Biden insists massive government spending will reduce inflation

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Biden said Monday that Congress needs to pass his sweeping economic agenda in order to tamp down rising inflation amid concerns that another burst of government spending will act as an accelerant to already rapidly rising consumer prices.

May need one of you genius libbys to help explain this one.

Biden insists massive government spending will tamp down inflation

1627333796494.png

At least I'll have something to wipe with without going to the store to buy high priced toilet paper.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

He says "If we pass these 2 other things"........what are the two other things? I'd say it's dishonest to say that he is saying that more government spending will decrease spending without saying what these other programs are.

I don't pay much attention to what he says, so I don't know what these other 2 things are. Anyone else?

He says "If we pass these 2 other things"........what are the two other things? I'd say it's dishonest to say that he is saying that more government spending will decrease spending without saying what these other programs are.

I don't pay much attention to what he says, so I don't know what these other 2 things are. Anyone else?
What kind of government spending could ease inflation? Is there one?
Legit question

What kind of government spending could ease inflation? Is there one?
Legit question

He said "two programs'. You assumed they were spending. They might be but I'm not going to assume.

You can go ahead.

He said "two programs'. You assumed they were spending. They might be but I'm not going to assume.

You can go ahead.
2 programs, the $500 Billion+ bi-partisan infrastructure bill and the $3.5 TRILLION “every fucking stupid far left wing idea the morons-D can think of” faux-infrastructure bill.

You don’t have to assume because it’s right there in the article the OP linked.

Biden's comments come as Democrats begin to make headway on their two-pronged economic plans: A bipartisan infrastructure bill that includes more than $500 billion in new spending and a $3.5 trillion spending plan that would dramatically expand the government-funded safety net.”

Infrastructure spending, which can make the economy more efficient can reduce inflation.

2 programs, the $500 Billion+ bi-partisan infrastructure bill and the $3.5 TRILLION “every fucking stupid far left wing idea the morons-D can think of” faux-infrastructure bill.

You don’t have to assume because it’s right there in the article the OP linked.

Biden's comments come as Democrats begin to make headway on their two-pronged economic plans: A bipartisan infrastructure bill that includes more than $500 billion in new spending and a $3.5 trillion spending plan that would dramatically expand the government-funded safety net.”

They are talking about the infrastructure bill. He says "these other two programs".

Not if it's not paid for. Printing more money (debt) is only going to make it worse.
Have you ever heard the saying you have to spend money to make money?

you can't make an economy more efficient without spending money on the resources needed to do that. L

you can't make an economy more efficient without spending money on the resources needed to do that. L

1627340701815.png

If the only return I can expect is bankruptcy or barely able to remain solvent from the companies they give it to then I prefer to keep it in my wallet.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Infrastructure spending, which can make the economy more efficient can reduce inflation.

That may be true, although when only 5%-7% of the bill is actually for infrastructure that "can" quickly becomes a "shit-can".

We've been doing that for years. It's now catching up to us.

Free markets make the economy more efficient, government interference inhibits the markets ability to do that.

This is government trying to “fix” problems that it created in the first place using the same methods.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” — Albert Einstein

Forum List

Back