Biggest welfare scam ever.....disability claims!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Social Security Administration Seeks Shortcut Through Massive Disability Backlog
Some worry the new policy could cause claimants to miss out on a fair hearing.

“With over 1.1 million people waiting for a hearing decision, we are in the midst of a public service crisis,” SSA spokesman Mark Hinkle said in an email. “For some people this results in a wait of over 17 months to receive a hearing decision, which we concede is unacceptable service.”

If someone can’t keep working because of a serious illness or injury, that person can apply for monthly benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance program. Nearly 9 million disabled Americans receive federal disability benefits, which average $1,022 per month.

I have yet to see one person with a true disability get out of handicap parking space and not walk talk and move like the rest of us. Both my nieghbors, both WHITE, he and wife get a disability check, yet they drive, walk, do shit just like everybody else and they're on disability. I have an entire street, with just handicap parking signs on it...all white and yet I've yet to anyone with a true disability. Soldiers are coming back from these wars, and all of them are claiming some sort of disability...grant it, its okay.....but for the rest of their lives??????? 60Minutes did a expose' on this very topic and guess who tops the list?????Uhmmmm, white people in the south!!

This is the sort of cut a businessman would make. If Trump runs America like a business, look for major cuts in spending. He will set the budget back to 2012 level and then cut spending by 1% every year for 6 years. Sont tell me the government can't cut spending by 1% every year.

Well to be fair, that's exactly what we've /all/ been paying into Social Security system for. It's not exactly welfare, prepaid welfare at best. Everyone pays around 13.8% of their income into the program for their entire working lives (including employers. It's split between employer and employee 6.9% each.) 13.8% of ones entire working life's wages could be quite a bundle of money the government has been making free interest on over the years (At least I'm pretty sure they invest it, I'd have to look that bit up, but I thought Alaska's PFD was modeled after it.)

Yeah but......you got some 25yr old with "back pain & depression" he ain't paid crap into SSI. OP is right. Need massive cleanup, look at increase since 2008. You tell me more getting hurt now than 70s'? Bullhockey. Should be less due to massive safety regs

• Banned
This is the sort of cut a businessman would make. If Trump runs America like a business, look for major cuts in spending. He will set the budget back to 2012 level and then cut spending by 1% every year for 6 years. Sont tell me the government can't cut spending by 1% every year.

LOLOLOL...I'm gonna try to not to laugh while typing this, really?? Listen, the reason congress is a shit hole today, because you nuts sent a bunch of so called business people to do a job outside of their comfort zones of delegating work to OTHERS. These millionaires may come up with the concept, especially Trump with daddies money, but they never get their hands dirty. And its the little guy that makes them the money. That doesn't quantify you as a leader in a political forum....it just makes you a big shit on Wall Street and in your home town.

• Banned
Well to be fair, that's exactly what we've /all/ been paying into Social Security system for. It's not exactly welfare, prepaid welfare at best. Everyone pays around 13.8% of their income into the program for their entire working lives (including employers. It's split between employer and employee 6.9% each.) 13.8% of ones entire working life's wages could be quite a bundle of money the government has been making free interest on over the years (At least I'm pretty sure they invest it, I'd have to look that bit up, but I thought Alaska's PFD was modeled after it.)
Get the fuck out of here....At least be fuckin disabled.....you know and I know, 80% of disability claims are for bullshit, most is back and mental claims...two undisputible issues, backed by crooked doctors and lawyers...google the 60Minutes piece on it...fuck this paid into it shit....I shouldn't have to pay for you for the rest of your fuckin life cause you got hurt on the job, breaking a finger nail...welfare to dead beats end after 5 years, pal

LOLOLOL...I'm gonna try to not to laugh while typing this, really?? Listen, the reason congress is a shit hole today, because you nuts sent a bunch of so called business people to do a job outside of their comfort zones of delegating work to OTHERS. These millionaires may come up with the concept, especially Trump with daddies money, but they never get their hands dirty. And its the little guy that makes them the money. That doesn't quantify you as a leader in a political forum....it just makes you a big shit on Wall Street and in your home town.
Nevertheless, your family's days on welfare and fake disability are numbered. So is your ObamaPhone.

I'd be happy to ditch /all/ welfare and social safety net programs. Lets do it, make people fucking plan for their own gd futures instead of relying on everyone else. We're not a country anymore anyway with open borders so fuck it, lets go back to every man for themselves.

• Banned
Yeah but......you got some 25yr old with "back pain & depression" he ain't paid crap into SSI. OP is right. Need massive cleanup, look at increase since 2008. You tell me more getting hurt now than 70s'? Bullhockey. Should be less due to massive safety regs

The female that confronted Obama back when he was running for president, some tea party nut that supposedly the leader of the movement back then...this bitch was on disability and fussing to the guy for limited gov....couldn't make that shit up on my best fuckin day. And the only reason congress and politicians DON'T TACKLE THE SUBJECT, BUT INSTEAD FOCUS ON WELFARE.......IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT HALF THEIR SUPPORT BASE IS NOT ONLY ON IT....BUT BECAUSE ITS WHITE PEOPLE THE DOMINATE THE CLAIMS AND ITS MUCH EASIER TO ATTACK WELFARE WHERE MINORITIES DOMINATE IT.

Nevertheless, your family's days on welfare and fake disability are numbered. So is your ObamaPhone.
I want you to remember this...the last time you nuts got all excited and up in a frenzy, was 2 years ago when you took the house and senate.....how's that working for ya? If I were you, I'd shut the fuck up and start doing meth again....thus far, your record for success, ain't working out to well...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'd be happy to ditch /all/ welfare and social safety net programs. Lets do it, make people fucking plan for their own gd futures instead of relying on everyone else. We're not a country anymore anyway with open borders so fuck it, lets go back to every man for themselves.

Lets go back to every man for themselves? When did it stop????? Did I blink and miss it?

Vote R Tiger, they hate welfare, JS

Why would I vote for a party, who in my opinion are the biggest welfare recipients in the country? Between corporate welfare and the freebies them motherfuckers get on the hill and not have to work for it? How many weeks vacation does your job provide? Thus far, them bastards have taken more vacations than actual working days, so....why prey tell would I support a party like this?

Lets go back to every man for themselves? When did it stop????? Did I blink and miss it?

... don't play stupid honey.

"Not including Social Security and Medicare, Congress allocated almost $717 billion in federal funds in 2010 plus $210 billion was allocated in state funds ($927 billion total) for means tested welfare programs in the United States, of which half was for medical care and roughly 40% for cash, food and housing assistance. Some of these programs include funding for public schools, job training, SSI benefits and medicaid.[2] As of 2011, the public social spending-to-GDP ratio in the United States was below the OECD average.[3] Roughly half of this welfare assistance, or $462 billion went to families with children, most of which are headed by single parents.[4]

Total Social Security and Medicare expenditures in 2013 were $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of the $16.3 trillion GNP (2013) and 37% of the total Federal expenditure budget of $3.684 trillion.[5][6]

In addition to government expenditures, private welfare spending, i.e. social insurance programs provided to workers by employers,[7] in the United States is estimated to be about 10% of the U.S. GDP or another $1.6 trillion, according to 2013 OECD estimates.[8] In 2001, Jacob Hacker estimated that public and private social welfare expenditures constituted 21% and 13-14% of the United States' GDP respectively. In these estimates of private social welfare expenditures, Hacker included mandatory private provisions (less than 1% of GDP), subsidized and/or regulated private provisions (9-10% of GDP), and purely private provisions (3-4% of GDP).[9]"

In a 2011 article, Forbes reported, "The best estimate of the cost of the 185 federal means tested welfare programs for 2010 for the federal government alone is $717 billion, up a third since 2008, according to the Heritage Foundation. Counting state spending of about $210 billion, total welfare spending for 2010 reached over $920 billion, up nearly one-fourth since 2008 (24.3%)"—and increasing fast.[45] The previous decade had seen a 60% decrease in the number of people receiving welfare benefits,[15] beginning with the passage of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act, but spending did not decrease proportionally during that time period. Combined annual federal and state spending is the equivalent of over $21,000 for every person living below poverty level in America.[46]

----

And you know that shits higher today then it was in 2010.

I'm for getting rid of all that crap and cutting almost a trillion dollars off the budget.

... don't play stupid honey.

"Not including Social Security and Medicare, Congress allocated almost $717 billion in federal funds in 2010 plus $210 billion was allocated in state funds ($927 billion total) for means tested welfare programs in the United States, of which half was for medical care and roughly 40% for cash, food and housing assistance. Some of these programs include funding for public schools, job training, SSI benefits and medicaid.[2] As of 2011, the public social spending-to-GDP ratio in the United States was below the OECD average.[3] Roughly half of this welfare assistance, or $462 billion went to families with children, most of which are headed by single parents.[4]

Total Social Security and Medicare expenditures in 2013 were $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of the $16.3 trillion GNP (2013) and 37% of the total Federal expenditure budget of $3.684 trillion.[5][6]

In addition to government expenditures, private welfare spending, i.e. social insurance programs provided to workers by employers,[7] in the United States is estimated to be about 10% of the U.S. GDP or another $1.6 trillion, according to 2013 OECD estimates.[8] In 2001, Jacob Hacker estimated that public and private social welfare expenditures constituted 21% and 13-14% of the United States' GDP respectively. In these estimates of private social welfare expenditures, Hacker included mandatory private provisions (less than 1% of GDP), subsidized and/or regulated private provisions (9-10% of GDP), and purely private provisions (3-4% of GDP).[9]"

In a 2011 article, Forbes reported, "The best estimate of the cost of the 185 federal means tested welfare programs for 2010 for the federal government alone is $717 billion, up a third since 2008, according to the Heritage Foundation. Counting state spending of about $210 billion, total welfare spending for 2010 reached over $920 billion, up nearly one-fourth since 2008 (24.3%)"—and increasing fast.[45] The previous decade had seen a 60% decrease in the number of people receiving welfare benefits,[15] beginning with the passage of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act, but spending did not decrease proportionally during that time period. Combined annual federal and state spending is the equivalent of over $21,000 for every person living below poverty level in America.[46]

----

And you know that shits higher today then it was in 2010.

I'm for getting rid of all that crap and cutting almost a trillion dollars off the budget.

Could you please show me one post, one anything you posted here, while Bush was in office....voicing your concerns of federal spending....if not then fuck off!!

I wasn't on this site when Bush was president, but I've always been concerned about Federal spending... I may have bitched about it in a post I made about the housing crash a while back.

Vote R Tiger, they hate welfare, JS

Why would I vote for a party, who in my opinion are the biggest welfare recipients in the country? Between corporate welfare and the freebies them motherfuckers get on the hill and not have to work for it? How many weeks vacation does your job provide? Thus far, them bastards have taken more vacations than actual working days, so....why prey tell would I support a party like this?[/QUOTE

You seem to be on the verge of waking up to the scam that is the political process...I salute you. I have spent over 16,000 hours of my time the last 4 years researching on how we got to this place. It has become my obsession. I threw out the TV...I put it on the curb and it was gone in a few hours...good riddance. My ability to discern information and process it has improved 100 percent. I also sleep better...before, I couldn't go to sleep unless it was on in the background. When I go to a sports bar to watch an occasional sporting event, I get a headache. I know quite a bit about what has been done to us and it's hard to wrap your mind around it and I can help you by giving you small doses at a time because If I was to try an unload it all on you at one time, you would run away screaming...as most people would. Let me know if you want to take the red pill and I will help you. I see that you understand that something is really wrong. One thing I will leave you with is that both political parties are beholding to the same banking oligarchs that really own this country and have seen 1912. The "cabal", oligarchs...whatever you want to call them have mastered the art of keeping us divided along racial, religious, political, gender and economic lines..they thrive on tribalism because their worst fear is for the people to show a united front. If you want to make the world a better place, if you want equality for all, you are my brother.

I wasn't on this site when Bush was president, but I've always been concerned about Federal spending... I may have bitched about it in a post I made about the housing crash a while back.

Sure you did....but here are the facts, while Reagan was in office, Bush Sr and Jr in office, I don't recall anyone on the right going bat shit crazy over spending...however, when Clinton and Obama hit the scene.....well, you know the pattern...its a noted pass time with you nuts

First let's get rid of foreign aid. If you haven't paid US taxes you don't deserve money from those who have.

First let's get rid of foreign aid. If you haven't paid US taxes you don't deserve money from those who have.

Good idea, but how about starting with a conservative congress who's taken more vacation than actual working days, who whine about ACA, but gets it at our expense, who gets a 6 figure check and does nothing for it, who get all the perks and benefits of their office, but doesn't earn....PLEASE LEARN TO PICK YOUR BATTLES...FOREIGN AIDE ISN'T IT.

Forum List

Back