BIG NEWS; N.KOREA willing to engage in talks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John Shaw, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John Shaw

John Shaw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,479
    Why did you respond to me like that?

2. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,365
    Our agenda is the same.
    We want what is best for our nation and even the people suffering in NK.

Unlike libturds we are aware we don't know everything and if we don't critically think, analyse the the data and debate the possible results and conclusions we are doomed to fail. Libturds are more worried about "winning" petty conflicts like spoiled children.

Take for instance this little story....

Former Obama aide Kal Penn wants Schumer 'out of office' after pro-Israel speech

3. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,073
    Perhaps, but this time I think they know they are dealing with a real leader--not some clown looking to make political points or looking for material for their presidential library after they are gone.

Think what you like about Trump, but he is a hard ass. He doesn't put up with shit from anybody. Trump doesn't care about reelection, making his party look good, or even what will be written about him once he's off his planet. He's here to do the job--not just enjoy the title.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,073
    I agree with that. But I also think the less ammunition we give them, the better.

5. Redfish

Redfish Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,201

I was agreeing with your previous post. sorry if I wasn't clear.

6. Redfish

Redfish Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,201

they don't need ammunition, they make it up. the media is the enemy of the USA, and that is a very sad and dangerous development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. task0778

task0778 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,674
    I think Trump's move in this regard will resonate very well with middle America, who would like to see the NK threat go away. Maybe it will maybe it won't but if it doesn't work out then in 2020 Trump can say he did what no other president would do to try and stop the madness. I would think that would go over very well with most Americans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Redfish

Redfish Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,201

I agree with all that. My objection is treating this pompous murdering dictator as an equal to the president of the USA. He is not equal, he is a slug, he murdered thousands of his own people and enslaves the rest. he fed his political enemies to rabid dogs.

Trust this guy? sit down with him as an equal? I say no. But I am just one voice.

9. Redfish

Redfish Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,201
    If Trump is determined to meet with Un, he should send Tillerson or someone else to make the deal, then show up very briefly to sign it, then fly back to DC. Negotiating one on one just gives the creep credibility. Putin would not do it, neither would the Chinese leader, or the UK prime minister. The guy is no where near equal in any way to the president of the USA. Treat him like the slug that he is, make sure that he no longer presents any threat to us or anyone else.

10. task0778

task0778 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,674
    Well nobody said anything about trust. As I understand it, we ain't going to stop or reduce the sanctions at all while these talks are going in. We'll see how it plays out, but I would hop we don't give an inch until they stop their nuclear program and we verify it. Not the UN, not the South Koreans, not the Chinese, us.

As for being an equal, nobody outside of NK thinks that. Doesn't really matter what the NKers themselves are thinking, and I don't think any other gov't is going to think less of us and of Trump for making the effort to end NK's nuclear ambitions. I'm like you, I think the chances for that are slim and none, but given the seriousness of the situation where these guys could in fact soon have the capability to reach our west coast with nukes, I'm good with this move.

• Agree Agree x 1