Biden's 'bodyman' QUITS: First staffer to see president in the morning set to join West Wing exodus by leaving White House this week

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Joe Biden's 'bodyman,' Stephen Goepfert, is set to leave the White House at the end of the week.

CNN reported Tuesday that Goepfert will depart the West Wing for a position in the Transportation Department.

Goepfert, who was the first out gay man to hold the role of personal aide to a president, has worked for Biden as a 'bodyman' since his 2020 presidential campaign, and before that, in the Obama White House.

As the president's 'bodyman,' Goepfert is often the first and last staffer Biden sees every day.

And while not wholly a public figure, he's often caught on camera placing remarks on the podium before Biden delivers a speech, or passing the president a note.

'From the campaign to the White House, Stephen Goepfert has been by my side,' the president said in a statement to CNN.

'In moments big, small, and extraordinary, he's been a trusted and loyal confidant who everyone counts on and who always delivers,' the president continued.

'Jill and I will miss Stephen, but we're proud that he will continue to serve the American people in his new role in the Biden-Harris administration as he continues his career in public service,' Biden added.

CNN reported that Goepfert's replacement will be Jacob Spreyer, currently the official White House receptionist.

Goepfert entered the Obama administration as a deputy director in the Office of Presidential Correspondence.

He caught the attention of Steve Ricchetti, who currently serves as Biden's counselor to the president.

Then, Ricchetti was serving as Vice President Joe Biden's chief of staff and brought Goepfert over to serve as a senior adviser.

During the 2020 campaign, Goepfert's name came up when Biden's personal aide quit.

'You're literally at the border of where the president's privacy and public duties sit,' Ricchetti told CNN. 'Stephen has had the ability and the willingness to help the president navigate everything he did throughout the day. That ends up being a critical role.'

I guess he will have to be rooted out of the .gov when a gop administration takes over.

Joe Biden's 'bodyman,' Stephen Goepfert, is set to leave the White House at the end of the week.

CNN reported Tuesday that Goepfert will depart the West Wing for a position in the Transportation Department.

Goepfert, who was the first out gay man to hold the role of personal aide to a president, has worked for Biden as a 'bodyman' since his 2020 presidential campaign, and before that, in the Obama White House.

As the president's 'bodyman,' Goepfert is often the first and last staffer Biden sees every day.

And while not wholly a public figure, he's often caught on camera placing remarks on the podium before Biden delivers a speech, or passing the president a note.

'From the campaign to the White House, Stephen Goepfert has been by my side,' the president said in a statement to CNN.

'In moments big, small, and extraordinary, he's been a trusted and loyal confidant who everyone counts on and who always delivers,' the president continued.

'Jill and I will miss Stephen, but we're proud that he will continue to serve the American people in his new role in the Biden-Harris administration as he continues his career in public service,' Biden added.

CNN reported that Goepfert's replacement will be Jacob Spreyer, currently the official White House receptionist.

Goepfert entered the Obama administration as a deputy director in the Office of Presidential Correspondence.

He caught the attention of Steve Ricchetti, who currently serves as Biden's counselor to the president.

Then, Ricchetti was serving as Vice President Joe Biden's chief of staff and brought Goepfert over to serve as a senior adviser.

During the 2020 campaign, Goepfert's name came up when Biden's personal aide quit.

'You're literally at the border of where the president's privacy and public duties sit,' Ricchetti told CNN. 'Stephen has had the ability and the willingness to help the president navigate everything he did throughout the day. That ends up being a critical role.'

I guess he will have to be rooted out of the .gov when a gop administration takes over.
No more dirty diapers and hash marks in skivvies to deal with.

It could be he likes Biden, but can't stomach seeing him decline to the point of babbling more and more, and has feelings that his family should put a time-out on his job because he is incompetent, vaguely understandable on his best days and embarrassing at times when he babbles a lot.

Isn't that the guy who was desperately trying to show Joe where the entrance to the Whitehouse was when he went aimlessly wandering around the lawn in a complete stupor?

Was the stench of decomposition getting to him or is it that he no longer needs to work in government now that his student loans get paid off this week? Enquiring minds want to know...

Forum List

Back