crow?

A law in Michigan banning affirmative action.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GeorgeWill/2006/09/24/a_colorblind_michigan

Not much need be said here, except to point out that "civil rights" never was about racial equality. If you once thought it was, you now have no excuse.

Check out the video George Will links to, by the way. Blacks, liberals and friends have license to commit violence against whites. What do you have, white folks?

What's Jim Crow?

Not much need be said here, except to point out that "civil rights" never was about racial equality. If you once thought it was, you now have no excuse.

Check out the video George Will links to, by the way. Blacks, liberals and friends have license to commit violence against whites. What do you have, white folks?

You should have seen BAMN last year. Scary stuff, honestly. Since I go to U of M, there are lots of MCRI / anti-MCRI groups floating around, and I expect it to get even more extravagant in November. There will be more rallies, of that I'm sure.

*Is starting to wonder if 'white liberal' is thought of as an outlier nowadays*

You should have seen BAMN last year. Scary stuff, honestly. Since I go to U of M, there are lots of MCRI / anti-MCRI groups floating around, and I expect it to get even more extravagant in November. There will be more rallies, of that I'm sure.

*Is starting to wonder if 'white liberal' is thought of as an outlier nowadays*
Bamn is a front for a much scarier, Detroit-based movement. :) You grow to get used to them, though.

"Sign my petition"
"No thanks"
"YOU RACIST WHITE DEVIL"
*walk into Jimmy Johns*

What's Jim Crow?

.357 mag and some other stuff.:2guns:

Bamn is a front for a much scarier, Detroit-based movement. :) You grow to get used to them, though.

"Sign my petition"
"No thanks"
"YOU RACIST WHITE DEVIL"
*walk into Jimmy Johns*

I just tell them I'm late for class (which is usually true) and walk off.

And I was thinking of having Jimmy John's today, but I decided to brave the Union instead. :p:

I support affirmative action, but it has flaws. Affirmative action helps middle class blacks more than anything. We need a program that can help the prospects of the large percentage of blacks living below the poverty line...that is the only way the cycle of black poverty can be stopped.

And the race wars escalate !

The thought may seem extreme, but you are not too far off. I wrote a 20 page thesis last year on the potential of race riots in the U.S. I mostly researched the riots in France and U.S. riots of the 60's.

In the status quo, America is vulnerable to riots. If we did away with quotas and affirmative action, the racial disparities in America would spiral out of control and we would most certainly have racial violence.

I support affirmative action, but it has flaws. Affirmative action helps middle class blacks more than anything. We need a program that can help the prospects of the large percentage of blacks living below the poverty line...that is the only way the cycle of black poverty can be stopped.

A word of warning 1549, there ARE thorns on those roses.

Wake up.............:fifty:

Remember New Orleans, the "Bridge people", the anger toward rescuers, the demand for help.

Help is only appreciated by those willing to help themselves.

A word of warning 1549, there ARE thorns on those roses.

Wake up.............:fifty:

Remember New Orleans, the "Bridge people", the anger toward rescuers, the demand for help.

Help is only appreciated by those willing to help themselves.

Katrina showed us the offspring of hundreds of years of racial tension.

I realize that the government can not just offer a helping program and expect immediate success. However, withdrawing programs like affirmative action and refusing to lend a helping hand is even worse. Turning a blind eye can have very serious consequences.

There is not an easy answer, but the issue has to be dealt with.

Katrina showed us the offspring of hundreds of years of racial tension.

I realize that the government can not just offer a helping program and expect immediate success. However, withdrawing programs like affirmative action and refusing to lend a helping hand is even worse. Turning a blind eye can have very serious consequences.

There is not an easy answer, but the issue has to be dealt with.

No. Kathrina showed us the culmination of the welfare state and many are now saying, no more!

Katrina showed neither. It proved what happens when there is a total and complete breakdown in government.

And the resulting problems for people who believe the government should be their primary provider. Beliefs that of course are supported by campaigning politicians and bueracratic agencies continued need of a depented populace.

What's Jim Crow?

Personally, I'm against affirmative action based on the fact that if someone gets hired/etc., it should be based on their personal merit.

The thought may seem extreme, but you are not too far off. I wrote a 20 page thesis last year on the potential of race riots in the U.S. I mostly researched the riots in France and U.S. riots of the 60's.

In the status quo, America is vulnerable to riots. If we did away with quotas and affirmative action, the racial disparities in America would spiral out of control and we would most certainly have racial violence.

What do you mean "not too far off" ? It's occuring as we speak.

Bullseye Kid! Now, if only the racebased folks could see that.
I somewhat understand why they feel the way they do, especially in the Southern states that would probably still discriminate. But now our legal system'd allow us to petition and engage in a lawsuit if they were discriminated against.

And the resulting problems for people who believe the government should be their primary provider. Beliefs that of course are supported by campaigning politicians and bueracratic agencies continued need of a depented populace.

No. Governement wasn't supposed to be, and shouldn't be, the primary provider. But it should be the safety net for those that need it. And that safety net failed.

It's not that they were a dependent populace, although to a degree that's what it means to be the poorest, oldest and weakest. It's more that the segment that got left behind was the neediest. And let's not forget that thousands upon thousands of people were told they'd be safe at the Super Dome and then were left without food and water.

No. Governement wasn't supposed to be, and shouldn't be, the primary provider. But it should be the safety net for those that need it. And that safety net failed.

It's not that they were a dependent populace, although to a degree that's what it means to be the poorest, oldest and weakest. It's more that the segment that got left behind was the neediest. And let's not forget that thousands upon thousands of people were told they'd be safe at the Super Dome and then were left without food and water.

Yes Jillian--they were a dependent populace. If they were not dependent on others they could have left when they were told too. ( that is if they weren't too afraid of thier neighborhoods being looted.) There are still poor, old and weak people dying everyday and there's no "Super Dome" to run too. Are you going to make a personal effort to help them?

Forum List

Back