Biden Gets To Claim Victory After Supply Chain Crisis Quietly Evaporates

In October, the accelerating U.S. economy ran up against corporate supply chain problems as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic shredded "just-in-time" manufacturing pipelines. Closed factories, shortages of components, and shortages of labor have been features of the pandemic since the beginning—the most famous example in the United States probably being a run on toilet paper in the first months of the pandemic as offices closed. Paper manufacturers were caught flatfooted with warehouses of "office-quality" stuff that nobody who loved their family would dare buy.

The new supply chain problems were more intricate, with a lack of individual electronic components shuttering car manufacturing lines, a lack of spice-sized glass bottles, and similar headaches, but the biggest problem wasn't that the products couldn't be made. It was that Americans began to buy so much that American ports couldn't handle the massive surge of traffic.

Republicans and the political press were outright giddy at the prospect of being able to hammer the not-Trump president over pandemic-caused chaos, but you'll notice that something happened between then and now. Or specifically, something didn'thappen between then and now: The predicted crisis of bare store shelves and wailing giftless children didn't happen. The fears, as the New York Times just put it, "turned out to be wrong."

Oh well righties. Maybe after the holidays you can trump another disaster to hurt America with. Can’t let a good disaster go to waste know. Now head out and do some shopping. Plenty to go around.
No..
This is Fake news.

Feeder cattle are more expensive than live cattle. The feedlots are so backed up that the live cattle can't come off the feedlots.

Coffee is in shortage quantities due to bad weather and with expensive shipping it can't get to the exchange to be bought. But because of the packaging shortage, after it's roasted and ground, the distributors aren't buying any. So there's none on the store shelves. And I expect that your coffee houses will begin to shut down soon.

Paper goods are hit and miss...they might have some and they might not. You order anyway the things you need out till spring.

Chicken wings have tripled in price.

Orange groves in Florida can't get the peat from Canada because the truckdrivers don't want to go back to Canada empty...so the trees that have the green virus aren't getting replaced.

All these things are ongoing and continuing to be problematic. When America's tractors shut down for parts issues and maintenance issues and there flat out isn't any food...then the headlines will still be saying the exact same thing.

This article is a complete lie. Totally fake news that gets destroyed the second you walk out the door.

Wake up...we are in a disaster! Things are getting worse not better.

Last edited:
Don't you wish Trump was POTUS and could be the one to claim victory here? Cause you know he would have if he was POTUS. But he's not, thank god.

Also, remember you guys said Covid would go away a month after Biden won? That conspiracy theory didn't pan out.
Biden also claimed he was going to get rid of covid before he said he couldn't. If Trump didn't listen to Fauci covid would be over.

does the truth ever really come out??
Okay... you got me on that one.

I'm pissed because I missed on a trade because of supply chain interruptions.
(I play coffee futures)

And I'm still hot about the packaging shortage making me miss on about 25-50% returns I didn't get. (I did get 40% but I wanted more) With no fix in sight.

So, if it does not, is that also the truth coming out?
I don't think that it will not tank. The yield on 10 year bonds went up this morning. That's not exactly a good thing for margin...it's not enough for a huge effect yet but it's the portent of things to come.

Every chart out there is showing weakness in the major indexes for this month. That goes from Fibinacci to all the major patterns we look for.

At this point it would almost be a miracle for them to not consolidate. Especially with record high PE ratios and rising margin rates.

I don't think that it will not tank. The yield on 10 year bonds went up this morning. That's not exactly a good thing for margin...it's not enough for a huge effect yet but it's the portent of things to come.

Every chart out there is showing weakness in the major indexes for this month. That goes from Fibinacci to all the major patterns we look for.

At this point it would almost be a miracle for them to not consolidate. Especially with record high PE ratios and rising margin rates.

Nothing is tanking. The economy goes up and the economy comes down. Prices increase and prices decrease. But there is no crash coming anytime soon.

Nothing is tanking. The economy goes up and the economy comes down. Prices increase and prices decrease. But there is no crash coming anytime soon.
Sure...go ahead and believe what you want... you will be one of those people I make money off of. Your retirement portfolio will shrink and my fun money will grow...
I'm actually OK with that. Less money for the snail darter.

In October, the accelerating U.S. economy ran up against corporate supply chain problems as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic shredded "just-in-time" manufacturing pipelines. Closed factories, shortages of components, and shortages of labor have been features of the pandemic since the beginning—the most famous example in the United States probably being a run on toilet paper in the first months of the pandemic as offices closed. Paper manufacturers were caught flatfooted with warehouses of "office-quality" stuff that nobody who loved their family would dare buy.

The new supply chain problems were more intricate, with a lack of individual electronic components shuttering car manufacturing lines, a lack of spice-sized glass bottles, and similar headaches, but the biggest problem wasn't that the products couldn't be made. It was that Americans began to buy so much that American ports couldn't handle the massive surge of traffic.

Republicans and the political press were outright giddy at the prospect of being able to hammer the not-Trump president over pandemic-caused chaos, but you'll notice that something happened between then and now. Or specifically, something didn'thappen between then and now: The predicted crisis of bare store shelves and wailing giftless children didn't happen. The fears, as the New York Times just put it, "turned out to be wrong."

Oh well righties. Maybe after the holidays you can trump another disaster to hurt America with. Can’t let a good disaster go to waste know. Now head out and do some shopping. Plenty to go around.
You must live under a rock if you think the problem is solved. I'm eating lunch right now but when I leave I will take a picture of the sign on the door to give you a dose of REALITY.
The fact that our dishonest media isn't covering it doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Sure...go ahead and believe what you want... you will be one of those people I make money off of. Your retirement portfolio will shrink and my fun money will grow...
I'm actually OK with that. Less money for the snail darter.

Great, enjoy yourself. My money is managed by a very reputable investment company. I even made money during the Obama recession. If it's one thing I learned about financials, it's that everybody has a book to sell or an article they wrote they want you to read.

20220103_112547.jpg

Great, enjoy yourself. My money is managed by a very reputable investment company. I even made money during the Obama recession. If it's one thing I learned about financials, it's that everybody has a book to sell or an article they wrote they want you to read.
Oh no kidding...
But money managers are out for commissions on loaded funds. Or the wonderful C shares which are the gift that keeps on giving for the broker who sold them to you.

Let me tell you a universal truth...
No one truly cares about your money growing except for you. Everyone else is all about collecting money for doing nothing.

The truth was the stuff that they taught in high school and college called economics classes. Not home economics but financial economics. But you obviously slept through those classes or you were so stoned it was all gibberish to you.

If you don't know the difference between M¹ and M² money... yeah... you are probably better letting your financial advisor glean off all your pathetic earnings and/or principle when you lose money every year.

The media sure did a fine job too. They all suck.
Let's see where inflation is in 6 mos. But the dems will probably even lose the Senate after the progs convinced themselves Manchin would just fold and not oppose CTE despite objecting.

I think ultimately Biden will be done in by a challenge from the left though. And that despite passing something like 4 trillion in stimulus and infrastrucute. And he could still get a deal on CTE that at least a couple of gop senators would support, but it would mean the progs would have to give up parts of it, and maybe even split it into two bills. At least one of which would be subject to fillibuster.

I still can't find items reliably in stores. Stuff they've always carried is there sometimes and not other times. I still see empty shelves a lot.
This thread is a huge laughing stock. Literally EVERY STORE has shortages & or substitutions because of the problems.

The OP is blind as a fucking bat and dumb as a squirrel who lost his nut.

Oh no kidding...
But money managers are out for commissions on loaded funds. Or the wonderful C shares which are the gift that keeps on giving for the broker who sold them to you.

Let me tell you a universal truth...
No one truly cares about your money growing except for you. Everyone else is all about collecting money for doing nothing.

The truth was the stuff that they taught in high school and college called economics classes. Not home economics but financial economics. But you obviously slept through those classes or you were so stoned it was all gibberish to you.

If you don't know the difference between M¹ and M² money... yeah... you are probably better letting your financial advisor glean off all your pathetic earnings and/or principle when you lose money every year.

Like I said, my money is fine. It's had successful growth for nearly 30 years now. That's why I pay professionals to handle it. I won't be around to use it, but it's a nice little extra to my heirs when I pass away.

You see if you are going to dump all your money in one or two investments, it's better to research it yourself. When you build a nice diverse portfolio, then you let the big boys handle that. They know how and when to move things around. It's how they build their clientele and reputation. They handle a lot of money at once which influences the direction of the market.

However my original point was about predictions people write about. Again, they are trying to sell books or get you to their internet site to stay up to date on whatever they have to report the next time. Those who can do, and those that can't don't. The reason they are talking about the market and not in the market is because they can't.

When I did handle my own money I used more than one source and that includes my broker. There were times when people would write about the market crashing and my broker told me they are FOS, and most of the time they were.

There was no Obama recession. It was the Bush recession. Bush was President when we had to bail out the banks. Bush was pushing home ownership that led to a flameout of the housing market. Your financial observations are hardly unbiased.

Forum List

Back