Biggest welfare scam ever.....disability claims!!

Social Security Administration Seeks Shortcut Through Massive Disability Backlog
Some worry the new policy could cause claimants to miss out on a fair hearing.

“With over 1.1 million people waiting for a hearing decision, we are in the midst of a public service crisis,” SSA spokesman Mark Hinkle said in an email. “For some people this results in a wait of over 17 months to receive a hearing decision, which we concede is unacceptable service.”

If someone can’t keep working because of a serious illness or injury, that person can apply for monthly benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance program. Nearly 9 million disabled Americans receive federal disability benefits, which average $1,022 per month.

I have yet to see one person with a true disability get out of handicap parking space and not walk talk and move like the rest of us. Both my nieghbors, both WHITE, he and wife get a disability check, yet they drive, walk, do shit just like everybody else and they're on disability. I have an entire street, with just handicap parking signs on it...all white and yet I've yet to anyone with a true disability. Soldiers are coming back from these wars, and all of them are claiming some sort of disability...grant it, its okay.....but for the rest of their lives??????? 60Minutes did a expose' on this very topic and guess who tops the list?????Uhmmmm, white people in the south!!
Well, blame Obama. After he extended unemployment for a 100 months and the people still could not find a job ( yeah right) then he allowed them to get SS disability checks. They were not disable just lazy and unemployed. Democrats are really stupid people.

This is an area where politics is far outside of the issue. In truth most of our national problems are far removed from politics.

First let's get rid of foreign aid. If you haven't paid US taxes you don't deserve money from those who have.

Americans quite often receive more economic benefit in foreign aid than is ever spent. Like if you were to give a grant to nation X to modernize their farming techniques....

First they use that money to buy American made tractors.
Then they use some of that money to buy Dell computers (more than likely) and servers
The power plants are built by Bechtel or Halliburton
The scales are provided by Honeywell
They export the goods to America. And because they were planted cheaper (no over purchase due to computer modeling), harvested cheaper by using GPS (to save fuel), packaged cheaper using more accurate scales...Wal Mart can sell them to you quicker.

Most Americans don't see this because the grants are given out years before you buy the comquat...but that is the reason foreign aid is usually a bargain.

First let's get rid of foreign aid. If you haven't paid US taxes you don't deserve money from those who have.

Americans quite often receive more economic benefit in foreign aid than is ever spent. Like if you were to give a grant to nation X to modernize their farming techniques....

Then they use some of that money to buy Dell computers (more than likely) and servers
They export the goods to America. And because they were planted cheaper (no over purchase due to computer modeling), harvested cheaper by using GPS (to save fuel), packaged cheaper using more accurate scales...Wal Mart can sell them to you quicker.

Most Americans don't see this because the grants are given out years before you buy the comquat...but that is the reason foreign aid is usually a bargain.

Snake oil. The above in no way explains how giving money away saves money.
Besides, I don't like comquats and I don't want my government giving away my money to make it easier for foreigners to produce them. There are plenty of Americans who could use some aid. Let the comquat growers aid us for awhile.

Besides, I don't like comquats and I don't want my government giving away my money to make it easier for foreigners to produce them. There are plenty of Americans who could use some aid. Let the comquat growers aid us for awhile.

It actually does save money and creates jobs for Bechtel, Honeywell, Dell, International Harvester, etc...

It actually does save money and creates jobs for Bechtel, Honeywell, Dell, International Harvester, etc...

Doesn't change the fact that you can't save money by giving it away. It may well benefit those companies but that does not mean that it benefits the American people nor does it make it an appropriate use of their forced tax monies.

No arguing with that logic. Especially when there is no logic there.

It does beneifit those companies but especially their employees who spend their paychecks locally.

Expanding American commerce is among the most appropriate uses of tax monies.

Apparently GEICO doesn't have all of the cavemen who are still around.

There is a big difference between SSI & SSD.

SSI is Supplemental Security Income and is financial need based for those that become disabled that haven't worked enough hours or earned enough credits for regular SSD.

SSD is Social Security Disability, and is of the same Social Security fund for retirees. This is payer funded and for those that have worked and paid into it, yet have become disabled & no longer able to work and not of retirement age.

Not all disabilities can be seen. Many diseases & illnesses are disabilities, if they are debilitating enough that you can no longer perform your job. Yes there are many abusers & DR's that enable them.....but there are many more that are entitled

Social Security Administration Seeks Shortcut Through Massive Disability Backlog

“With over 1.1 million people waiting for a hearing decision, we are in the midst of a public service crisis,” SSA spokesman Mark Hinkle said in an email. “For some people this results in a wait of over 17 months to receive a hearing decision, which we concede is unacceptable service.”

If someone can’t keep working because of a serious illness or injury, that person can apply for monthly benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance program. Nearly 9 million disabled Americans receive federal disability benefits, which average $1,022 per month.

I have yet to see one person with a true disability get out of handicap parking space and not walk talk and move like the rest of us. Both my nieghbors, both WHITE, he and wife get a disability check, yet they drive, walk, do shit just like everybody else and they're on disability. I have an entire street, with just handicap parking signs on it...all white and yet I've yet to anyone with a true disability. Soldiers are coming back from these wars, and all of them are claiming some sort of disability...grant it, its okay.....but for the rest of their lives??????? 60Minutes did a expose' on this very topic and guess who tops the list?????Uhmmmm, white people in the south!!
I just talked to a guy who's on disability and voting for trump. He doesn't realize if Paul Ryan had his way he'd be cut off.

Figure it out. I think that's what Republicans would say to him. He does walk with a cane but so what? There are online jobs or telemarketing jobs.

Last edited:
Yeah but......you got some 25yr old with "back pain & depression" he ain't paid crap into SSI. OP is right. Need massive cleanup, look at increase since 2008. You tell me more getting hurt now than 70s'? Bullhockey. Should be less due to massive safety regs
I have a friend voting for trump who truly needs this but he also smokes weed. The dumb ass doesn't realize Paul Ryan will have the doctors drug test people on disability and he will be fucked.

link????

and you can't always see people's disabilities. putz

While your comment mentions an average monthly amount of just over a thousand a month once approved, if they didn't pay in, they don't get anything. It's their money. Not welfare.

I'd be happy to ditch /all/ welfare and social safety net programs. Lets do it, make people fucking plan for their own gd futures instead of relying on everyone else. We're not a country anymore anyway with open borders so fuck it, lets go back to every man for themselves.

I agree and you would be surprised how quickly people can take care of themselves when the free ride comes to a screeching halt.

It happened back in the 90's when they made cuts to Welfare. People took care of themselves.

I also agree you have loads of freeloaders out there on disability. People who have absolutely nothing wrong with them and certainly aren't disabled.

It's true that some people abuse the system. It's also true that the system abuses some people. A much bigger worry is the government giving away taxpayer money to foreigners that have never paid a dime into the system and hate us in any case. Let them hate us for free.

Forum List

Back