Bill Clinton's great regret: race disparity in the U.S.

archangel said:
Damn...I sure wish he would enforce the "Illegal Immigration" laws then, since he enforces others!
Well, according to Darwin over there, they're not really laws so much as "general rules." You know, sort of like guidelines that are open for interpretation. :rolleyes:

Darwins Friend said:
(does a chicken have a pecker for a face?)

I am assuming that this your answer. You think that Clinton is more intelligent than Bush. Let me remind you that Bush never tried to convince the entire world that a blow job isn't sex. He may mispeak or pronounce words differently than you, but the man is highly educated and was a fighter pilot in the ANG. It takes a person of high intelligence to pass flight school, even in the 60's and 70's.

onthefence said:
I am assuming that this your answer. You think that Clinton is more intelligent than Bush. Let me remind you that Bush never tried to convince the entire world that a blow job isn't sex. He may mispeak or pronounce words differently than you, but the man is highly educated and was a fighter pilot in the ANG. It takes a person of high intelligence to pass flight school, even in the 60's and 70's.

That is exactly why those who have the intelligence, fly.

Those who don't, repair the engines.

:beer:

onthefence said:
Highly educated /= Highly intelligent.

The ClayTaurus said:
Well, according to Darwin over there, they're not really laws so much as "general rules." You know, sort of like guidelines that are open for interpretation. :rolleyes:

He does have a valid point...laws are never definite...they are up for interpretation...thats why we have Appeals Courts...case law...and ammendments to the constitution....! So laws in effect are "general rules"

Dr Grump said:
This is the guy that came from nowhere to be be president for two terms. This is the guy that nobody gave a chance of winning in 92 and came through. This is the guy whose charisma turned naysayers into those who voted for him. You can tell me the guy has the morals of a sewer rat and you'll get no argument from me, but no real leadership ability? pppfffftttt
unfortuantely, the ones that run on their charisma and personality tend to be the worst for the office because they appeal to the younger crowd that has no real knowledge of politics and government. They just see the guy is 'cool' and vote for him without any solid basis for it. Look at my state, MN. Ventura was the worst thing that happened to this state and Pawlenty has spent the last 2-3 years cleaning up his mess, and getting blamed for the mess in the meantime. Ventura didn't even try to run for a 2nd term. Yet he was SOOO popular in the 98 elections, because of his personality and charisma, but had no real plans or anything remotely feasible to do for the state. I dunno how many bumper stickers that I saw that said "my governor can beat up your governor". Good luck finding one now.

GotZoom said:

alot of mechanics I know also fly...and it takes a great deal of intelligence to trouble shoot aircraft engines and other related parts...just ask a fighter pilot about his confidence and respect for a 'intelligent' mechanic!

He may misspeak or pronounce words differently than you, but the man is highly educated and was a fighter pilot in the ANG. It takes a person of high intelligence to pass flight school, even in the 60's and 70's.

Having money and getting your education purchased isn’t anything original - fathers (Bush41’) have been doing that for decades.

Let me clue you in on that decrepit piece of crap that he flew: It couldn’t get out of its own way and a Korean era MIG could’ve blown it from the sky without breaking a sweat! This asshole allowed himself to be pulled from the flight roster for not showing up! An idiot flying a straight-line crate.

You pathetic people simply don’t want to admit that you simply made a mistake - twice - in electing this roach.

GotZoom said:

In the Air Force we used to say it takes a college degree to break a plane, a high school diploma to fix it.

Darwins Friend said:
You pathetic people simply don’t want to admit that you simply made a mistake - twice - in electing this roach.

Maybe if we had better options we would had voted someone else in.

Between Bush, Gore and Kerry.....was there really a choice? :happy2:

It's called a joke.

I was in the Air Force...I know what they did....the time to do it, the pressure they were under, the conditions they had to deal with....

I have the utmost respect for any type of military mechanic.

Darwins Friend said:
Having money and getting your education purchased isn’t anything original - fathers (Bush41’) have been doing that for decades.

Let me clue you in on that decrepit piece of crap that he flew: It couldn’t get out of its own way and a Korean era MIG could’ve blown it from the sky without breaking a sweat! This asshole allowed himself to be pulled from the flight roster for not showing up! An idiot flying a straight-line crate.

So basically you are asserting that the USAF will put anybody in the cockpit. I wasn't saying that the plane that he was flying wasn't a piece of shit. I was saying that it still takes a pretty smart feller to fly that piece of shit. What he did after traing isn't the issue. What is relevant is that he was rated to fly it and that takes more than average intelligence.

Either make a valid assertion or shut the fuck up! :blowup:

Darwins Friend said:

You asolutely correct. I wont admit it was a mistake to elect Bush over the irrelevent pieces of crap we were offered as alternatives. I also wont call him a roach. As for the pathetic part...who the hell are you to judge?

theHawk said:
Maybe if we had better options we would had voted someone else in.

Between Bush, Gore and Kerry.....was there really a choice? :happy2:

Well....there is that.

Darwins Friend said:

You make it sound like Bush designed the plane and then was the only one crazy enough to fly it....

You can do better than that, Chief.

CSM said:
You make it sound like Bush designed the plane and then was the only one crazy enough to fly it....

You can do better than that, Chief.

As the Navy rejected the thing - my comment was more to point out the fact that his piloting wasn’t any more heroic than bringing a soap-box racer to a NASCAR race on Sunday - and he couldn’t even finish his duty - at that.

But thanks for recognizing my rank anyway.

Forum List

Back