Biden Gives Federal Workers Largest Pay Raise In Over 40 Years

So, no agencies would be given a pass on this? The VA my wife works at is sitting at about 68% of the staffing goals for nurses.
VA nurses are severely underpaid. Just like nursing home workers. Talk about underpaid. So.e make like $17 per hour. That's pathetic.

VA nurses are severely underpaid. Just like nursing home workers. Talk about underpaid. So.e make like $17 per hour. That's pathetic.

Depends on the area, in this area the VA pays more than the local hospitals, there just are not enough nurses to go around, and more and more are leaving due to the shit they have to put up with

Biden signed an EO to give federal workers an average pay raise starting in January of 5.2%

This is after a 4.6% pay raise in 2023...

"Despite the fact that federal agencies are still operating without a full budget, Biden’s order cements the pay raise for 2024. Unless Congress quibbles with Biden’s figure in another CR or in the Financial Services and General Government bill, the pay raise defers to the President’s authority."

Most federal workers still work from home part time...

Meanwhile, social security recipients will get a 3.2% cost of living adjustment in 2024 while the costs of food, shelter and energy have skyrocketed.

Biden sure is good at spending other people's money. The bloated fed balloons further.

Are you stupid or just a lying fuck?
Most federal workers do not work from home, you fuckin clown and SS benefits were reduced by Ray-gun in the 80s and Bush in the first decade this century.

Of course you don't know any of this. Your propaganda media only tells you certain things.

Idiot

Are you stupid or just a lying fuck?
Most federal workers do not work from home, you fuckin clown and SS benefits were reduced by Ray-gun in the 80s and Bush in the first decade this century.

Of course you don't know any of this. Your propaganda media only tells you certain things.

Idiot
Some people just have it in for other middle class people as they believe some middle class workers cause problems. Getting a raise is so.ehow a bad thing. Wages ate too high, and on and on blah blah blah

So, no agencies would be given a pass on this? The VA my wife works at is sitting at about 68% of the staffing goals for nurses.

Nope, not if I was in charge. :)

But there would probably be some exceptions where there was dire need.

We ran out of money long ago. When I run short of funds, I cut back on my spending.

We need a balanced budget, where the fed can only deficit spend in dire emergency, like times of massive disaster on a scale of a Yellowstone eruption or massive global war which threatens the security of Americans.

Your wife probably works hard, but I bet she complains about some lazy colleagues who don't do their part. Time to trim the fat.

Regards,
Jim

Biden signed an EO to give federal workers an average pay raise starting in January of 5.2%

"Despite the fact that federal agencies are still operating without a full budget, Biden’s order cements the pay raise for 2024. Unless Congress quibbles with Biden’s figure in another CR or in the Financial Services and General Government bill, the pay raise defers to the President’s authority."

Meanwhile, social security recipients will get a 3.2% cost of living adjustment in 2024 while the costs of food, shelter and energy have skyrocketed.

Biden sure is good at spending other people's money. The bloated fed balloons further.
It’s easy to bash federal workers and use the worst abuses to define the entire workforce but many are unpolitical professionals including scientists, foreign policy experts etc who work hard to make systems run smoothly so we aren’t even aware of it. For example, the career civil service that collects and organizes data for briefings, does all the groundwork for an international event, makes sure that the political appointees do not commit any major faux pas, and that is just in the foreign service.

While I get that there are abuses in the system, I don’t think people realize that a) these are people like any people with a job to do and a family to feed, working all around the country and b) you are most likely a beneficiary of their work without even realizing it. In an era when Congress is incompetent and gridlocked and partisan, these people manage to keep things running in spite of it.

Teleworking, from an employers point of view, can often save money in maintenance or rental physical space, utilities, etc. for jobs that aren’t dependent on a physical presence. So…why bash that?

The other thing is that every tine they get an increase…people bitch. But their salary, particularly in upper level professional fields, is not competing with the private sector and in fact, the pay gap is widening.

In recent years, data comparing federal government and private sector compensation from the Bureau of Labor Statistics had indicated that the gap has slowly trended downward, with federal workers earning 22.47% less on average than private sector workers in similar jobs in 2021. But this year, the pay disparity spiked to 24.09%.

It’s easy to point to the abuses and waste in the system, and we all likely know of some examples. When I worked at NASA, 34 years ago, the director of our unit, a political appointee, was a complete buffoon who played video games on his computer during work. Being a political appointee, there wasn’t much you could do about it and it was thanks to the professionals under him, who were serious about their mission, that things got done.

The other thing many don’t realize is that many of the rules that make it hard to fire civil servants also means it is harder to fire people for political reasons and replace them with political people every time a new administration comes into power. Imagine the loss of expertise and institutional and project memory that would be lost and have to be rebuilt every four years? ( and btw, I don’t believe in the Deep State crap…it’s an excuse completely politicize the civil service).

All that doesn’t mean there aren’t issues to address, but they deserve a pay raise like any other professional and when you have such a pay gap, you struggle to attract good people. It shouldn’t be pitched as a Social Security vs Federal Workers issue either. Both need increases and it isn’t a zero sum equation.

Meanwhile qualified nurses and doctors wanting to immigrate can't due to Biden's FUBAR immigration visa backlogs.

Eligible foreign-trained nurses are not currently receiving their immigrant visas because unprecedented processing delays at U.S. embassies and consulates have resulted in a failure to issue immigrant visas. - American Hospital Assoc.

It was blamed on the covid at the time (2021) but has not got any better....In fact it's worse due to bureaucratic hurdles and delays.

Meanwhile qualified nurses and doctors wanting to immigrate can't due to Biden's FUBAR immigration visa backlogs.

Eligible foreign-trained nurses are not currently receiving their immigrant visas because unprecedented processing delays at U.S. embassies and consulates have resulted in a failure to issue immigrant visas. - American Hospital Assoc.

It was blamed on the covid at the time 2021 but has not got any better....In fact it's worse due to bureaucratic hurtles.
meanwhile he lets unskilled illegals in by the millions

Awwwww, you jelli fuckup.

Forum List

Back