McCain , Palin Ticket, the right choice to defeat Democrats in November.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
The McCain campaign choice of Sarah Palin, is just what the Republican Presidential candidate needed. This will make Sen. McCain a viable choice
when compared to Barack Obama, and Sen. Joe Biden.

Gov. Palin liftime membership with the NRA, will diminish the fears of Ameircan
Gun owners, and women will feel included in the political process once again.
Obama now finds himself on defense, now that many Sen. Hillary Clinton supporters have a new choice in a Presidential candidate.

This is a spectacular Chess move in the game of Presidential politics by the
McCain campaign team.!

The McCain campaign choice of Sarah Palin, is just what the Republican Presidential candidate needed. This will make Sen. McCain a viable choice

Obama now finds himself on defense, now that many Sen. Hillary Clinton supporters have a new choice in a Presidential candidate.

McCain campaign team.!

Don't worry, McCain just pulled out the desperation card with his VP pick. It looks like Sheryl Crow will be playing in the White House in Jan 09':eusa_whistle:

Hmmmmn .....
"Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" was a phrase spoken by American Democratic vice-presidential candidate Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Republican vice-presidential candidate Senator Dan Quayle during the 1988 vice-presidential debate. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know Hillary Clinton, and Sarah Palin is no Hillary Clinton," Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in a phone interview with NBC. Palin Pick Leaves Bruised Feelings | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

As the election draws closer, and closer ... I am sure Gov. Palin will hear this many times. And it's true! :lol:

I have mixed feelings on Palin being the VP running mate for McCain. For one thing I feel like she is by far one of the better governors that my home state of Alaska has ever had. I don't say this lightly considering my ultra-leftist political beliefs but I am very impressed with the way she handled several issues that are important to my state.

On gay rights the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that same sex couples are entitled to each other’s benefits in state jobs. During this time period there was much resistance by Republicans in the State Legislature and many wanted to intervene with the ruling of the Supreme Court but Palin would have none of it and kept her party in line by not allowing the legislature to go outside of their bounds under the Alaska constitution. Palin is by no means pro gay marriage but she does seem to know the boundaries of the branches of government and respects them. IMO she kicked her own party's ass and gained a few bonus points in my mind.

In terms of corruption and ethics she has been very forthcoming in reforming our state and did not let the bounds of her own party get in the way. She is a refreshing reformed in a lot of ways and I am glad that of all the Republicans that we ended up with her rather than some aged typical Republican that I wouldn't even bother to say anything good about.

However, as of late my opinion of her in the past six months has gone down a little bit. The honey moon period of her governorship is over and where she falls on environmental issues is becoming very clear. She is pro development of the Pebble Mine which is to be come the largest open air mine pit in North America which will have untold impact on Alaska's largest salmon run which is also vital to our state's economy. Others here have mentioned concern over the aerial wolf hunt and I too am deeply concerned about this. Those of us who care about wild life worked our asses off gathering signatures to get a ballot measure on the primary ballot that would have banned the wolf hunt but, alas just this past Tuesday the ballot initiative failed.

Like I said earlier I very much have mixed feelings about this. I am not a huge Palin fan but as far as I am concerned assuming she wins with McCain then, us here in Alaska could be left in worse shape than we are in now with her as our Governor. I know a lot of people here think she still has so much she can do for us and that some are sad and feel in a way that she is being taken away from us. I am still very much in the Nader camp but 6 months ago Palin may have swayed me to vote Republican. But as far as I am concerned after all of Obama’s rhetoric about change it could be a northern wind that brings fresh air to D.C.; Obama and Biden are the D.C insiders and I can only hope that Palin goes in, kicks ass and cleans house!!

McCain campaign team.!

One thing is for sure with this pick. Obama is going to get bashed on the BAIPA issue...big time now! I can't wait!! :eusa_clap:

Hillary supporters I hope are not fooled by brand X. This woman is not Hillary. THe women will not vote for this. It is just McCain grasping at straws. She will help him go nowhere but to one of his houses come Nov. 5th.

Like I said earlier I very much have mixed feelings about this. I am not a huge Palin fan but as far as I am concerned assuming she wins with McCain then, us here in Alaska could be left in worse shape than we are in now with her as our Governor. I know a lot of people here think she still has so much she can do for us and that some are sad and feel in a way that she is being taken away from us.

I agree with this point, for sure.

This is why I had counted Palin out of the VP shortlist. She sounded like she didn't want the job, and she stays very dedicated to the state of Alaska. I really thought she would want to stay there and continue the reform and progress she started.

Maybe she feels she can better serve Alaska from the VP spot, but who knows?

I can write my own material too. I just have to post it multiple times so dimwits can learn to read it.:eusa_whistle:

You shouldnt be so hard on yourself. You'll learn to read someday. And write too hopefully. Then you wont have to cut and paste anymore.

it is true. Gov. Palin has alot more leadership experience than Clinton did.

Let me ask you this McCain is 72. If he dies in office which he could. Is this the first choice you would have for his replacement. Do you want this person a heart beat away from the big chair. Don't give me some pre packaged idea of what you think you should say. Is this who you want a heart beat away?

Let me ask you this McCain is 72. If he dies in office which he could. Is this the first choice you would have for his replacement. Do you want this person a heart beat away from the big chair. Don't give me some pre packaged idea of what you think you should say. Is this who you want a heart beat away?

I give you a solid, resounding YES. She reminds me of Ronald Reagan, and that scares the HELL otta the liberals.

I give you a solid, resounding YES. She reminds me of Ronald Reagan, and that scares the HELL otta the liberals.

Right. I'm scared!:rofl:

Attachments

• $340x.jpg
    $340x.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 82

No, she's not my first choice. BUT, she's a good one. I wouldn't mind if she were President, really.

I agree with Pale Rider. She's definitely got a lot of Reagan's ideals in her.

No, she's not my first choice. BUT, she's a good one. I wouldn't mind if she were President, really.

I agree with Pale Rider. She's definitely got a lot of Reagan's ideals in her.

On a positive note, I think she is pretty and I would probably hit on her! Too bad she is so inexperienced to lead a nation in the time of global turmoil and economic uncertainy. :eusa_whistle:

On a positive note, I think she is pretty and I would probably hit on her! Too bad she is so inexperienced to lead a nation in the time of global turmoil and economic uncertainy. :eusa_whistle:
yes, keep harping on the experience thing
its sure to be a big issue in 2 months
;)

Forum List

Back