Bill Maher's Islamophobic Career-Ender

Nope. How about our Congressional leaders? The same ones who agreed with Clinton that Iraq had WMD's in the 90's? Should we prosecute them too?

Give it up Madeline. Arrogance about issues that are waaaaaay above our pay grades is not pretty.

What convo isn't above your pay grade? A hillary duff v Mikey cyrus fashion show? Maybe.

It doesn't matter if they agreed on wmd or not. What matters is the resolution that congress passed and it did not mandate the invasion of iraq you dumbfuck. That info is only about eight years old so maybe in another five years you will begin to realize that information is available for your review.

Of course it didn't "mandate" the invasion. It authorized it specifically according to 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

Unless of course you're arguing that "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002" didn't actually authorize the President to use military force against Iraq. :lol:

If the holes in my logic are so gapingly obvious then why don't you point them out? This whole "you're so ridiculous that I can't even argue back" charade is fooling no one, not even your blockhead fellow teabaggers. As if I'm arguing that 9/11 was a conspiracy by the CIA in conjunction with transsexual martians and the Michelin Man, instead of simply pointing out that in all of bin Laden's propaganda and proselytizing videos especially pre-9/11, he spent the entire time fuming against US foreign policy practices that cause a lot of civilian casualties in the region and piss of whoever we leave alive. As if bin Laden's videos weren't enough, Mohammed Atta's former fellow students in Germany remember his transformation and recall him becoming increasingly enraged specifically at US sponsorship of Israeli occupation and the weekly bombings and suffocating sanctions against Iraq in the 1990s, and not "democracy & titties" as Dumbya kept repeating. But in your neocon bizarro-world, all this evidence still doesn't merit a response because as Reagan Treasury undersecretary Paul Craig Roberts said, neo-conservatives believe they have a monopoly on virtue, and anything that offends their imagined virtues (such as suggesting that US foreign policy is occasionally unpleasant and cruel to foreigners) marks you a political enemy.

Funny, you seemed to completely ignore my post that answered your rediculous statement that we conservatives don't want to talk about foreign policy pre-9/11.

Dubya said a lot of stupid things because it was the "politically correct" thing to do. Like his naming it the "War on Terrorism", when it was really a war against Islam that had started.

Neocons and their supporters are the only dumbasses claiming it's a war against a religion. We real Conservatives know it isn't a "War" but a fucking foreign policy nightmare centered on trying to keep our economy from crashing.

No its a foreign policy nightmare centered on trying to appease the idiots who believe we can get along with Islamo-whackos. Based on bringing them "democracy" when us real conservatives know thats a waste of fucking time because Islam isn't compatible with true democracy and freedom.

Israel is not under attack by people throwing the Koran, theHawk. The faith of Islam is not inextricably tied to the Middle East conflict nor terrorism...it is just a religion, and people in the US who choose to believe that-a-way have all the same civil rights as you and I.

Nuances can be your friend, yanno. No need to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, is there?

The faith of Islam is not inextricably tied to Middle East conflict? :eek: Are you kidding? Are you prepared to say Judaism isn't inextricably tied to Zionism and the existance of Israel? Judaism and Islam may be "just religions", but the fact that those two religions have collided with each other for over a thousand years may have *something* to do with the hostilities in the region.

You really need to wake up madeline. :cuckoo:

It's a pure accident that islam is in the ME while the occupations are occurring. Do you even know it was the West who created Iraq and Kuwait?

Funny, you seemed to completely ignore my post that answered your rediculous statement that we conservatives don't want to talk about foreign policy pre-9/11.

Dubya said a lot of stupid things because it was the "politically correct" thing to do. Like his naming it the "War on Terrorism", when it was really a war against Islam that had started.

Neocons and their supporters are the only dumbasses claiming it's a war against a religion. We real Conservatives know it isn't a "War" but a fucking foreign policy nightmare centered on trying to keep our economy from crashing.

No its a foreign policy nightmare centered on trying to appease the idiots who believe we can get along with Islamo-whackos. Based on bringing them "democracy" when us real conservatives know thats a waste of fucking time because Islam isn't compatible with true democracy and freedom.

Okay. You're a fucking idiot. That explains it all.

It's a pure accident that islam is in the ME while the occupations are occurring. Do you even know it was the West who created Iraq and Kuwait?

:lol::lol::lol:

Another delusional idiot.

And yes I know it was "the West" who drew up the political lines to make up Iraq. Islam was fucked up long before that.

Another delusional idiot.

And yes I know it was "the West" who drew up the political lines to make up Iraq. Islam was fucked up long before that.

This thread is like fly paper for these idiots ,and they just come right out and say this shit. its like a slo mo train wreck.

Those who accuse the once libertarian Bill Maher of becoming too much of a liberal apologist might want to clean their ears. Maher made a Juan Williams-esque confession on his program when he apprehensively noted that Mohammed has just become the most popular baby name in Britain. “Am I a racist to feel alarmed by that?” Maher asked his panel. “Because I am. And it’s not because of the race, it’s because of the religion. I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?”

His normally boisterous crowd fell silent as the panel responded to Maher’s admission.

“If you’re with NPR,” the conservative Margaret Hoover chimed, “You’d be fired.”

“It’s worse,” Lawrence O’Donnell told Maher. “It’s way worse than what Juan Williams said.” Hoover seemed to agree with this sentiment.

Reihan Salam, a conservative analyst with a Muslim name, also seemed irked by Maher’s comments, noting that he “has some uncles named Mohammed” that are “pretty decent guys.”

Of course, it’s not the name that Maher fears, but the religion. (Any of them, in fact — Maher’s qualms with religion of any sort, Islam or not, are long-standing and well-documented.) Hoover further stoked Maher by claiming that the U.K is saddled with a “far bigger problem” than baby names: Sharia law, which she said is creeping into England.

“Then I’m right,” Maher said, taking her for her word. “I should be alarmed. And I don’t apologize for it.”

And we believe him there. After all, this is the same man who got his previous show Politically Incorrect cancelled when he asserted that the 9/11 attackers were “not cowardly.”

Bill Maher Afraid Mohammeds, Islam Taking Over Western World | Mediaite

What a shame; I had just renewed my subscription to HBO -- and primarily to watch his show. Well, I am cancelling today and telling my cable provider why that is.

WTF is wrong with people lately, that hatred, ignorance and fear are considered socially acceptable? Have they all gone insane?

Bill Maher ended his career? How so?

coexist1.jpg

Those who accuse the once libertarian Bill Maher of becoming too much of a liberal apologist might want to clean their ears. Maher made a Juan Williams-esque confession on his program when he apprehensively noted that Mohammed has just become the most popular baby name in Britain. “Am I a racist to feel alarmed by that?” Maher asked his panel. “Because I am. And it’s not because of the race, it’s because of the religion. I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?”

His normally boisterous crowd fell silent as the panel responded to Maher’s admission.

“If you’re with NPR,” the conservative Margaret Hoover chimed, “You’d be fired.”

“It’s worse,” Lawrence O’Donnell told Maher. “It’s way worse than what Juan Williams said.” Hoover seemed to agree with this sentiment.

Reihan Salam, a conservative analyst with a Muslim name, also seemed irked by Maher’s comments, noting that he “has some uncles named Mohammed” that are “pretty decent guys.”

Of course, it’s not the name that Maher fears, but the religion. (Any of them, in fact — Maher’s qualms with religion of any sort, Islam or not, are long-standing and well-documented.) Hoover further stoked Maher by claiming that the U.K is saddled with a “far bigger problem” than baby names: Sharia law, which she said is creeping into England.

“Then I’m right,” Maher said, taking her for her word. “I should be alarmed. And I don’t apologize for it.”

And we believe him there. After all, this is the same man who got his previous show Politically Incorrect cancelled when he asserted that the 9/11 attackers were “not cowardly.”

Bill Maher Afraid Mohammeds, Islam Taking Over Western World | Mediaite

What a shame; I had just renewed my subscription to HBO -- and primarily to watch his show. Well, I am cancelling today and telling my cable provider why that is.

WTF is wrong with people lately, that hatred, ignorance and fear are considered socially acceptable? Have they all gone insane?

Bill Maher ended his career? How so?

Frankly, I expected that Maher's comments would be condemned as soundly as Williams were.....I dun know exactly how to account for the different reactions. In any event, Maher's career is sure as hell over at my house.

There are plenty of examples of how it's not, like say Muslims cooperating with us in the most dangerous parts of the world. But it's pointless to argue with your type because your main goal is to sound "tough" and you immediate gravitate toward any position makes you feel manly, as long as it's not so tough that it gets you immediately fired. To you life is an endless saga of constantly having to prove your masculinity without exposing yourself to physical risk, which means at every dinner table you pound the counter venting your "tough-talk" platitudes desperately trying to hide the fact that you're afraid of the sound of your own farts, as the rest of the family rolls its eyes waiting for you to be done. So saying something like "we're at war with Islam" makes you sound tougher because it's uncompromising and sounds like fightin words. I guarantee you Rush Limbaugh is the most effeminate bitch that ever lived, but thanks to him millions of people who can't swing a punch see Hercules in their bathroom mirror.

I believe Muslims are intolerant. How far does our tolerance go in tolerating such intolerant bastards?

My parents are both practicing Muslims and well over 1/2 of their really close friends are "infidels" even though they lived in areas with plenty of Muslims to hang out with if they wanted to remain exclusive. Are my parents just setting them up for an al-Qaeda beheading video 20~ years in the making? I would like it if no one still believed in an imaginary superhero living in outer space but billions do and it's not the worst thing we have to live with. And if the sum knowledge of everything you know about Muslims didn't come through Fox News or those radio assclown screaming 3 hours of bet-wetting hysteria into your head every weekday you wouldn't be staying up nights fearing that Islamo-zombies will eat your babies just because a new mosque popped up 30 miles from your house.

Forum List

Back