Big Brother is Watching You (UK Citizens)

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Police in £9m scheme to log 'domestic extremists' | UK news | The Guardian

Over the past few months, I have watched news article after news article show up detailing the Big Brother like methods of the United Kingdom.

This is definitely a step further:

The hidden apparatus has been constructed to monitor "domestic extremists", the Guardian can reveal in the first of a three-day series into the policing of protests. Detailed information about the political activities of campaigners is being stored on a number of overlapping IT systems, even if they have not committed a crime.

Senior officers say domestic extremism, a term coined by police that has no legal basis, can include activists suspected of minor public order offences such as peaceful direct action and civil disobedience.

Are the "War is Peace" and "We've always been at war with Iraq" posters up yet? :eusa_eh:

Over the past few months, I have watched news article after news article show up detailing the Big Brother like methods of the United Kingdom.

The hidden apparatus has been constructed to monitor "domestic extremists", the Guardian can reveal in the first of a three-day series into the policing of protests. Detailed information about the political activities of campaigners is being stored on a number of overlapping IT systems, even if they have not committed a crime.

Senior officers say domestic extremism, a term coined by police that has no legal basis, can include activists suspected of minor public order offences such as peaceful direct action and civil disobedience.

Are the "War is Peace" and "We've always been at war with Iraq" posters up yet? :eusa_eh:

You seem to be far more concerned than any UK citizen. What's your problem?

It's because Americans will generally struggle to understand the ability of the British to accept the attitute of 'it's not a bid deal if you have nothing to hide'. You're view of civil liberties and our view of civil liberties are poles apart, mate.

It's because Americans will generally struggle to understand the ability of the British to accept the attitute of 'it's not a bid deal if you have nothing to hide'. You're view of civil liberties and our view of civil liberties are poles apart, mate.

Exactly Cali! Only those up to no good have anything to fear from cctv cameras on the streets. Indeed, they have been instrumental in enabling the arrests and prosecutions of terrorists. And myriads of scumbags who pollute our cities with mindless violence and vandalism.

Exactly Cali! Only those up to no good have anything to fear from cctv cameras on the streets. Indeed, they have been instrumental in enabling the arrests and prosecutions of terrorists. And myriads of scumbags who pollute our cities with mindless violence and vandalism.

But, mo chara, you are the most surveilled nation on earth! However, this is more about the police keeping personal details on a database of ordinary citizens who have protested. Is that right? I think not, personally.

My main issue with this CCTV stuff is different - I worry that my bum looks big on camera! The camera adds 10lbs you know!!! :eek::eek:

But, mo chara, you are the most surveilled nation on earth! However, this is more about the police keeping personal details on a database of ordinary citizens who have protested. Is that right? I think not, personally.

My main issue with this CCTV stuff is different - I worry that my bum looks big on camera! The camera adds 10lbs you know!!! :eek::eek:

The Islamic extremists worry about the same thing when they carry their bomb in a haversack. They are always asking, 'does my bomb look big in this?'

The Islamic extremists worry about the same thing when they carry their bomb in a haversack. They are always asking, 'does my bomb look big in this?'

It's a lesson for us all..... Never wear a puffer jacket on the underground. LOL.

don't wear denim jackets on the underground either.

180px-Menezes-death.jpg

Forum List

Back