Bill Cosby

No, never spent a night in jail, except when I worked a part time job as a jailer/dispatcher

Nope, the rooms your councilor, go ahead and try the case without opposition.

I feel like SUCH a lynch mob buzz kill

Party on dudes

No, never spent a night in jail, except when I worked a part time job as a jailer/dispatcher

Party on dudes

Oh, and since your a noob, I'll let you in on a secret.

I don't put people on ignore, never have, never will. And when there was a neg feature, never negged a single person.

Here's the TRUTH, discuss this all you want, you DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, nor do I.

Have a nice day now. Got Salvation Army bells to ring.

Folks, Cosby can and very well might be charged with rape.

New York (where most of the allegations stem) has no limitations on rape.

Witness testimony is a valid form of evidence to consider.
Explain that to all of the pretend lawyers we have in this thread. Good grief, Cosby is afraid of something, he isn't even allowed to speak.

You understand that the wise man listens to his attorney.

You get that? Right?
Of course, everybody gets that. Why is his lawyer advising him to stfu? He knows Bill Cosby would lose a case against these women. It's strategy. Shut up and we won't have to do damage control.

Explain that to all of the pretend lawyers we have in this thread. Good grief, Cosby is afraid of something, he isn't even allowed to speak.

You get that? Right?
Of course, everybody gets that. Why is his lawyer advising him to stfu? He knows Bill Cosby would lose a case against these women. It's strategy. Shut up and we won't have to do damage control.

Bet he's glad you don't represent him.

You get that? Right?

Bet he's glad you don't represent him.
I'd be happy if you did. The prosecution would use you for batting practice. :lol:

They don't fall anywhere Pop, they're just plain ole victims.

Wouldn't a false accusser HAVE a victim, not be a victim?
You may think you are the one to solve this all by yourself but so many women with the same story? Seems just a little questionable, imo.

No , I'm playing devil advocate. You are part of the lynch mob. I need more before putting the noose around the mans neck

Dear Pop23 i think the mistake being made is forcing people to take one side over the other.
Nobody on either side has to be demonized.

If the man has a sickness, then he needs to get help. that is not a bad thing to come out and get it resolved.
Gee whiz, if people are applauded as heroes for coming out gay, or for using their disabilities to encourage others to get help,
when are we going to encourage and reward people with sickness for admitting and getting help instead of stigmatizing it.

I think all people should work together and address this openly and honestly.
where all the people get help and find healing and closure, especially anyone
who is sick, whether Cosby or Clinton or whoever.

Carrie Fisher came out and talks openly about her manic depression although her addictive behavior
was kept hush hush for the sake of the image of Star Wars.

Why can't Cosby Clinton or whoever come out and be first to de-stigmatize whatever
addictions or sickness they might have and encourage others to get help and not hide it while causing harm to more victims?

I am playing devils advocate only.

I do not know if he is or is not as he is accused, yet the thought that he MUST be guilty over a couple of news reports is odd.

If that were the case, who needs courts?
Yes what is the precedence that is attempting to be set here ? That is the situation that needs to be watched very closely here.

Trial by media never works, and makes complete fools of people who attempt it, but isn't it funny that when that happens they never seem to suffer retribution for their roles in the defaming of a person before the law or justice system does it's job ? I mean it's like they have a get out of trouble or jail free card, and this is just because they are the media ? How many times have we seen the media attack people viciously, and then when they are called on it, well they claim that it is just what a comedian does for example (Bill Maryers comes to mind) or either it was just acting, and so you all understand right ? It's sickening the devilish games people are engaging in these days, and then there is no consequences for their roles in any of these things afterwards. Come on America, how about lets stop with all the witch hunts already.

Do you all remember when religion was under attack by the media, and how it is still to this very day, and how when religious people try to make a stand for morals and standards in many cases, the media attacked them suggesting that they were on witch hunts, and that in no way was anyone guilty of immoral behaviors thus committing crimes in that way, and then how the media calls for tolerance to be exhibited in almost every situation where some one tries to stand up for something either for their families or for their children, and for their neighbors and their communities ?

The culprits are right in plane sight, and they don't hide as to what goes on, but for some reason the American people have become totally impotent and ignorant of these things these days.

I agree with your last statement, but I strongly, completely, believe that only a 'shit house' lawyer would believe it is acceptable to try, convict and sentence someone based on media stories. If there is anything to this, it should be adjudicated in court, not in the media.

What exactly is a 'shit house' lawyer? I'm just curious because I've never heard that term here in the US. Do you have lawyers who practice out of toilets where you live? If so, perhaps that explains your misunderstanding of so much in the law.

For the record, we have 'jailhouse' lawyers here, many of whom are actually pretty darn good in that they've had years to study the law without the demands of an active practice. For the record, this process which is called 'reading' the law, is still an option in lieu of law school in certain states in the US - admittedly, however, very few Bar applicants who skipped law school are able to pass the Bar exam.

Perhaps by now you've read my other post and understand that I'm not advocating trying, convicting or sentencing Cosby the serial rapist based on evidence before the court of public opinion - but I believe we are all capable of making a judgment based on the evidence presented thus far that he is a scumbag who no longer deserves our admiration in any form.

As to your underlying insinuation that I just suck and haven't a clue: I earned my JD at one of the most prestigious US law schools; I learned the criminal law specifically from a professor there named Samuel Dash, who was a lion in American criminal jurisprudence - he prosecuted President Richard Nixon in the Senate Watergate proceedings, but also founded the Harvard Defenders when he was a law student. He also for many years was affiliated with the American Criminal Law Review, a publication of my alma mater and the definitive resource for scholarship in US criminal law.

Please don't waste your energy questioning my credentials; if I cared about your opinion I would happily provide you with the info necessary to 'prove' who I am. I'm not ashamed about anything I've said here, especially not about calling you a ****, because there are certain women in this world whose mindset is so destructive to their sisters that they fully deserve such a designation, IMHO.

Oh, I'm a jailhouse lawyer aye?

Now that only attorneys are allowed comment, those wanting to hang the darn vermin, I'll sign out.

Sky, if you come into another thread and want it all to yourself, just say so, don't just beat around the bush

Adios amigos

Drama Queen much?

Piss off if you like, stay if you like. Don't blame it on me that I defended myself to that idiot Esmerelda.

I'm perfectly happy to hear your position on the statute of limitations, and perfectly happy to continue trying to educate folks in this thread, because I think the misconceptions about our system and about rape are truly in need of a counter-weight from someone who works it the actual trenches of the US criminal injustice system every single day.

If you don't agree, simply place me on ignore. No need to drama queen a huffy exit with a finger pointed at me.
In the UK Pap23 would be known as a barrack room lawyer who when cornered uses the "flounce" as a method of escape from further embarrassment.They are prone to attempt to undermine other posters by calling them "noob's" and deny any real commitment to their position by claiming they are only acting as a devils advocate .

Party on dudes

Oh, and since your a noob, I'll let you in on a secret.

I don't put people on ignore, never have, never will. And when there was a neg feature, never negged a single person.

Here's the TRUTH, discuss this all you want, you DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, nor do I.

Have a nice day now. Got Salvation Army bells to ring.
I would stick to Campanology if I were you Pap,after all you if anyone should know that empty vessels make the most noise.

I agree with your last statement, but I strongly, completely, believe that only a 'shit house' lawyer would believe it is acceptable to try, convict and sentence someone based on media stories. If there is anything to this, it should be adjudicated in court, not in the media.

What exactly is a 'shit house' lawyer? I'm just curious because I've never heard that term here in the US. Do you have lawyers who practice out of toilets where you live? If so, perhaps that explains your misunderstanding of so much in the law.

For the record, we have 'jailhouse' lawyers here, many of whom are actually pretty darn good in that they've had years to study the law without the demands of an active practice. For the record, this process which is called 'reading' the law, is still an option in lieu of law school in certain states in the US - admittedly, however, very few Bar applicants who skipped law school are able to pass the Bar exam.

Perhaps by now you've read my other post and understand that I'm not advocating trying, convicting or sentencing Cosby the serial rapist based on evidence before the court of public opinion - but I believe we are all capable of making a judgment based on the evidence presented thus far that he is a scumbag who no longer deserves our admiration in any form.

As to your underlying insinuation that I just suck and haven't a clue: I earned my JD at one of the most prestigious US law schools; I learned the criminal law specifically from a professor there named Samuel Dash, who was a lion in American criminal jurisprudence - he prosecuted President Richard Nixon in the Senate Watergate proceedings, but also founded the Harvard Defenders when he was a law student. He also for many years was affiliated with the American Criminal Law Review, a publication of my alma mater and the definitive resource for scholarship in US criminal law.

Please don't waste your energy questioning my credentials; if I cared about your opinion I would happily provide you with the info necessary to 'prove' who I am. I'm not ashamed about anything I've said here, especially not about calling you a ****, because there are certain women in this world whose mindset is so destructive to their sisters that they fully deserve such a designation, IMHO.

Now that only attorneys are allowed comment, those wanting to hang the darn vermin, I'll sign out.

Sky, if you come into another thread and want it all to yourself, just say so, don't just beat around the bush

Adios amigos

Drama Queen much?

Piss off if you like, stay if you like. Don't blame it on me that I defended myself to that idiot Esmerelda.

I'm perfectly happy to hear your position on the statute of limitations, and perfectly happy to continue trying to educate folks in this thread, because I think the misconceptions about our system and about rape are truly in need of a counter-weight from someone who works it the actual trenches of the US criminal injustice system every single day.

If you don't agree, simply place me on ignore. No need to drama queen a huffy exit with a finger pointed at me.
In the UK Pap23 would be known as a barrack room lawyer who when cornered uses the "flounce" as a method of escape from further embarrassment.They are prone to attempt to undermine other posters by calling them "noob's" and deny any real commitment to their position by claiming they are only acting as a devils advocate .
Pop talks about booze as if its his really only commitment.

Adios amigos

Drama Queen much?

See what happens when someone attempts to present the other side

Loving it!

Proof the vultures are circling.

Adios amigos

Drama Queen much?

Loving it!

Oh boo whoo Pap, don't you find it demeaning to fake a "flounce" and then play the victim card.?

Is that all you have left.

Oh welcome back bye the way, you must be loving it.

So...why did all these women wait so long? Something is very wrong with this. Did Bill piss off enough people telling black folks to pull their pants up, stop cussing, get a job, take care of their baby mama's and children, and this is paybacks or something?

Or..is he guilty as hell? And if so..again..why did they wait so long to report it?

Levelling a false charge of this sort is defamation if it's untrue. While it's true that every woman making a charge can write a book and profit from it, if it were untrue they'd only be exposing themselves to massive lawsuits. Dozen women last I heard have come foward and levelled charges. That's an awful lot of smoke...

Adios amigos

Drama Queen much?

Loving it!

Pop is a cool dude, this subject is not about him, its about Mr Cosby.

Hmmm, one thing I seem to be thinking right now is this, (did Cosby tell her to lie and say she was 19 or did she lie and tell Cosby she was 19 ?) How would a 15 year old not totally resist being taken to the playboy mansion (as if she were being kidnapped), if she didn't really want to go there to begin with ? What did she think happens at the playboy mansion ? Did she think they were going to a pajama party there ? That story sounds way out there, but I guess they will be lining up left and right now, because the bandwagon is on the move.

Forum List

Back