Biden won debate but Palin exceeded expectations

I guess with all the practice you have had in the last 8 years, it is easy to talk yourself into believing all is rosey and well. You know, we are a bunch of "whiners" because the economy was strong. That statement was made by McCain's former economic adviser oh...700 Million Dollars ago, eh?

I guess with all the practice you have had in the last 8 years, it is easy to talk yourself into believing all is rosey and well. You know, we are a bunch of "whiners" because the economy was strong. That statement was made by McCain's former economic adviser oh...700 Million Dollars ago, eh?

yea, just like Barney Franenstein told us thing at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were all hunky dory.

Last edited:
You have a link to this poll? I have heard conflicting statements. Some say it was close, some say it was overwhelming and others say that Biden won. I would like to be able to judge for myself. Anyone have the link? I looked and could not find it.
I just looked as well and couldn't find it. I'm going on memory, since I continued to watch after the debate last night and had a second martini as a little victory celebration, and turned off FNC after midnight, and their poll at that time was something like 84% Plain. It was a huge margin. But again, that's obviously slanted and not at all scientific.

As I've said earlier, the best indicator that I saw was from Frank Luntz, who had a group or 20 or so undecides, half leaning D, half R, first thing right after the debate before the spin machines did their thing, and the first question that he asked them was "who won?", and they were overwhelmingly for Palin.

I just looked as well and couldn't find it. I'm going on memory, since I continued to watch after the debate last night and had a second martini as a little victory celebration, and turned off FNC after midnight, and their poll at that time was something like 84% Plain. It was a huge margin. But again, that's obviously slanted and not at all scientific.

As I've said earlier, the best indicator that I saw was from Frank Luntz, who had a group or 20 or so undecides, half leaning D, half R, first thing right after the debate before the spin machines did their thing, and the first question that he asked them was "who won?", and they were overwhelmingly for Palin.

I just went over to search for it. It looks like it may still be open.

Look under interactive tools.
Home - FOXNews.com Elections

I think Biden took this one home. As for Palin, she was better rehersed in her script that she was given to read. Biden was long-winded, and Palin was a rambling mess! Overall Biden just edged her out.:eusa_whistle:

Where do you think the results were? You misrepresent the results and you complain that I found the correct one? lol.. too funny:cuckoo:
Where did I misrepresent the results? What you found was a picture from a blog. Not even the blog, but a picture of one. I'm going by memory. Prove me wrong, babe. Here's your chance to score a point. :razz:

Having become fodder for late night monologues and inspiring mockery and disdain from the Left and its media mavens, America held its breath as the hockey mom-cum-Governor-cum-would-be-vice president walked on to the stage last night.

Was she the female embodiment of conservative intellectual substance and probity as so many on the Right earnestly hoped? Or was she nothing more than a highly attractive, but ultimately vacuous trophy candidate able to deliver only prescripted remarks and speeches as the Left insisted?

To the chagrin of her detractors, the delight of her supporters and the reassurance of the weak of faith, the hockey mom took out her goalie stick and ably deflected repeated shots on goal fired at her from both the debate moderator, Gwen Ifill and her Democratic opponent, Senator Joe Biden of Delaware.

Going from the political equivalent of the regional farm team to starting in the Stanley Cup Finals in little over a month, Palin acquitted herself with an acuity and agility that belied the lingering impressions of her previous limited forays onto the thin ice with the bruising media. In the process of delivering smiling body checks on her opponent, Palin left no doubt that should the Republican team not win the title, it would not be for lack of commitment, heart or effort on her part.

How can having zero knowledge about any important subject..other than hockey moms...and being a hillbilly... be exceeding expectations?

She learn the names of the Pakistan and North Korean leaders last week...is that sufficient qualification for being an elderly midget heartbeat away from running your country?

What did you expect to happen? It was an utter train crash... americans must have very low standards..if that was acceptable.

How can having zero knowledge about any important subject..other than hockey moms...and being a hillbilly... be exceeding expectations?

She learn the names of the Pakistan and North Korean leaders last week...is that sufficient qualification for being an elderly midget heartbeat away from running your country?

What did you expect to happen? It was an utter train crash... americans must have very low standards..if that was acceptable.

Your partially right on Palin. But if you see Winston Churchill, you can tell him to "kiss my ass!":eusa_whistle:

10/08/2008

If Sarah Palin had made just one of the wildly inaccurate statements smugly uttered by Sen. Joe Biden in last week's vice presidential debate, there would have been 3-inch headlines in newspapers across America. (I can almost hear Katie Couric asking me, "Which newspapers?")

These weren't insignificant errors...

For example, Biden said about Hezbollah: "When we kicked -- along with France -- we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon." Hezbollah was never kicked out of Lebanon.

He continued: "I said and Barack said, 'Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't, Hezbollah will control it.'" This is madness -- Lebanon is not a NATO country, nor had any NATO country been attacked by Lebanon.

Biden also stoutly denied that Obama ever said he would sit down with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. .... there are clips all over the Internet of Obama saying exactly that during the CNN/YouTube debate last year.

Biden might have remembered that debate since: (1) He was there, and (2) he later attacked Obama's answer, telling the National Press Club in August 2007: "Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was elected president? Absolutely, positively, no."

And that's still not all! Obama's own Web site says: "Obama supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions."

Biden also gave a long speech at the debate on vice president Dick Cheney's "dangerous" belief that "he's part of the legislative branch." The great constitutional scholar Biden cited Article I of the Constitution as proof that Cheney "works in the executive branch" and has "no authority relative to the Congress." Biden huffily added: "He should understand that. Everyone should understand that."

Article II, not I, describes the executive branch. Someone tell Biden, who is supposed to be a lawyer. Apart from getting the Articles of the Constitution mixed up, what on earth does Biden mean when he says that the vice president "has no authority relative to Congress," apart from breaking ties?

The Constitution makes him president of the senate every day of the week. I realize that Biden may not be able to count to two, but Article I says the vice president is president of one of the two houses of Congress -- the one Biden is in, for crying out loud -- which is what you might call "authority relative to Congress."

In one especially hallucinatory answer, Biden authoritatively stated: "With Afghanistan, facts matter, Gwen. ... We spend more money in three weeks on combat in Iraq than we spent on the entirety of the last seven years that we have been in Afghanistan building that country."

According to the Congressional Research Service, since 9/11, we've spent $172 billion in Afghanistan and $653 billion in Iraq. The most money spent in Iraq came in 2008, when we have been spending less than $3 billion a week. So by Biden's calculations, we've spent only about $9 billion "on the entirety of the last seven years that we have been in Afghanistan building that country." There isn't even a "9" in $172 billion.

In the same answer, Biden went on to claim that "John McCain voted against a comprehensive nuclear test ban treaty that every Republican has supported."

The last nuclear test ban treaty the Senate voted on was the one Clinton signed in the '90s. As The New York Times editorialized on the Senate vote a few years later: "Last week, Senate Republicans thundered 'no' to the nuclear test ban treaty, handing the White House its biggest defeat since health care in 1994." Forty-nine Republicans voted against the treaty; only four liberal Republicans voted for it. That's the treaty Biden says "every Republican has supported."

Pull The Hair Plug On This Guy - HUMAN EVENTS

Having become fodder for late night monologues and inspiring mockery and disdain from the Left and its media mavens, America held its breath as the hockey mom-cum-Governor-cum-would-be-vice president walked on to the stage last night.

Was she the female embodiment of conservative intellectual substance and probity as so many on the Right earnestly hoped? Or was she nothing more than a highly attractive, but ultimately vacuous trophy candidate able to deliver only prescripted remarks and speeches as the Left insisted?

To the chagrin of her detractors, the delight of her supporters and the reassurance of the weak of faith, the hockey mom took out her goalie stick and ably deflected repeated shots on goal fired at her from both the debate moderator, Gwen Ifill and her Democratic opponent, Senator Joe Biden of Delaware.

Going from the political equivalent of the regional farm team to starting in the Stanley Cup Finals in little over a month, Palin acquitted herself with an acuity and agility that belied the lingering impressions of her previous limited forays onto the thin ice with the bruising media. In the process of delivering smiling body checks on her opponent, Palin left no doubt that should the Republican team not win the title, it would not be for lack of commitment, heart or effort on her part.

If you think that this was a performance of substance... it says all that we need to know about you.

Since your sig is a lie- who cares what you say otherwise?

Ah..but it isnt a lie is it?

There is ONLY one way to measure national contribution to developing nations...and that is %GDP.

There is no other measurement.

And guess what? The US at 0.16% is last ... and it is light years from the Millennium goals agreed target of 0.7% (but i am guessing you dont even know what the Millennium goals are).

Now why do you think that Millennium goals set a target of 0.7% GDP and not say a random $10 billion dollars each??

LMAO ..this is too easy.

Forum List

Back