Bezerkly bans natural gas in new homes and businesses.

Not to mention you can still cook if the power goes out
No. the igniters are electric

I get that sometimes about my natural gas furnace. "Well at least you still have heat if the power goes out" LOL. Nope.

The blowers need electricity

But hey you can always turn on the gas oven and open the door for some heat

I have a fire pit because I heart releasing me some CO2 in the cooler months

Wood is carbon neutral so burn all you want

Wood is a carbon sink so not really, but I just save wood from downed trees, etc. which I have plenty of this year.

I don't understand, why would you need to be texted to tell you power has been restored? Doesn't the lights, clocks and fridge turning back on tell you power has been restored? Do you need some bureaucrat to tell you what you can see with your own eyes?

Mr. Munny you need to become just a tad bit more progressive... There are App's that tell you when to defecate with a text...

Makes you wonder though just how folks survived before Smart fones…. :dunno:

The sun and the wind are the cleanest form of energy there is. The fact that you’re to fucking stupid to know how to use it, isn’t everybody else’s problem that does.
WRONG....solar farms are a blight on the landscape and they get dirty and less effective as time goes on....wind mills are also a blight on the landscape they leak oil kill endangered birds and are so expensive to repair that most of them are down more than they are up and running....natural gas is clean it does not ruin the hillsides or the desert view shed...and unlike nuclear gas has no waste to dispose of and takes no oil or needs no repair or cleaning....don't believe me do some research....

LOL they do the same stupid shit here but can they tell you why it's out or when it will be back on? Noooooooo.
Therefore I have a whole house stand by generator now.

Actually they do have a website that you can go to to track power outages that posts updates, causes of outages, etc. They give estimates on there as to when power will be restored to certain areas. You just click on your neighborhood. It was pretty handy during the hurricane. They updated it every 4 hours. If nothing else, it was something to do to pass the time to say, "Fuck, I am glad I don't live in THAT neighborhood every time they did an update for a couple places in the area that just got devastated. by trees and water clear cutting their electric infrastructure.

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, ran two gasoline generators 24/7. After that I got a whole home generator that runs on propane, it can also run on natural gas.

I’m thinking of doing the same. Did you hook it to propane or gas?

Propane, but I just bought another house and will move the generator there and it will be on natural gas. It is capable of running on either, but on natural gas the max output is about 10% less.

Natural gas is less energy-dense than liquid fuels -- but you won't run out of it.

It's all in gaseous form when it enters the engine, propane just has more BTUs than natural gas and provides more power.

The sun and the wind are the cleanest form of energy there is. The fact that you’re to fucking stupid to know how to use it, isn’t everybody else’s problem that does.
WRONG....solar farms are a blight on the landscape and they get dirty and less effective as time goes on....wind mills are also a blight on the landscape they leak oil kill endangered birds and are so expensive to repair that most of them are down more than they are up and running....natural gas is clean it does not ruin the hillsides or the desert view shed...and unlike nuclear gas has no waste to dispose of and takes no oil or needs no repair or cleaning....don't believe me do some research....

I don’t blame you. You come from a long line of dumbasses in American history that believes everything has to be dug out of the ground.

You live on a planet that’s 4/5s water, an atmosphere constantly in motion, with a star 93 million miles away that shines more energy on earth in one hour, than all man made energy combined in a year.

And your answer is get a shovel.

Do you see why conservatives are not taken seriously?

Actually they do have a website that you can go to to track power outages that posts updates, causes of outages, etc. They give estimates on there as to when power will be restored to certain areas. You just click on your neighborhood. It was pretty handy during the hurricane. They updated it every 4 hours. If nothing else, it was something to do to pass the time to say, "Fuck, I am glad I don't live in THAT neighborhood every time they did an update for a couple places in the area that just got devastated. by trees and water clear cutting their electric infrastructure.

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, ran two gasoline generators 24/7. After that I got a whole home generator that runs on propane, it can also run on natural gas.

Propane, but I just bought another house and will move the generator there and it will be on natural gas. It is capable of running on either, but on natural gas the max output is about 10% less.

Natural gas is less energy-dense than liquid fuels -- but you won't run out of it.

It's all in gaseous form when it enters the engine, propane just has more BTUs than natural gas and provides more power.

I know how engines work. Natural gas is cheaper than propane...and your propane tank will run out eventually if you don't refill it. Natural gas is for all practical purposes and infinite source.

I don’t blame you. You come from a long line of dumbasses in American history that believes everything has to be dug out of the ground.

You live on a planet that’s 4/5s water, an atmosphere constantly in motion, with a star 93 million miles away that shines more energy on earth in one hour, than all man made energy combined in a year.

Where do the elements required to build solar panels and wind turbines come from?

I think its been proven over and over again that the dumb asses are the people that have fallen for the lie that the sun and the wind can supply the world with all the energy it needs...you have no fucking clue how energy hungry the world is on a daily bases and how many watts of energy is needed to run the world....its foolish to do away with any form of energy whether it comes from the ground or not....there has never been legitimate proof presented that fracking is harmful to the earth or man...so why do away with it?...because ending it is cool and happens to be a current college campus fad?....

Where do the elements required to build solar panels and wind turbines come from?

China. They’re intelligent enough to know that rare earth metals are far more valuable to the future, than ignorant Americans who would still have us riding horses, if it weren’t for political conn cations Henry Ford had.

Fossil fuels are actually 50 years out of date now. The only reason we are still being forced to use them is because of political connections the industry.

They are 100% not needed. 100%.

A much better world is being purposely held back by a few greedy smut billionaires.

I know how engines work. Natural gas is cheaper than propane...and your propane tank will run out eventually if you don't refill it. Natural gas is for all practical purposes and infinite source.

That's irrelevant when natural gas isn't available. The only thing provided to my current property is phone and electric service.

China. They’re intelligent enough to know that rare earth metals are far more valuable to the future, than ignorant Americans who would still have us riding horses, if it weren’t for political conn cations Henry Ford had.
Then move to China

Fossil fuels are actually 50 years out of date now. The only reason we are still being forced to use them is because of political connections the industry.
That is ridiculous on its face....you have no way to prove your point...we need all forms of energy...the sun and the wind is not enough.....it will never be enough as the world needs more and more energy production everyday....

WTF!!!
Who the Hell wants to cook on an electric range or oven?
They claim it's for stopping climate change yet natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel available.
I'd be looking to see who profits by going all electric.
Berkeley becomes first U.S. city to ban natural gas in new homes

I have electric and if I lived in earthquake country, I sure as hell would have electric

Well I have and let me tell ya it's hard as hell to cook on electricity when there's no electric power. My power was out for over a friggin week after the Loma Prieta quake. The fridge didn't work so well either. Up in the nearby Santa Cruz mountains it took some months to get their power back on. I had better luck with the electric service in the Philippines, a third world country.

I lost power for 3 days in a hurricane. Move to the east coast. We are much quicker about such things. They will even text me to tell me when my power is restored. Very considerate.

I don't understand, why would you need to be texted to tell you power has been restored? Doesn't the lights, clocks and fridge turning back on tell you power has been restored? Do you need some bureaucrat to tell you what you can see with your own eyes?

Some people go other places to wait out the power outage, especially people with children. It is something you opt into when you report an outage,

I don't flee, I live in a rural section of CA that's gotten extreme rainstorm power outages for hours on end once in awhile. I use my kerosene lanterns and battery-operated fluorescent lights to light up my cabin and I pass the time by doing a lot of reading. And for heat & cooking, I have a propane stove I can light and keep my little place toasty-warm.

They are 100% not needed. 100%.

A much better world is being purposely held back by a few greedy smut billionaires.
Alexandria? Is that you?

Meanwhile, you don't seem to know anything about rare-earth mining. It's a nightmare. But, hey, it's just Chinese people getting poisoned, right? I'm sure they're pleased to die so you can have your latest iPhone and feel good about solar and wind power.

Oh,and good luck getting anything but fossil fuels to farm your food with. You'll starve to death waiting for this thing to run on batteries:

combine.jpg

That's irrelevant when natural gas isn't available. The only thing provided to my current property is phone and electric service.

Indeed. It's not available everywhere. I'm blessed to live where it is, though the house doesn't have gas run to the kitchen.

Natural gas is not needed to run a home. The intent is to create more solar power from the roof top. If you had any brains this would be clearly understood.
Its the cleanest form of energy there is....

If by sun you mean solar...

If Solar Panels Are So Clean, Why Do They Produce So Much Toxic Waste?

And stored in tanks.

And stored in tanks.

Of various sizes no less.

I have electric and if I lived in earthquake country, I sure as hell would have electric

Well I have and let me tell ya it's hard as hell to cook on electricity when there's no electric power. My power was out for over a friggin week after the Loma Prieta quake. The fridge didn't work so well either. Up in the nearby Santa Cruz mountains it took some months to get their power back on. I had better luck with the electric service in the Philippines, a third world country.

I lost power for 3 days in a hurricane. Move to the east coast. We are much quicker about such things. They will even text me to tell me when my power is restored. Very considerate.

Some people go other places to wait out the power outage, especially people with children. It is something you opt into when you report an outage,

I don't flee, I live in a rural section of CA that's gotten extreme rainstorm power outages for hours on end once in awhile. I use my kerosene lanterns and battery-operated fluorescent lights to light up my cabin and I pass the time by doing a lot of reading. And for heat & cooking, I have a propane stove I can light and keep my little place toasty-warm.

I don't flee either, but I know people who do even if it is for the night or whatever.

WTF!!!
Who the Hell wants to cook on an electric range or oven?
They claim it's for stopping climate change yet natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel available.
I'd be looking to see who profits by going all electric.
Berkeley becomes first U.S. city to ban natural gas in new homes

People are gonna start dying soon... When the sun doesn't shine and the wind don't blow and it's FREEZING, there's a paycheck coming to those arrogant busybodies...

Didn't anyone tell these mental midgets that BECAUSE of Nat Gas, the USA has CUT CO2 emissions back to mid 1990s levels????

Farther ahead on this than MOST countries still trying to meet Kyoto standards...

Forum List

Back