Bible Verses on Homosexuality

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
The Bible is rife with scripture clearly staying homosexuality is a sin and an abomination to God Do you disagree?

The Bible is rife with scripture clearly staying homosexuality is a sin and an abomination to God Do you disagree?

The one unforgiveable sin, or Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is unforgiveness.

If you read up on all the cases where people were HEALED of the conditions associated with their homosexual attractions and relations, the common factor in change is FORGIVENESS and letting go so they receive Healing. So this is the meaning of the Holy Spirit that comes in the final stages of human spiritual maturity.

Forgiveness is the step that allows spiritual healing and change.
Unforgiveness is what blocks people from healing and changing.

Whatever other sins or conditions you may focus on,
the factor of Forgiveness and Unforgiveness is what determines if issues can be reconciled
and relations restored or not.

Forgiveness in Christ brings Healing peace and comfort by the Holy Spirit.
This is the meaning and message in the Bible.
Anything "unforgiven" is what leads people down the path to hell and human suffering.

Romans 1:24-27
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

It is the practice of homosexuality that is condemned gays like St. Augustine who repent are in the same position as the junkies of Corinth who were translated into English as magicians. The sexually atypical hypothalamus like the addictive personality is still there. And like the secularized verses of Matthew used in 12 step programs the repentance does not necessarily take the first time. However heterosexual adultery and divorce is condemned more in both testaments than being gay and that is not generally preached. Being queer doesn't even make the ten commandments but adultery does. There are quite a few abominations in every church. For example, in the last chapter of Timothy I male believers are enjoined to marry or at least shack up permanently with childless widows. (Being a kinsman redeemer means you are permitted additional nookie and become heir to the widow's estate as an incentive. The Old Testament has no examples of anyone at the front of the list for this office ever performing it.) Preachers are absolutely terrified of preaching that passage as written in context, it could easily lead to a reduced collections.

No, not after the killing of the first born of the Egyptians...

all the other dead from the first nine plagues don't matter?

God kept telling pharaoh, through moses, to let his people go. All those chances to save lives

That's the Old Testament which all ya supposed Christians pay no attention to. Except when the subject of gay marriage comes up.

That's the Old Testament which all ya supposed Christians pay no attention to. Except when the subject of gay marriage comes up.
Check out Corinthians and Revelations. Homosexuality is condemned in the same passages that condemn drug use, alcoholism, self-righteousness and ignoring your Christian brothers and sisters as to necessities when they are doing what can and falling short. (II Thes. 3: 10 not Trotsky is the source of "those who will not work neither shall they eat.")

all the other dead from the first nine plagues don't matter?

God kept telling pharaoh, through moses, to let his people go. All those chances to save lives
You could have just put them into a coma...

ancient world, that was death
Isn't that a shame God could have injected a little futuristic planning....

Check out Corinthians and Revelations. Homosexuality is condemned in the same passages that condemn drug use, alcoholism, self-righteousness and ignoring your Christian brothers and sisters as to necessities when they are doing what can and falling short. (II Thes. 3: 10 not Trotsky is the source of "those who will not work neither shall they eat.")
The Tea Party was around then also...

Bonzi...Good Lord. Did you not hear what I said on the other thread? There is a thread on this topic on the very front page of the Religion and Ethics board. Here is the link.

What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Now there are almost 600 posts on that thread and if you look through them you will find exactly one from me. I will say here what I said there. This topic has been discussed and argued so many times on these boards (and here you are starting another one when the old one isn't even done yet) that we have all heard the arguments from both sides and, despite what anyone might come up with, not one single person will be convinced that their previous position was in error.

I can go verse by verse with you, break down the history, break down the language, identify the influence of pseudepigraphy, discuss the cultural norms of the times, discuss the context of what the author is directly referring to, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...and at the end of the day...after I have spent two weeks breaking it down to that degree, you won't listen to a single word I say. After all the arguments have been made, those who think the Bible condemns homosexuality will still believe that and those who think those verses are misunderstood or misinterpreted will still believe that.

This topic is a total waste of effort to even discuss regardless of your position on it. And like the other thread where I made one post that said essentially the same thing, that is all I am going to say here. I am not going to waste my time arguing a point that no one is willing to listen to.

Good luck on your thread.

Yeah even before that, sodom and gamorha, as if there was only one good family in those cities, or even before that, when the earth was supposedly flooded. Hmm God of genocide, murder, jealousy, anger. Makes me feel all warm inside. From that to a God of love and forgiveness unless you are gay, as christians now say. How can anyone equate the two as being the same God? Reading it and as christians say it was written by a divine hand, there is nothing all knowing about either God or if they are the same He evolved and quickly by biblical standards. Sigh what people want to believe because it was tradition instead of thought is dangerous.

Anyway ( to the OP) it doesn't matter what a hate filled book of death says. Live your life, let others live theirs, because gays can now marry will not affect your marriage. Marriage is between you and your spouse and whatever God or no God you believe in. I never understood why christians want to control people's bedrooms and lives, it is not attacking churches if less then 2 % of the population marries it is silly to argue when the energy should be used to help people. Besides Christians are not the only religion in America. Totally silly this whole argument was. I am glad it is over.

There are a lot of sinful practices we as individuals are guilty of.

That is why Christ came.

This topic is a total waste of effort to even discuss regardless of your position on it.

I disagree. The Bible is quite clear, and unless you try to spin it another way, God considers homosexuality of any kind a sin. The Bible talks about BEASTIALITY EXACTLY they way it does HOMOSEXUALITY.

Anyone that is a true, born again Christian knows what the Bible says and God's intent. PERIOD.

A non-Christian can spin and research word derivations all day long, but, ultimately, God speaks to the heart of the true Christian.

Yeah even before that, sodom and gamorha, as if there was only one good family in those cities, or even before that, when the earth was supposedly flooded. Hmm God of genocide, murder, jealousy, anger. Makes me feel all warm inside. From that to a God of love and forgiveness unless you are gay, as christians now say. How can anyone equate the two as being the same God? Reading it and as christians say it was written by a divine hand, there is nothing all knowing about either God or if they are the same He evolved and quickly by biblical standards. Sigh what people want to believe because it was tradition instead of thought is dangerous.

Anyway ( to the OP) it doesn't matter what a hate filled book of death says. Live your life, let others live theirs, because gays can now marry will not affect your marriage. Marriage is between you and your spouse and whatever God or no God you believe in. I never understood why christians want to control people's bedrooms and lives, it is not attacking churches if less then 2 % of the population marries it is silly to argue when the energy should be used to help people. Besides Christians are not the only religion in America. Totally silly this whole argument was. I am glad it is over.

I have news for you. God doesn't "owe" us anything.
He's perfect, we're not.
His grace and mercy allows us a place in Heaven as his children.

If you don't believe this, you should just say "God doesn't exist" and move on. You can't define God to fit your purposes.

Agree it says it's an abomination. What it might say in the 'other half' is moot as per Deuteronomy 13:1 'do not add to, or take away from the commandments in Torah.'

Anyone who does shall be put to death.

As was done.

Forum List

Back