Bible Verses at work... Military

Hard to believe they are 30-50 bucks now...
I now buy the cheap ones, Bronson. They cost me $32.00 a carton including tax. I buy them at a Quick-Trip store.
Mine are the left handed smokes...

No taxes on those.
Not yet...

Only if you live in Colorado.
I need to sell my farm here in Mizzouri to get on out there and ramp up production.....I plan on raising animals to eat which will also get high..

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence.

>>>>

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor people in the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.

Base pay for an E-3 @ 19 = $23,256 per year (not bad for a 19 year old but hardly "lucrative")

Camp Lejeune Housing Allowance for and E-3 = $987 not $1,200)

I retired after 20 years in the Navy in 1998 and currently have a daughter on active duty.

>>>>

Hard to believe they are 30-50 bucks now...
I now buy the cheap ones, Bronson. They cost me $32.00 a carton including tax. I buy them at a Quick-Trip store.
Mine are the left handed smokes...

No taxes on those.
Yes. I pay taxes on them. I pay approximately $32.00 a carton, which includes taxes. The brand is Bronson. Very popular because they are cheaper than other brands.

I was referring to left handed cigarettes. They are only taxed in Colorado.
Sorry. My bad

Mizzouri does have a ballot initiative for legalization, but the red neck GOP seems to feel the need to pull issues voted on by the public to become null and void by legislative action.......

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence.

>>>>

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor people in the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.

Base pay for an E-3 @ 19 = $23,256 per year (not bad for a 19 year old but hardly "lucrative")

I retired after 20 years in the Navy in 1998 and currently have a daughter on active duty.

>>>>
She took your place?

>>>>

>>>>

The equivalent of $16.87 an hour. There are people in Jacksonville North Carolina that would literally kill a person in order to make $16.87 an hour.

That's a very lucrative income for that area. We didn't add his food and clothing allowance yet.

>>>>

>>>>

The equivalent of $16.87 an hour. There are people in Jacksonville North Carolina that would literally kill a person in order to make $16.87 an hour.

That's a very lucrative income for that area. We didn't add his food and clothing allowance yet.
They do it different now..they give you a food allowance, instead of food services at no charge like they used to?

member: 27321"]

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

Trust me. Your daughter should stay in the Navy instead of looking for a lucrative salary outside of government employment.

The only lucrative jobs available are government jobs. (Similar to a third world country full of corruptikn)

Last edited:

>>>>

>>>>

They do it different now..they give you a food allowance, instead of food services at no charge like they used to?

If you live off base you get a food allowance. Single guys get to eat at the chow hall.

>>>>

>>>>
She took your place?

Not quite.

The Navy brat earned an Air Force ROTC Scholarship and is now a 2nd LT - traitor. If I was still in uniform this Navy Chief would have at to salute her. (But truth to tell it would be the proudest salute of my life.)

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>
She took your place?

Not quite.

The Navy brat earned an Air Force ROTC Scholarship and is now a 2nd LT - traitor. If I was still in uniform this Navy Chief would have at to salute her. (But truth to tell it would be the proudest salute of my life.)

>>>>
I here ya, mine went into the Air Farce to become a wingnut....

We are shamed by this country, its actions, and the depth to which we've fallen. I am now ashamed that I served in the U.S.M.C.. I am embarrassed to say that I was once a Marine. Yet, we have folks attacking the Confederate Flag, and at the same time, proudly displaying the American Flag. What does the American Flag stand for? Who can honor the American Flag when a member of our armed forces can not mention a Bible verse, and display it at work? What did we fight for in 1776? What does the 4th of July mean? I'm sorry, but this isn't the America that I grew up to love and take pride in. This isn't the America that I joined the military for back in 1967.

After reading this story of one of our members of the armed forces, tears should flow down the cheeks of every single patriotic American that has every served this once great nation. We have hit the proverbial rock bottom in this country, how can it get worse? We're attacking our own, removing historical flags, and watching injustices take place on our streets. When will enough be enough? When will we bow no longer, and stand for what's right and just? When will we honor our past, protect the present, and fight for our future? What do we want future generations of Americans to have and to cherish, that we past to them? All I can say is that you folks better look past the cloud of smoke and realize that what you're seeing isn't right, and it has to change.
Sonny, you are a shame to the USMC and the USA. Read the Constitution, read the UCMJ, and pray, because you are on a wrong track, son.

member: 27321"]

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

Trust me. Your daughter should stay in the Navy instead of looking for a lucrative salary outside of government employment.

The only lucrative jobs available are government jobs.
Used to be they gave you both....

>>>>

>>>>

No, it's not $16.87/hr. Most military don't work 8 hour days and not always 5 day weeks. Most days are 10 hour days, longer if you're on a duty roster. You'll be on at least one duty roster that brings you in on a weekend. For units that go to the field, that's 24/day for 2-6 weeks.

Basically, since the marine is on-call 24/7, that works out to $2,69/hr, no overtime.

Nonsense. As long as the rates are not sent to the sand boxes, they are doing well compared to the $9 an hour yobs.

[Trust me. Your daughter should stay in the Navy instead of looking for a lucrative salary outside of government employment.

In her case? Nope, she could do much better in the civilian market.

>>>>

Lol Never estimate the power of a delusional government dependent. Have you ever had a real job? ( that means your salary isn't paid by a government entity )

>>>>

>>>>

No, it's not $16.87/hr. Most military don't work 8 hour days and not always 5 day weeks. Most days are 10 hour days, longer if you're on a duty roster. You'll be on at least one duty roster that brings you in on a weekend. For units that go to the field, that's 24/day for 2-6 weeks.

Basically, since the marine is on-call 24/7, that works out to $2,69/hr, no overtime.

Lol There are still people that would jump at a job like that.

>>>>

>>>>

Horse-manure of $16.87 an hour.

Given a standard civilian work compensation year of 2040 hours (40 hours a week for 52 weeks) that's $11.40 an hour. Most E-3's (the paygrade you provided) are not authorized to live off base.

Then of course there is the fact that the military rarely has a "40 hour" work week considering not only primary duties, but collateral duties such as mandatory PT at 06:00, guard/watch duties during beyond the normal day.

More likely 50-60 hours a week for deployable units. That makes it more like $7.45 to $8.95 an hour.

For example, as an airdale deployed to a ship we worked 12 on, 12 off seven days a week. and that was for months at a time. The ship I was on deployed 9 out of 12 months per year. We had one period where we went over 180 days at sea with no port call. In addition to that I was flight crew meaning I didn't just get off after my shift ended at 19:00. Kind of hard to do when you are at 30,000 feet. Then duty crew once ever 4 days and after getting off at 19:00 would get rousted out of the rack for an emergency launch at 03:00.

>>>>

Forum List

Back