Joe Biden's 14 Lies

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

Link here

Last edited:
Oh wait... I found it... garbage posted by another bushbot... is this part of what Rove is circulating to the kool aid drinkers?

14 Joe Biden Debate lies - talk.politics.misc | Google Groups

And if you're going to repost spin posted by some other blogger, perhaps you should be prepared for:

Palin claimed that McCain's health care plan would be "budget-neutral," costing the government nothing.

Palin: He's proposing a $5,000 tax credit for families so that they can get out there and they can purchase their own health care coverage. That's a smart thing to do. That's budget neutral. That doesn't cost the government anything ... a $5,000 health care credit through our income tax, that's budget neutral.

The McCain campaign hasn't released an estimate of how much the plan would cost, but independent experts contradict Palin's claim of a cost-free program.

The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center estimates that McCain's plan, which at its peak would cover 5 million of the uninsured, would increase the deficit by $1.3 trillion over 10 years. Obama's plan, which would cover 34 million of the uninsured, would cost $1.6 trillion over that time period.

The nonpartisan U.S. Budget Watch's fiscal voter guide estimates that McCain's tax credit would increase the deficit by somewhere between $288 billion to $364 billion by the year 2013, and that making employer health benefits taxable would bring in between $201 billion to $274 billion in revenue. That nets out to a shortfall of somewhere between $14 billion to $163 billion – for that year alone.

Palin also said that Obama’s plan would be "universal government run" health care and that health care would be "taken over by the feds." That's not the case at all. As we’ve said before, Obama’s plan would not replace or remove private insurance, or require people to enroll in a public plan. It would increase the offerings of publicly funded health care.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate

Man, your spam is so boring.

I actually read FactCheck. According to them, every time Biden made the claim, "So did McCain," to defend a point made by Palin, Biden was lying. Also, they mentioned nothing about the comments Biden made during the primary debates, which Palin said Biden flip flopped on after he became VP. But, I know Biden said those things, so he lied about those, too.

In the end, it looks like Biden was the one telling the lies in this debate. Palin told a few, but no whoppers. She didn't accuse Obama of doing something he didn't, she only overstated a few of his proposals - such as the increasing taxes on "millions of small businesses" when it only affects a few hundred thousand, and his vote to "raise taxes on 'families' making $42,000 a year" instead of individuals. Minor gaffes compared to the whoppers Biden made about McCain.

Hey! You Liberals said "Slow Joe" was gonna' mop the floor with Sarah last night. And to think I trusted you.

Liars everyone of you! :mad:

I would've thought that Biden would use 13 lies in honor of Halloween month. Maybe he decided to use 13 lies with 1 to grow on.

Don't all politicians say misleading things? IMO to say someone lied is a strong statement and should be wisely used.

I actually read FactCheck. According to them, every time Biden made the claim, "So did McCain," to defend a point made by Palin, Biden was lying. Also, they mentioned nothing about the comments Biden made during the primary debates, which Palin said Biden flip flopped on after he became VP. But, I know Biden said those things, so he lied about those, too.

In the end, it looks like Biden was the one telling the lies in this debate. Palin told a few, but no whoppers. She didn't accuse Obama of doing something he didn't, she only overstated a few of his proposals - such as the increasing taxes on "millions of small businesses" when it only affects a few hundred thousand, and his vote to "raise taxes on 'families' making $42,000 a year" instead of individuals. Minor gaffes compared to the whoppers Biden made about McCain.

jillian - all of a sudden disappeared.... :lol::lol::lol: Typical liberal.

Shit.. don't kid yourself. It's not not much that he didn't mop the floor with her... It's you sucker trying to believe that her ride on a bike without training wheels is as impressive as Biden's wheely on the harley.

Shit.. don't kid yourself. It's not not much that he didn't mop the floor with her... It's you sucker trying to believe that her ride on a bike without training wheels is as impressive as Biden's wheely on the harley.
Biden sounded like he'd taken a few spills on his bike without his helmet.
"I was at the local gas station the other day fuelin' up my Harley then me and my buds took a trip to the local Home Depot then... blah blah blah". The man exagerates like Algore.

Biden sounded like he'd taken a few spills on his bike without his helmet.
"I was at the local gas station the other day fuelin' up my Harley then me and my buds took a trip to the local Home Depot then... blah blah blah". The man exagerates like Algore.

*yawn*

sure, dude.. tell me about exaggerations while I look out my back yard for signs of Russia invading....

:lol:

He lied all over the place,but then everyone expected him to. He doesn't even try to hide it.

Forum List

Back