Big Brother Fines Utah HS for selling soda

[... As long as it is not something illegal for kids to have (Beer for example), it is all well and good...

'

Well, if there's a Federal law against selling sodas during lunch, they WOULD be illegal for kids.

And the authority for that is where in the Constitution...?? Do you have a link to this law?? I would actually love to read it... (not being shitty towards you here... I would really like to read it)

Why didn't you ask the OP for a link to the law?

What if these fines aren't paid? Will Big Brother arrest and imprison these school officials?

They be vindictive enough to do it. I say Don't pay...Force the issue and argue the repeal of the intrusiveness.

Then they lose hundreds of thousands in support for school lunches.

So they'll pay the fine.

I'd cancel the lunch program and tell them to f off. Kids bring your own lunches. Freedom's more important than being at government's teet.

Heck, maybe even sell better improved lunches and make a profit for your school.

They be vindictive enough to do it. I say Don't pay...Force the issue and argue the repeal of the intrusiveness.

So they'll pay the fine.

I'd cancel the lunch program and tell them to f off. Kids bring your own lunches. Freedom's more important than being at government's teet.

Heck, maybe even sell better improved lunches and make a profit for your school.

Agreed.

Government needs to find something better to do than infringing on individual liberty.

The OUTRAGE!

My kid likes to have a nice cold beer with lunch. But the laws in place prohibit this freedom. What has become of this country!

Unfortunately, witless group-thinkers like yourself are trying to turn it into Greece.

Next up big brother will ban chocolate milk on lunch menus. I wonder if they banned soda in the federal cafeteria yet?

Agreed...it's meddling from Government where it isn't wanted by INDIVIDUAL Americans...

Chocolate milk stirs controversy in schools

I understand this sentiment- but I disagree that a government entity cannot create its own policies.

The fact of the matter is that I despise public schools in that they are wasteful and failing our kids. But having policy that restricts bad food from being sold or part of public provided lunches is well within their purview. I draw the line at a parent not being allowed to send a soda or candy etc inside a kids lunch from home.

So they'll pay the fine.

And this from Feb:
A North Carolina grandmother is very upset after her granddaughter’s home-made lunch was taken away at school.
School officials said it wasn't nutritious enough.
The girl’s original lunch consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich on white wheat bread, potato chips, a banana and apple juice.
The assistant superintendent of the school system says he agrees that the lunch was healthy, but he says it was missing milk, a key part of what is considered to be a healthy meal under state guidelines.

Read more: Student's lunch taken away for not being nutritious enough

What if these fines aren't paid? Will Big Brother arrest and imprison these school officials?

Maybe they'll classify these school officials as 'Terrorists' and have them locked up for good? It's all for the children after all.

So they'll pay the fine.

And this from Feb:
A North Carolina grandmother is very upset after her granddaughter’s home-made lunch was taken away at school.
School officials said it wasn't nutritious enough.
The girl’s original lunch consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich on white wheat bread, potato chips, a banana and apple juice.
The assistant superintendent of the school system says he agrees that the lunch was healthy, but he says it was missing milk, a key part of what is considered to be a healthy meal under state guidelines.

Read more: Student's lunch taken away for not being nutritious enough

helen-lovejoy.jpg

Let me get this straight....

You are pro bad nutrition?

Let me get this straight, since you don't want gov't to force children to get on a treadmill you're pro kids being fat?

We need to have government regulate fitness in every way, if you disagree, you're immoral and hate children.

Forum List

Back