Bible Verses at work... Military

Same in the Navy. She disobeyed an order. You're not allowed to do that.

That said, it'd be interesting to ask what if she'd be a chaplain's assistant or something? Would that order have still come?

So was the purpose of the order simply a superior who 'didn't like that God stuff?' or was it objectively sound and valid?
So now we know what your problem is....a squid, tar,

Being in the military is like being in jail...You don't get much of a choice...

except you get paid and get free housing...
If you like living in a long building with 50 other guys, sure, it's free, but you get to polish that turd day and night...
and as far as pay, as the song goes,,
They front you a hundred dollars then take 99 dollars away...

In the Marine Corps I was taught to follow orders immediately without discussion. If a superior is wrong it is to be addressed after the fact. From a tactical perspective this type of culture is necessary for combative readiness. If you argue on the battlefield you die or worse, you lose a battle.

This soldier may not deserve to be court martial ed but she should be. She is a threat to our national security. Follow orders first. There will be a time to address unlawful orders later.
Same way in the Army...Shut you mouth and move...All I want to see is assholes and elbows pickin' up those cigarette butts...

Same in the Navy. She disobeyed an order. You're not allowed to do that.

That said, it'd be interesting to ask what if she'd be a chaplain's assistant or something? Would that order have still come?

So was the purpose of the order simply a superior who 'didn't like that God stuff?' or was it objectively sound and valid?

She still should have obeyed the order and brought charges up on him later if he was abusing his power.

We are shamed by this country, its actions, and the depth to which we've fallen. I am now ashamed that I served in the U.S.M.C.. I am embarrassed to say that I was once a Marine. Yet, we have folks attacking the Confederate Flag, and at the same time, proudly displaying the American Flag. What does the American Flag stand for? Who can honor the American Flag when a member of our armed forces can not mention a Bible verse, and display it at work? What did we fight for in 1776? What does the 4th of July mean? I'm sorry, but this isn't the America that I grew up to love and take pride in. This isn't the America that I joined the military for back in 1967.

After reading this story of one of our members of the armed forces, tears should flow down the cheeks of every single patriotic American that has every served this once great nation. We have hit the proverbial rock bottom in this country, how can it get worse? We're attacking our own, removing historical flags, and watching injustices take place on our streets. When will enough be enough? When will we bow no longer, and stand for what's right and just? When will we honor our past, protect the present, and fight for our future? What do we want future generations of Americans to have and to cherish, that we past to them? All I can say is that you folks better look past the cloud of smoke and realize that what you're seeing isn't right, and it has to change.

Through my 54 years, I have learned that things change...Don't matter if you agree of disagree...Just keep on living, cause if your dead......Well,,,,you're dead....

Being in the military is like being in jail...You don't get much of a choice...

except you get paid and get free housing...

"Housing" isn't "free", it's part of the compensation.

When I was a junior enlisted you got to live in the Barracks with room-mates and on the ship there were 48 of us on one room.

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence. So the "housing" wasn't "free".

>>>>

Well, MG, apparently her Georgetown attorney doesn't understand either! Must be a reason they are fighting it
I would have used a lawyer from Chevy Chase....

I hear Tom Crews is a pretty good military lawyer.
For a short guy, yeah...

He is better than Kevin Bacon.
Nothing is better than bacon....

You may be right. Those Marines did get dishonorably discharged at the end of the movie. Bacon did beat Crews.

In the Marine Corps I was taught to follow orders immediately without discussion. If a superior is wrong it is to be addressed after the fact. From a tactical perspective this type of culture is necessary for combative readiness. If you argue on the battlefield you die or worse, you lose a battle.

This soldier may not deserve to be court martial ed but she should be. She is a threat to our national security. Follow orders first. There will be a time to address unlawful orders later.
Bullshit

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence.

>>>>

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor people in the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.

Through my 54 years, I have learned that things change...Don't matter if you agree of disagree...Just keep on living, cause if your dead......Well,,,,you're dead....

Perception of reality changes. Not convinced reality itself does. Watch a lot of old 30s movies on TCM, and but for better technology, nothing much has changed. :)

Bullshit

Would you care to elaborate?

Once I moved off base and got married, the Basic Allowance for Quarters did not come close to actual costs of maintaining a residence.

>>>>

Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor peep on the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.
I was in 1982-88, we got 475 base pay and 300 BAQ

Perception of reality changes. Not convinced reality itself does. Watch a lot of old 30s movies on TCM, and but for better technology, nothing much has changed. :)
In the 1930's, you come out of the closet and a reception party would have you swingin' from a tree...

>>>>

There are real poor peep on the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.

Fair enough. Not a popular time to be in the military. There was a strong anti-military sentiment at that time. Be encouraged. Your brothers in uniform aren't struggling the way you did. A Lance Corporal lives like a king these days.

In the 1930's, you come out of the closet and a reception party would have you swingin' from a tree...

Errol Flynn. :) Be a movie star more like. Didn't have the bug up their butts about it until after WW2.

Bullshit

Would you care to elaborate?
I was in the Marine Corps - 1967 - 1970 ---- I know the game, how it works, and it has absolutely nothing to do with national security. With all of our men and women serving in the military, do we have national security? Is every single order given in the military one of life or death? Are mistakes made by high ranking officers in time of war and combat? Are some orders given in the military bullshit? Think about it.

Last edited:

>>>>

You were lucky. In 1967 I got $99.00 a month.

>>>>

Well things were cheaper then....

Errol Flynn. :) Be a movie star more like. Didn't have the bug up their butts about it until after WW2.
Sir, Errol Flynn was constantly in trouble for messing with young females...

>>>>

Well things were cheaper then....
Yep, a lot cheaper. A carton of cigarettes cost me $2.00 on base.

Forum List

Back