Biden Warns Union Crowd: GOP Gunning "For Your Future"

648e0c3c2600005d00e97689.jpeg

President Joe Biden speaks during a political rally in Philadelphia on Saturday, June 17, 2023

Joe Biden warned that the Republicans seeking to defeat him are "coming for your jobs.”

PHILADELPHIA — Speaking on Saturday to more than a thousand union members in his first campaign rally of the 2024 election cycle, President Joe Biden celebrated the work that he’s done to create union jobs and warned union members about the dangers of him not winning a second term.

After walking onstage to Whitney Houston’s rendition of “Higher Love,” Biden waxed lyrical about his kinship with labor unions, noting that wife Jill Biden, a teacher, is a member of the National Education Association and grew up in the Philadelphia area.

“It feels good to be home,” he said.

“A lot of politicians in this country can’t say the word ‘union.’ I’m not one of them. I’m proud to say the word. I’m proud to be the most pro-union president in American history,” Biden said, prompting chants of “four more years.”

“They’re coming for your jobs,” he said toward the end of his remarks. “They’re coming for your future. They’re coming for the future ability of your kids and grandkids,” he added.

“We’ve got a fight on our hands,” Biden continued. “And my question to you is simple: Are you with me in this fight?”
The audience cheered in affirmation.

More at the link below...

I totally agree with President Biden about his strong support for unions! I still don't understand why Republicans hate unions so much. What do you think?

Look at your spectacular reaction history.

One person in SEVEN actually agrees with you!

Brilliant!

Biden is the most aggressive pro-union president since FDR. Thank you President Biden!
If that collapsed overpass is fixed quickly, that is the exception and not the rule. It will be totally for political purposes. You can ask endless people living in that region and in many similar regions what the truth is. Jokes are numerous on the corrupted unions that inhibit growth in real terms. And I would work for them also. Good living.

Unions built America and they support the democrats.
Republicans stand for the wealthy and powerful, and take billions in campaign donations from the wealthy powerful deep state that is at war with the unions.
I have been a union member and management in a union shop. I think in the work place the union is a wash. It might help sometimes other times not at all. What I do think is the unions of the 40-60's created the middle class, wages and profits rose and the country did great. Since the 70's profits have continued to increase and wages have become stagnant. I think that is why we have the homeless situation.

I have been a union member and management in a union shop. I think in the work place the union is a wash. It might help sometimes other times not at all. What I do think is the unions of the 40-60's created the middle class, wages and profits rose and the country did great. Since the 70's profits have continued to increase and wages have become stagnant. I think that is why we have the homeless situation.
yea also corporate taxes have declined. The past few years have been the first time wages have had a real uptick and I think it is due to raising the minimum wage.
Most companies have more money now than ever before.

That has nothing to do with my post cat litter.
Lets say you have a bunch of union cabinet makers on a job sight.
They aren't allowed to change a fucken light bulb unless it's done by a union electrician.

Union cabinet makers are contracted to do a specific job.

Union electricians are contracted to do a specific job.

Why the fuck would union electricians want union cabinet makers doing their job? Who is responsible if the union cabinet maker fucks up changing the light bulb? Union electricians are now responsible for that fuck up because that is the work they were hired to do.

That you think thats a good thing tells me you're a moron.

It is a good thing to only do the work you are accountable for.

Then of course there was an incident with union workers drinking and smoking weed on the job and no one got fired.

Cherry picked incidents from a poorly run union does not define all union members.

My pride would never let me work for a union I want to be recognized for my skills not by a bunch of lazy fucks who cant get a raise on their own merit.

Workers want more pay. Cry me a river.

Why do you think cars are so fucken expensive these days?
I'll let you take a wild guess.
Because Americans want good pay and benefits.

yea also corporate taxes have declined. The past few years have been the first time wages have had a real uptick and I think it is due to raising the minimum wage.
Most companies have more money now than ever before.
The Republicans, if they still have a platform or any sort of plan to run the country, goal seems to have been unfettered capitalism for the last 40 or 50 years. That will swing back sometime I am sure. Unless they succeed in destroying democracy.

Union cabinet makers are contracted to do a specific job.

Union electricians are contracted to do a specific job.

Why the fuck would union electricians want union cabinet makers doing their job? Who is responsible if the union cabinet maker fucks up changing the light bulb? Union electricians are now responsible for that fuck up because that is the work they were hired to do.

It is a good thing to only do the work you are accountable for.

Cherry picked incidents from a poorly run union does not define all union members.

Workers want more pay. Cry me a river.

Because Americans want good pay and benefits.

I stopped reading after your first two comments.
That you think it's a good idea to have an electrician come out to change a light bulb tells me everything I need to know.
Even you could change a light bulb without calling an electrician.
That you cant see that thats going to drive up prices needlessly tells me you're a fucken idiot.

Greg Abbott Axes Water For Texas Construction Workers Amid 3-Digit Temperatures​

The new law severely hampers the ability of local governments to enact their own rules and regulations.

As his state faced a dangerous heat wave this week, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a broad new law that will nullify a wide range of local regulations, including mandated water breaks for construction workers, beginning Sept. 1, according to The Texas Tribune.

The new Republican-backed law strips the ability of local municipalities to enact certain regulations in favor of state authority, ostensibly to “provide statewide consistency.” It covers a wide range, including other worker protections, environmental protections, housing protections and more.

Critics dubbed it the “Death Star Bill.” The president of the NAACP’s Houston chapter, Bishop James Dixon, called it “a threat to civil rights and human rights,” according to local outlet KHOU11.

Among its supporters were several construction business associations.

Dallas and Austin currently require workers to be given at least 10 minutes to cool down and hydrate every four hours.

Greg Abbott Axes Water For Texas Construction Workers Amid 3-Digit Temperatures

Forum List

Back