Big win for civil rights

The cops got a bit of a Kav going on there.
3500.jpg

Chicago police officer who shot black teen 16 times found guilty of murder

Shows what a state the US is in when a verdict like this causes shock.

The response of the police union shows how far it still has to go.

Kudos to BLM who I understand were instrumental in getting the footage released. Well done guys.
Civil Rights? Do you ever know what you are talking about?

The cop was convicted of a criminal act.
LOL...it’s Tommy. Stupidity reigns!

so the system worked and caught the bad cop
Not really, in the absence of video evidence he would probably have walked. First chicago cop in 50 years to be convicted. Hmmm, they must be a bunch of angels up in Chicago.

what

obviously it did

the system reviewed his actions

referred a criminal complaint

went to court

was found guilty by a group of peers

and sentenced to prison

looks like it worked from here

LM was still a jackass criminal and good riddance
....the CRIMINAL blacks will still keep getting shot if they do stupid stuff/threaten cops/resist/etc and rightly so
--that's why so many are NOT found guilty
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
and he is probably innocent
you people are always complaining the courts are wrong, aren't you
so, he's probably innocent
make up your minds
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Yep , this was about civil rights. And hopefully it starts more police getting tried for murder when they do things such as this.

I wonder why he needed 16 shots to get the job done. At some point the kid would have stopped being a threat.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a bad cop. He lost during the encounter and in court.

That said, I know most cops are good people who should be respected.

Fa too many of hem are doing things like this. And every time somebody has to tell us how there are good ones. As long as this happens and police don't stop it, there are no good ones.

Fa too many of hem are doing things like this. And every time somebody has to tell us how there are good ones. As long as this happens and police don't stop it, there are no good ones.
Most cops are good people who should be appreciated and respected.

Chicago police officer who shot black teen 16 times found guilty of murder

Shows what a state the US is in when a verdict like this causes shock.

The response of the police union shows how far it still has to go.

Kudos to BLM who I understand were instrumental in getting the footage released. Well done guys.
Civil Rights? Do you ever know what you are talking about?

The cop was convicted of a criminal act.

Police officers generally have broad powers to carry out their duties. The Constitution and other laws, however, place limits on how far police can go in trying to enforce the law. As the videotaped beating of motorist Rodney King, in Los Angeles illustrated, police officers sometimes go too far, violating the rights of citizens. When this happens, the victim of the misconduct may have recourse through federal and state laws. A primary purpose of the nation's civil rights laws is to protect citizens from abuses by government, including police misconduct.

I cant disagree with you. But its disappointing to read the comments of their union. I understand the "circle the wagons" thing but they should realise that this sort of shit makes their job harder.
Policing should be by consent, it cant work in any other way.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I cant disagree with you. But its disappointing to read the comments of their union. I understand the "circle the wagons" thing but they should realise that this sort of shit makes their job harder.
Policing should be by consent, it cant work in any other way.
No one deserves automatic respect or deference simply due to their job title. The police are just like everyone else, some are good at their jobs, some are exemplary. Others are there just to collect a pay check (like in a lot of industries) while some see it as an opportunity to get paid to abuse others and act out their aggressions. The comments of the police union particulary underscore this last point.

Anyone who is scared of the people that they serve should not be working in law enforcement in my opinion. You have to wonder what someone who has the authority to level force against another human being that would otherwise be criminal and is armed with a plethora of weaponry that can inflict death has to be afraid of other than being ambushed and if that thought scares or terrifies them, maybe working as a police officer is not the right occupation for them.

The problem is apparently it's hard to tell until push comes to shove and the officer does something like unnecessarily shooting someone 16 times.

The fact that this is the first time in 50 years that an officer has been tried and convicted is VERY telling especially in consideration of the history of corruption in the Chicago police agencies which has been reported and documented by the U.S. Department of Justice:
Chicago cops stripped of powers as FBI probes ripoffs of drug dealers, sources say

Tommy, you are such an arrogant, pompous, lying, stupid, misbegotten, phony, dehumanizingly American-hating pile of Islam-human-rights-atrocities-loving, British, spiral-shaped SHIT, are you this arrogant that you believe that ANY American on USMB gives a flying fuck what your island of inbred pedophiles think about a goddamn thing? Your own BBCrap and Guardiabomination were cheerfully jacking off over 9/11 on 9/12/01 over dead American "seppos". See, us bloody "seppos" have been seeing for years that you British pigs are the most mindless, murderous American-hating culture of pond life on this planet; America's "closest ally" is truly America's worst enemy. You Brits' national character STINKS SO BAD to this "yankee-doodle-dandy" that it would overwhelm the stench of an overflowing dumpster, behind a pork abbatoir, during a summer heat wave, when the garbage men are on strike.

Don't be fooled by the Brits' subterfuge of charm and manners; if you want to see Britain's REAL character look at their binge-drinking, cousin-inbred mindless soccer riots. I have personally spent so many years of dealing with binge-drinking, hate-filled, drooling-retard British tourist filth of my race, there is literally NOTHING on this planet this American detests more than the UK. In every quantifiable manner, that fanatically American-hating, Islam-fellatrix vile filth of humanity, Britain, is the most uncivilized, animal-like, white trash vermin of my race I have ever encountered on an international basis.

Tommy, you are such an arrogant, pompous, lying, stupid, misbegotten, phony, dehumanizingly American-hating pile of Islam-human-rights-atrocities-loving, British, spiral-shaped SHIT, are you this arrogant that you believe that ANY American on USMB gives a flying fuck what your island of inbred pedophiles think about a goddamn thing? Your own BBCrap and Guardiabomination were cheerfully jacking off over 9/11 on 9/12/01 over dead American "seppos". See, us bloody "seppos" have been seeing for years that you British pigs are the most mindless, murderous American-hating culture of pond life on this planet; America's "closest ally" is truly America's worst enemy. You Brits' national character STINKS SO BAD to this "yankee-doodle-dandy" that it would overwhelm the stench of an overflowing dumpster, behind a pork abbatoir, during a summer heat wave, when the garbage men are on strike.

Don't be fooled by the Brits' subterfuge of charm and manners; if you want to see Britain's REAL character look at their binge-drinking, cousin-inbred mindless soccer riots. I have personally spent so many years of dealing with binge-drinking, hate-filled, drooling-retard British tourist filth of my race, there is literally NOTHING on this planet this American detests more than the UK. In every quantifiable manner, that fanatically American-hating, Islam-fellatrix vile filth of humanity, Britain, is the most uncivilized, animal-like, white trash vermin of my race I have ever encountered on an international basis.
Back in your box ya dumb fuck.

You'll convince me of that when cops clean up their own.

Forum List

Back