Bilingual Ed

I can't imagine trying to learn ANYTHING when the teacher and everyone around me is speaking a foreign language. I just can't. One of my half brothers was adopted from Colombia when he was 6 or so. They offered bilingual ed and my Dad insisted no. Poor kid did somehow make it (my stepmom spoke Spanish so at least at home he got a bit of a break) but I can't imagine what it must have been like. Seems to me the law before was pretty damned cruel.
90 % of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school. I am one of them. Believe me, if it is just a fact of your life, you will do it too, with no problems.
Why do 90% of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school? I'm glad you had no problems, though.
Nobody has problems with this, except political trouble makers. The reason for the 90 % is that 90 % of all the ~ 200 countries is a formal colony with hundreds of tribes in them whose languages can't be tracked so they all agree to just continue in the old colonial language for the schools. Then there are even more people, and I am in this category, who are members of some ethnic minority or another, and are actively denied an education in their native languages. The purpose of this is to loot and rob them off of their money, off of their ability to do business, and off of their identities and traditions. Centralized governments that operate popular democracies all realize that they can sell in a new market when they kill off the local language of that market. Check out France.
Where did you live?
I live in France.

I can't imagine trying to learn ANYTHING when the teacher and everyone around me is speaking a foreign language. I just can't. One of my half brothers was adopted from Colombia when he was 6 or so. They offered bilingual ed and my Dad insisted no. Poor kid did somehow make it (my stepmom spoke Spanish so at least at home he got a bit of a break) but I can't imagine what it must have been like. Seems to me the law before was pretty damned cruel.
90 % of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school. I am one of them. Believe me, if it is just a fact of your life, you will do it too, with no problems.
Why do 90% of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school? I'm glad you had no problems, though.
Nobody has problems with this, except political trouble makers. The reason for the 90 % is that 90 % of all the ~ 200 countries is a formal colony with hundreds of tribes in them whose languages can't be tracked so they all agree to just continue in the old colonial language for the schools. Then there are even more people, and I am in this category, who are members of some ethnic minority or another, and are actively denied an education in their native languages. The purpose of this is to loot and rob them off of their money, off of their ability to do business, and off of their identities and traditions. Centralized governments that operate popular democracies all realize that they can sell in a new market when they kill off the local language of that market. Check out France.
Where did you live?
I live in France.
Are you a gypsy?

"Cruel"?
I'd be lost. Yes it seems cruel.

It's certainly not easy, but "cruel"?
I'm a softee. Can't deal with the little ones, I'd coddle 'em too much.

You probably never use geometry or those history lessons either. Perhaps we should cut those as well. Small minded thinking always is amusing

I use geometry all the time as a CAD Designer. History is far more important than any science regularly taught on the HS level here in the US. Of course we need honest history, not the rewritten PC version.

Where did you live?
I live in France.
Are you a gypsy?
No, Gypsies are Indo Europeans like the French and most other state majorities in Europe. I would hate to be Indo European.

Even if your job, your tax preparation service, and you primary care doctor expert diagnostic services all go there on outsourcing as is?

I do my own taxes. I'll be dead before I use foreign medical services.
Then what do you think of the usual US primary care practice that was in for minimum 20 years, that your X-rays and blood work and other results are never evaluated in the US but electronically sent to some cheaper country where the doctor there makes the diagnosis and sends it back to your local provider?

Then what do you think of the usual US primary care practice that was in for minimum 20 years, that your X-rays and blood work and other results are never evaluated in the US but electronically sent to some cheaper country where the doctor there makes the diagnosis and sends it back to your local provider?

I don't believe any US business should be outsourcing any work to any foreign country. However, until wee fix outsourcing laws they're allowed to do it. I'm not sure how that would require me to speak or read Chinese.

You probably never use geometry or those history lessons either. Perhaps we should cut those as well. Small minded thinking always is amusing

I use geometry all the time as a CAD Designer. History is far more important than any science regularly taught on the HS level here in the US. Of course we need honest history, not the rewritten PC version.
You fail to see my point. That's ok

Why not mandarin? That way they would avoid the first nuclear strike from Beijing.

I had seriously considered saying Mandarin or perhaps even Mandarin/Cantonese.

But then, upon thinking it through, I recalled that the lower classes - those who get the low-paid grunt jobs - they're Cantonese speakers so the Mandarin-speaking bosses are bi-lingual in that regard. So they give orders to be understood and followed by the slaves. Since in Sino-California there will be nothing but low-paying jobs why bother?

Where did you live?
I live in France.
Are you a gypsy?
No, Gypsies are Indo Europeans like the French and most other state majorities in Europe. I would hate to be Indo European.

You keep using that term, but I don't think you know what it means.

Why not mandarin? That way they would avoid the first nuclear strike from Beijing.

I had seriously considered saying Mandarin or perhaps even Mandarin/Cantonese.

But then, upon thinking it through, I recalled that the lower classes - those who get the low-paid grunt jobs - they're Cantonese speakers so the Mandarin-speaking bosses are bi-lingual in that regard. So they give orders to be understood and followed by the slaves. Since in Sino-California there will be nothing but low-paying jobs why bother?

You've got your info a little muddled.

Where did you live?
I live in France.
Are you a gypsy?

You keep using that term, but I don't think you know what it means.
Germanic, Slavonic, and the Latin languages are the European branches of the Indo European group, gypsy/Romani and a few others are the Asian branches of it.

Forum List

Back