Big Budgets create abusive governments

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I believe that their were a lot of laws that restricted homosexual behavior. Despite these laws their probably was a lot of homosexual sex going on. The reason for this is because governments have very limited resources and they can't enforce every law perfectly every minute of the day. This is way cops will enforce the speed limit aggressively in one area of town. It is because people have been speeding a lot in it. They can't enforce the speed laws that aggressively all the time which forces them to do it selectively. The same can be said about every other crime that is being committed. They simply don't have the resources or ability to enforce it completely so they rely on people submitting themselves to the law or voluntary cooperation.

The thing about anti-gay laws is that they couldn't enforce those laws inside someone's home and their is no way they can watch everyone at every moment so their probably was a lot of homosexual activity going on that just couldn't be stopped by the law. I'm against homosexuality but, at the same time, it is really low on my radar screen so I don't care but those who push for big government with big budgets may be creating governments that could enforce every single unfair law in the books.

And there are lots of them that simply don't get enforced for the above reason which is limited resources. Large governments with lots of resources have a lot of time and money to spend on enforcing laws which is good but there are a lot of laws that shouldn't really be enforced rigorously.

Forum List

Back