I'm really proud of the republican congressman of our district!

That sound you hear is the TEA party priming their sights. Those five republicans who voted with the Democrats are on borrowed time I'm afraid.

I don't know. The Tea Party hasn't exactly impressed people here in Nevada. I went to a couple of ACTUAL tea parties (okay, I had a beer) to see if they were as whacky as the press portrayed and they weren't. Nice people. used to have only one agenda: fiscal responsibility. Then they gave us Sharon Angle. I think she was even more stupid than that "witch" gal back East. After being on local tv for a couple months, her stupidity went national. No thanks.
Then the Tea Party was co-opted. Fiscal responsibility is nice but apparently so is lobbying for telecoms and Gasp! Accepting money from lobbyists who work for the very banks they whined about bailing out.
So much for their credibility. At least here in Nevada, anyway. The curtain has been pulled back.

The Ryan budget was a joke. I like this guy Heller and his Democrat opponents are a couple of idiots. I'm pretty confident he'll be re-elected.

Last edited:

Not everyone agrees on how to fix the Nation's severe fiscal problems, obviously.

That is why we have representatives to hash it out.

But with the Senate refusing to engage in the give-and-take process, it is all rather pointless.

you're absolutely right! It's a shame the GOP won't work with the Dems to fix the problems that the GOP has created!

j/k ;) I think both parties are just plain off the reservation. But I like this congressman.

That sound you hear is the TEA party priming their sights. Those five republicans who voted with the Democrats are on borrowed time I'm afraid.

Surprised he did that before the primary. Does he have any TP opposition? He may have realized it's too late for them to get anything together.

Not everyone agrees on how to fix the Nation's severe fiscal problems, obviously.

That is why we have representatives to hash it out.

But with the Senate refusing to engage in the give-and-take process, it is all rather pointless.

you're absolutely right! It's a shame the GOP won't work with the Dems to fix the problems that the GOP has created!

j/k ;) I think both parties are just plain off the reservation. But I like this congressman.

Bend over and grab your ankles does not = working with the Dems.

Surprised he did that before the primary. Does he have any TP opposition? He may have realized it's too late for them to get anything together.

After the debacle known as Sharon Angle, the contributions from the Bailout Banks to Tea Party congressmen being accepted and publicized - although not much was made of it in the MSM, it was a story here - Michele Whackmann etc.... they've pretty much lost their teeth here.
What was once a grass roots group that was all about fiscal responsibility, has been co-opted in a big way. I don't know about where you are but they have about zero credibility here, anymore.
The Libertarians are probably the only 3rd party with a real presence and credibility in Nevada, nowadays. I may disagree with a lot of their views but at least they're consistent.

It's a moot point. To listen to the whining you would think Barry Hussein and Harry Reid were also republicans. Republicans have a majority in only 1/3 of the legislative branch and medicare is broke. Do-nothing democrats stand in the sidelines and pretend they are bystanders instead of doing something about it. No surprises.

It's a moot point. To listen to the whining you would think Barry Hussein and Harry Reid were also republicans. Republicans have a majority in only 1/3 of the legislative branch and medicare is broke. Do-nothing democrats stand in the sidelines and pretend they are bystanders instead of doing something about it. No surprises.

So then everything is the Dems fault?

I like this move too.

Funny how some folks think this could hurt him in his GOP primary. Are you suggesting Republicans are required to toe the party line everytime or risk retribution?

But I do think this guy is in trouble with the party. When even Republicans start blowing the whistle on the GOP's dog and pony show... well ... that can't make the bosses happy. Be interesting to follow

I like this move too.

Funny how some folks think this could hurt him in his GOP primary. Are you suggesting Republicans are required to toe the party line everytime or risk retribution?

But I do think this guy is in trouble with the party. When even Republicans start blowing the whistle on the GOP's dog and pony show... well ... that can't make the bosses happy. Be interesting to follow

to the part in bold... er... yes.

it won't just "hurt him in the primary. it will cause him to get primaried.

I like this move too.

Call me a dreamer, but I want to see the day when the courage to stand up to party pressure (either party) is rewarded by voters.

I like this move too.

Call me a dreamer, but I want to see the day when the courage to stand up to party pressure (either party) is rewarded by voters.

it would be nice. i don't see huge evidence of it.

i suppose hope springs eternal.

Why is it necessary for the GOP to always work with the Dems?? Why can't the Dems work with the GOP??

For too long the GOP has been spineless, they won't stand up to Dems. I'm hoping we get some newer blood on the GOP side. We've been kow towing to them for much too long.

Now Mitt won't let his superpac go after Obama personally even after they attack his wife, sons and him. He better stand up to Obama's superpacs or he doesn't have a chance.

Why is it necessary for the GOP to always work with the Dems?? Why can't the Dems work with the GOP??

For too long the GOP has been spineless, they won't stand up to Dems. I'm hoping we get some newer blood on the GOP side. We've been kow towing to them for much too long.

Now Mitt won't let his superpac go after Obama personally even after they attack his wife, sons and him. He better stand up to Obama's superpacs or he doesn't have a chance.

Your certainly welcome to your interpretation, but I see things very differently.

IMHO There is far more evidence to support the conclusion that Republicans haven't been interested in working with anyone else for quite some time. They have been pursuing a strategy of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming NO NO NO repeatedly until they get 100% of what they ask for.

And I saw the anti-Santorum ads Romney ran in Tennessee and Georgia. It was some of the slimiest campaigning I've ever seen.

I guess one defense is to accuse your opponent of what you are doing ... then maybe folks will give you a pass and just call it a draw.

I saw plenty of overtures from the Obama administration to include Republicans in crafting policy. Only to have the Republicans rebuff those efforts. When you invite a guy to dinner several times and he slaps you in the face everytime .... sooner or later you stop asking.

Last edited:

Your certainly welcome to your interpretation, but I see things very differently.

IMHO There is far more evidence to support the conclusion that Republicans haven't been interested in working with anyone else for quite some time. They have been pursuing a strategy of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming NO NO NO repeatedly until they get 100% of what they ask for.

And I saw the anti-Santorum ads Romney ran in Tennessee and Georgia. It was some of the slimiest campaigning I've ever seen.

I guess one defense is to accuse your opponent of what you are doing ... then maybe folks will give you a pass and just call it a draw.

I saw plenty of overtures from the Obama administration to include Republicans in crafting policy. Only to have the Republicans rebuff those efforts. When you invite a guy to dinner several times and he slaps you in the face everytime .... sooner or later you stop asking.

You seem to be an Independent - which means you'll be labeled a Liberal DNC shill by the extreme whackjobs on the Right here. No worries, there are actually some Conservatives who a pretty civil and even offer good discussions and debate.

I agree with you. Obama offered the GOP a seat at the table from day 1. They pissed all over him for it and have been playing the vitims and pointing their fingers ever since.
However, since they proved so completely unwilling to compromise for the first year and a half or so, Obama said fug 'em and started working around them when he could. I don't blame him.
Of course they're still pulling BS like this debt ceiling thing again and then claiming it's the Dems who won't compromise. Unreal.

Forum List

Back