Big Dem win in rural Wisconsin. Team Blue just won in a landslide in what WAS deep Trump territory

This will change the balance of power in Wisconsin.....wait....it won't? Not even close you say?

Hey, nobody said it would, way to not get it.
It's a local election based on local issues. It is YOU that does not get it.

Unlike many on this board most people's lives do not revolve around Trump

Did you know that of the special elections that just occurred Democrats outperformed by over 20 points on average? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Im sure i dgaf. What others do in their states is not germane to my life.

=

Head in the sand.

there are special elections in 3 different states, not that anyone would care. they're too busy caring about whether Trump is a drug addict.

You need to provide a link to what you are talking about

you kind of should know there were special elections in three states.

Democrats Score Special Election Upset In Wisconsin GOP Stronghold | HuffPost

Analysis | This is what the Democratic special election wave looks like.

Head in the sand.

A recent photo of Grampa on vacation

upload_2018-1-17_11-43-47.png

Paul Ryan and Scott Walker.......Can you hear us??? (Walker calls the results a ‘wake-up call.)........................LOL
Lyin' Ryan got Trumped and is being flushed out of the swamp. He has better things to worry about, like begging for his job back at McDonald's.

What? You don't want fries with that?
ryan_frown.jpg

Anyone who doesn't think there is a Democratic wave coming in the midterm is delusional. This is the same pattern we saw leading up to the 2006 midterms when Democrats took back the House and Senate and the same pattern we saw with Republicans in 2010 when they took them back.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a Democratic wave coming in the midterm is delusional. This is the same pattern we saw leading up to the 2006 midterms when Democrats took back the House and Senate and the same pattern we saw with Republicans in 2010 when they took them back.

I don't see it in 2018

President Trump became the first Republican to carry Wisconsin in a presidential election since Ronald Reagan by running up his score in places like the rural 10th state Senate district, which includes a swath of five counties between Eau Claire and Superior along the Minnesota border.

Trump won there by 17 points in 2016. A special election was triggered when Gov. Scott Walker tapped a popular state senator, who had held the seat since 2000, to become his agriculture secretary. Last night, Democratic candidate Patty Schachtner won by nine points.
(Source)​

Election after election, we see Republicans coming up empty-handed. Last night's special election in WI, after the GOP passed a grossly unpopular tax cut that Republicans are trying to convince people is the best thing since sliced bread. Clearly people aren't buying it.

And then there is the "writing on the wall" in places where Republicans have won House special elections.
  • Georgia 6th District:
    • 2016: GOP won by 23%
    • 2017 GOP won by 4%
  • Kansas 4th District:
    • 2016: GOP won by 30% (? I think...it may have been more; too lazy to check now)
    • 2017: GOP won by 6%
  • South Carolina 5th District:
    • 2016: GOP won by 20%
    • 2017: GOP won by 3%
  • Montana At-large:
    • 2016: GOP won by 15%
    • 2017: GOP won by 6%
Don't let the Democrats get hold of either the House or the Senate. If they do, we'll suddenly have to listen to Trump spew new levels of BS about why executive orders are good things. The Dems may not get enough control to impeach and oust Trump, but they need only one chamber to politically emasculate him.

Good post, pointing out the shift from Trump euphoria to the reality that he IS a charlatan.

The GA election where the GOPer won by 4% is key here......That district was Tom Price's and....for a long time, Newt Gingrich's....How red was that district versus now after just a short stint of the Trump administration?
How red was that district versus now after just a short stint of the Trump administration?

Actually all of those districts were "ruby red," so to speak, just as is Alabama.

Good post, pointing out the shift from Trump euphoria to the reality that he IS a charlatan.

Well, it appears now that even John Kelly thought/thinks at least one genre of Trump's notions/policies are uninformed.
While I think Trump a charlatan, more germane to me is that, in general, he "puts the 'e' in 'ignernt.' "

Yep. Somehow neither party has yet figured out that an electoral win doesn't equal a "mandate".

How can something so obvious get past so many people?

Did they falsely accuse the republican of rape in this one too?

Actually, it is WORSE for you moronic right wingers.....

The republican who lost was an OK candidate that SHOULD have won........which then makes the democrat's victory even SWEETER, don't you agree?......................LOL

Forum List

Back