Biden vs Palin Debate

Discussion in 'Congress' started by CA95380, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Sure he has. They all do but McCain is the master of it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Why, when debating can't people make arguements in favor of their candidate and the reasons behind their choices without deflecting the issue by say "well your guy did it to so there!"

It's pretty childish I'd say.

This issue we are discussing is Biden and Palin and the possible outcome of the Vice Presidential debate.

Biden could be cockholed by the fact that he doesn't want to be seen as beating up on the mother of five but he also needs to be prepared to hit on points that clearly demonstrate that in the event that something happens to McCain she's ill prepared (even more so than Obama) to be President of the free world. She has no global identity whereas Biden has served as Chairmen of the Senate Judiciary Committee and is a long time member and currently the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.

McCain has the right to question Obama's experience and how he thinks he's prepared to be President just as Biden has the right to question Palin on her experience and why she thinks she's ready to be President.

The sad truth is, in no other election has the choice of VP been more important, for both parties for the same reason, the real possibility that it will become necessary for the VP to step in at some time during the four year term.

McCain is 72 years old and hasn't always enjoyed the best health. The stress of a Presidency has tested even the strongest man's strength.

Obama, as much as some people might deny it or think it's not a reality is in fact at more risk for attempts on his life by extremist groups who do not want to see a miniority in office.

Both Biden AND Palin need to be ready to lead from day one and that is an issue that needs to be addressed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Well said! :eusa_clap:

4. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,279
    I'm not going to worry about the what-ifs. I'm going to worry about the two candidates we're voting for: McCain and Obama. McCain has the experience.

5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    McCain is losing it.

His handlers won't even let him talk to the press anymore.

Look for some senior moments on the campaign trail.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    McCain will also keep us on the same path we're on right now. We've experienced Bush's policies, can we really afford four more years of failure?

Obama, while certainly lacking the experience McCain has, certainly has the vision and the intelligence to surround himself with the best and the brightest people to assist him in making decisions that are best for our nation.

McCain has put someone with even less experience than Obama in the position of possibly being Leader of the Free World, a world who has no freakin clue who the hell she is.

So while I agree the first person on the ticket is important, so is the second...if it weren't why would people wait to decide who to vote for after the VP picks? It goes to the judgement and decision making process of the main candidate.

7. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,279
    You think you chose a reformist whistleblower so he could keep up with the status quo?

8. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,603
    i see the problem here....people dont realize what a true debate is....

its not a dog fight. that pit will rip the hide off the cutie.....as a doberman owner....its always killer ...who does in fluffy.

9. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    ROTF!!!

Laura Bush Makes the Case For Sarah Palin

...a little awkwardly.

From a joint Laura Bush-Cindy McCain appearance before the Louisiana delegation about an hour ago:

The other experience she brings that I think is very, very important is that she was a mayor. When you're a mayor, your constituents live next door. They're not [inaudible] a long way away. You don't get out of touch, like they always act like the president does. Although I have to say I don't think President Bush is out of touch. [loud applause].

Laura Bush Makes the Case For Sarah Palin - The Stump

10. Glori.B

Glori.B Born Free

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    exactly...i like the message of reform.