Bill Maher......Degenerate

Taxes are marxism?

For real?
That's all you got out of that?
Why am I not surprised?
And Bill Maher was absolutely correct.

The GOP has become a radical right wing protest movement.
That's all you got out of that?
Why am I not surprised?
I love when people talk about things that they have absolutely know idea are about. Like Communism.

Communism for conservatives now means "People I don't like".
Are we getting back on topic any time soon?
Who's Bill Maher?
Aaahhh....there we go
Maher isn't a media source. He is a very angry comedian. Angry comedy used to be the prerogative of the 60's anti establishment Black comic. Maher has taken the concept to the 21st century in an anti-American venue. Shortly after 9-11 Maher was fired from his anti-establishment unfunny show "politically incorrect", which ironically was very politically correct, when he suggested the 9-11 terrorists were in fact heroes. He hasn't changed much from the droll dough faced unfunny comic he was ten years ago.
Cool another one on topic!!
:clap2:
Degenerate? What's next? Bleeding Heart Liberal? :lol:

The 70's are over.
:lol:

I dunno what happened to this guy. I used to enjoy him, I found him funny and intelligent. Then he just fell over the edge. Sad.
Sometimes great comedians just get old and bitter like George Carlin did.

How dare you.

Carlin was a comedic god, there isn't and wasn't anyone ever as good as him.

Maher couldn't entertain me for 30 seconds with a highlight of his best hits from his career.

The people voting for the GOP think they are the "displaced" wealthy and that wealth is just around the corner.

It's fucking ridiculous.

I couldn't agree with this comment more. It's what the Republican brand is built around, whether consciously or unconsciously. There's this undercurrent in conservatism that equates being Republican with being rich. And if I just join the party, then I'm part of that lifestyle. I'm rich (or will be) too. I'm sure a few of you are :cuckoo: or scratching your heads...but it's an advertising thing. People make "lifestyle choices" all the time. And while I'm not saying all conservatives fall prey to this...people are definitely susceptible to this in droves.

Liberalism has its brand too. Edgy, rebellious, more sympathetic to the less fortunate (in theory), more forward thinking.

Oddly, the rebellion and anti-establishment is where liberals and libertarians intersect. It's why the socially liberal/fiscally conservative hybrid has come about.

The GOP never ever promises that you will become wealthy.

Where the hell did you get this warped perspective??????

And the false belief above is an example of Marxist tactics being used by Obama and his lefty friends.

The Dems will demonize being rich and they will most assuredly remove your chances of being rich if they have anything to do with it.

Ever wonder why Mexico is so poor???

Because of the separation of the classes. The rich have everything and the poor have nothing.

Who is Obama's bestest new buddy to the South?????

The Mexican President.

Ever considered the possibility that Obama wishes America was more like Mexico? He sure as hell has more respect for their immigration laws then ours.

I notice this meme from the right all the time. That the left "hates" or "demonizes" being rich. But it's absolutely not true. We love our rich. Of course most of our rich haven't been shy about saying that a 3 or 4% raise in their taxes won't bother them. In fact they have asked congress to raise their taxes.

It turned out that Mr. Buffett, with immense income from dividends and capital gains, paid far, far less as a fraction of his income than the secretaries or the clerks or anyone else in his office. Further, in conversation it came up that Mr. Buffett doesn’t use any tax planning at all. He just pays as the Internal Revenue Code requires. “How can this be fair?” he asked of how little he pays relative to his employees. “How can this be right?”
In Class Warfare, Guess Which Class Is Winning - New York Times

Bill Gates, Sr., the father of Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates, is trumpeting a new state income tax in Washington for individuals who earn more than $200,000 a year or couples who earn more than $400,000 to benefit the state's public education and health systems.
Bill Gates, Sr., Promotes 'Robin Hood' Tax On Washington's Wealthy (VIDEO)

BTW I don't for a minute believe you know enough about Marxism to write about it with any authority. With you it is just a talking point and honestly, it makes you look very uneducated.

The LAST person I'm going to worry about in a political sense is a comedian. I mean he's supposed to be an entertainer. George Carlin was great on stage and on screen (I loved "Dogma"). I never even thought to alow him to change my mind politicly.

Same with musical artists. I adore Zappa's music, I wept the day he died. He was the greatest guitar player EVER, He was probably not on the same page as me politicly, I STILL love his music.

Would it be cool to see Metallica play the republican convention? Oh HELL yes, but it's not gonna happen. I will be at their next concert in KC though.

Just ignore the bill mahrs of the world.

He would ignor you.

I dunno what happened to this guy. I used to enjoy him, I found him funny and intelligent. Then he just fell over the edge.

Sad.

Maher is still funny.

However, politically, he's completely insane.

Compared to some of the freaks he has on his show Bill Maher appears like a moderate.

I stopped watching him when they started double and triple-teaming a hand picked conservative. There were even shows when no conservative was on and all they talked about was how evil cons are.....oh and GW.

Jay Leno is a sarcastic comedian who pokes fun at politics and society in general. He is popular because his jokes aren't offensive. The left wing hate-comic is a different type. Maher is a hate speech comic and so is Jon Stewart. Their "jokes" are usually left wing political diatribes and they make no attempt at being funny or fair and balanced. Sometimes they cross the line that the liberal media sets and they are fired. Sometimes the public gets tired of the whining and the unfunny stuff.

BILL+MAHER.jpg

Synthia insists this is from a comedy routine, but refuses to provide a link.

Yeah, Maher looks like he's out for some chuckles, doesn't he? :lol:

I dunno what happened to this guy. I used to enjoy him, I found him funny and intelligent. Then he just fell over the edge. Sad.
Sometimes great comedians just get old and bitter like George Carlin did.

George Carlin got old and better.
Glad I could clear that up for ya.

Not even close.
The guy was classically hilarious for years and years.
Then he want on his religions rants and it went south from there.
Sure some of his anti-religious stuff was funny...but a one-topic comedian gets old.

Bill Maher is:

a) Half the intelligence of John Stewart
b) Half the creativity of Colbert
c) Half the wealth of Michael Moore
d) and 1/4th the comedic value of any of them

Period.

BTW I don't for a minute believe you know enough about Marxism to write about it with any authority. With you it is just a talking point and honestly, it makes you look very uneducated.
Anyone who thinks Marxism is a good idea is profoundly ignorant.

That's no talking point. That's reality, based on history.

I'll tell you what is profoundly ignorant..and that is someone that is worried about Marxism in this country, in this time. It's just flat out stupid.

I do have to say though, I'm a little surprised that you have fallen for it. Some day I predict you're going to feel like an idiot for falling for the scam.

I just finished watching Bill Maher kick Ann Coulter's ass.

It was priceless.

Ann Coulter isn't exactly the best example of conservatism.

I think if you put somebody like Newt or Chris Christey up there I think you'll get a different result.

Also, shouting over someone or only giving them one opportunity in four to answer a question isn't exactly fair.

And don't forget.....it's his show. Maher controls the topics of discussion.

I'll tell you what is profoundly ignorant..and that is someone that is worried about Marxism in this country, in this time. It's just flat out stupid.

I do have to say though, I'm a little surprised that you have fallen for it. Some day I predict you're going to feel like an idiot for falling for the scam.
Spoken like someone who thinks Marxism is a good idea.

If you can't see progressives' calls for aspects of Marxism in the US, you're simply not paying attention.

Believe what? That people voting for the GOP, that are not wealthy, are working against their own interests?

Yeah..I believe that..because it makes sense. The middle class in the country was almost non-existent until the new deal. Then it exploded. The wealthy hate the middle class. They don't like it when people are comfortable and can persue their happiness, raise families and are well educated. Because that means labor costs are higher. And they've worked overtime to reverse that. And it's, by in large, suceeded. The wealthy are obscenely wealthy again, labor is cowed, and Unions have been smashed.

The people voting for the GOP think they are the "displaced" wealthy and that wealth is just around the corner.

It's fucking ridiculous.

no, frankly whats ridiculous is your tenuous hold on reality and ability to craft anything but misbegotten bilious rants anymore. sad.

Calls them as I sees them chief.

The current crop of radicals are doing their very best to break the social safety net.

Not cool.

Not cool at all.

Not to mention that if any cuts to said social safety net are agreed to they're gonna act like they're its defenders when campaigning next year.

no, frankly whats ridiculous is your tenuous hold on reality and ability to craft anything but misbegotten bilious rants anymore. sad.

The current crop of radicals are doing their very best to break the social safety net.

Not cool.

Not cool at all.

Not to mention that if any cuts to said social safety net are agreed to they're gonna act like they're its defenders when campaigning next year.

OMG!!!!

What happened to your proclamations of Shared Sacrifice???

That only works for you when it's somebody else getting the shaft, right???

Last edited:

Not cool.

Not cool at all.

OMG!!!!

What happened to your proclamations of Shared Sacrifice???

That only works for you when it's somebody else getting the shaft, right???

What are you talking about, you stupid wingnut? Do you even understand what I said?

Forum List

Back