Bible Verses at work... Military

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence.

>>>>

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor peep on the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.
I was in 1982-88, we got 475 base pay and 300 BAQ
You were lucky. In 1967 I got $99.00 a month.
Well things were cheaper then....
Yep, a lot cheaper. A carton of cigarettes cost me $2.00 on base.
Hard to believe they are 30-50 bucks now...

In the Marine Corps I was taught to follow orders immediately without discussion. If a superior is wrong it is to be addressed after the fact. From a tactical perspective this type of culture is necessary for combative readiness. If you argue on the battlefield you die or worse, you lose a battle.

This soldier may not deserve to be court martial ed but she should be. She is a threat to our national security. Follow orders first. There will be a time to address unlawful orders later.
Bullshit

Would you care to elaborate?
I was in the Marine Corps - 1967 - 1970 ---- I know the game, how it works, and it has absolutely nothing to do with national security. With all of our men and women serving in the military, do we have national security? Is every single order given in the military one of life or death? Are mistakes made by high ranking officers in time or war and combat? Are some orders given in the military bullshit? Think about it.

That's what I was taught. I rarely seen abuse of power but I did see abuse of power a few times.

There is a procedure to follow to remedy those situations appropriately. Saying, "No sir." is conducting unbecoming of a soldier. You will probably get away with it. I remember I got away with it once. Not everybody is so lucky.

You can get court martialed for it. Disobeying an unlawful order is disruptive to effective military culture. Giving an unlawful order is disruptive to military culture.

You were in the military a different time than me. We were all volunteers. I'm sure your experience was different than mine. I didn't see a lot of abuse of power. I seen a lot of arrogant jerks but not criminals giving unlawful orders.

Through my 54 years, I have learned that things change...Don't matter if you agree of disagree...Just keep on living, cause if your dead......Well,,,,you're dead....

Perception of reality changes. Not convinced reality itself does. Watch a lot of old 30s movies on TCM, and but for better technology, nothing much has changed. :)
In the 1930's, you come out of the closet and a reception party would have you swingin' from a tree...

Errol Flynn. :) Be a movie star more like. Didn't have the bug up their butts about it until after WW2.
Sir, Errol Flynn was constantly in trouble for messing with young females...

Ya, with a 17 year-old. Big woop.

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor peep on the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.
I now buy the cheap ones, Bronson. They cost me $32.00 a carton including tax. I buy them at a Quick-Trip store.

Through my 54 years, I have learned that things change...Don't matter if you agree of disagree...Just keep on living, cause if your dead......Well,,,,you're dead....

Perception of reality changes. Not convinced reality itself does. Watch a lot of old 30s movies on TCM, and but for better technology, nothing much has changed. :)
In the 1930's, you come out of the closet and a reception party would have you swingin' from a tree...

Errol Flynn. :) Be a movie star more like. Didn't have the bug up their butts about it until after WW2.

Which would indicate that a man getting in trouble because of screwing around with a 17 year old he might not be like total ghey?

I now buy the cheap ones, Bronson. They cost me $32.00 a carton including tax. I buy them at a Quick-Trip store.
Mine are the left handed smokes...

Point taken ......

Are you allowed to buy them out of state of it is for personal consumption?

Which would indicate that a man getting in trouble because of screwing around with a 17 year old he might not be like total ghey?

Never really read about him until just now. Seems he was more accurately described as bisexual.

No taxes on those.

Never really read about him until just now. Seems he was more accurately described as bisexual.
We all can't be try-sexuals...

No taxes on those.
Not yet...

I buy them locally, less than 2 miles from my house. Yes, for me personally. And, I have no idea if there're sold in other states. My guess would be, yes.

Point taken ......
Not another patrol...!!??

No taxes on those.
Yes. I pay taxes on them. I pay approximately $32.00 a carton, which includes taxes. The brand is Bronson. Very popular because they are cheaper than other brands.

I buy them locally, less than 2 miles from my house. Yes, for me personally. And, I have no idea if there're sold in other states. My guess would be, yes.
People from OK and AR come to MO to get cheaper smokes, or go to the reservation(s) around.....

Point taken ......
Not another patrol...!!??
Patrol what?

No taxes on those.
Not yet...

Only if you live in Colorado.

No taxes on those.
Yes. I pay taxes on them. I pay approximately $32.00 a carton, which includes taxes. The brand is Bronson. Very popular because they are cheaper than other brands.

I was referring to left handed cigarettes. They are only taxed in Colorado.

Forum List

Back