CDZ Betrayal

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
The Republican party defined it's rules for nominating a candidate to carry their banner into the primary and beyond. But the candidate that won in the election process, under these rules, is apparently not accepted by the party leaders and efforts are being made to repudiate him and outright deny him the legally obtained nomination.

That's the definition of betrayal, the power to change the outcome of an election so that another wins over the legally elected candidate. All the other candidates, volunteers, paid staff, investors and donors are betrayed by a very select few who can usurp a properly conducted campaign.

Is this America or some third world power broker dominated pretension?

Since the GOP is accountable to it's members I say let their unsavory, but not wholly unpopular candidate, stand for election, go down in glorious defeat but with it's integrity intact.

Later, the old GOP can disband and birth a new conservative party with different rules to suit a new reality.

At least one could have faith in the election process. Otherwise the GOP will forever be defined as inherently dishonest.

That ship has already sailed. The GOP is already defined as inherently dishonest. It's just a matter of watching them finish crumbling into oblivion now.

That ship has already sailed. The GOP is already defined as inherently dishonest. It's just a matter of watching them finish crumbling into oblivion now.
I agree, but I think their last hope is Trump.

It's astonishing how they don't realize their party will never be voted in again after this election, if Trump doesn't. Just shows how out of touch they are.

Maybe he'll upset some of their greasy self interests but I think it's more that he's shown them to be cowards.

I din't know. Some people have serious concerns about Trump's ability to handle the job. Here is an ad describing some of that concern.

I din't know. Some people have serious concerns about Trump's ability to handle the job. Here is an ad describing some of that concern.

He has enough $$$ to buy implants to make them bigger.

the candidate that won in the election process, under these rules, is apparently not accepted by the party leaders and efforts are being made to repudiate him and outright deny him the legally obtained nomination.

It may have escaped you, but everything having to do with how any political party nominates its candidate for President has nothing to do with legislation. It has everything to do with the party's own rules and guidelines, all of which are subject to change at the party's/party leaders' will.

The only things having to do with laws and political candidacies is given by federal election commission (FEC) information disclosure and one's actually being eligible to assume the position for which one is running. The FEC does not stipulate how a party must choose its nominee.

One can call something a betrayal if one wants, but one cannot legitimately use the law as the basis for showing that the betrayal is factual and actual.

Other:
I suspect that the GOP wishes about now that it, like the Democrats, had superdelegates, or something like them that ensures the party's leadership gets nominated a person whom it finds acceptable. (Check out the story of how Jimmy Carter obtained the Democratic nomination. It's not substantively dissimilar to what's going on now with Trump. See also: Research | American Political History | Eagleton Institute of Politics)

Last edited:
precisely, State Law does not govern the primary rules....the Party does, which is not a govt entity but a private club so to say...

And we do not live in a democracy, but a Constitutional Democratic Republic with representation.... representatives are picked by us but are not expected to vote on every thing exactly as I want it or you want it as their constituents, because there will always be differences among us, but the representative is picked by us to vote on things ''in good conscience''.... same with electors in presidential elections,

and the same can be said with the RNC delegates, I suppose?

It doesn't break their rules to vote in good conscience from what I heard on the news tonight, the movement to solidify this by making it clearer in their rules will follow their existing rules on modifying or clarifying the written rules...they need a certain amount of delegates voting yea, to get them written and clarified in their rules about voting their conscience....before the vote for the nominee.... at least that is what this rules committee delegate said tonight....???

I dunno???? confusing...

The Republican party defined it's rules for nominating a candidate to carry their banner into the primary and beyond. But the candidate that won in the election process, under these rules, is apparently not accepted by the party leaders and efforts are being made to repudiate him and outright deny him the legally obtained nomination.

That's the definition of betrayal, the power to change the outcome of an election so that another wins over the legally elected candidate. All the other candidates, volunteers, paid staff, investors and donors are betrayed by a very select few who can usurp a properly conducted campaign.

Is this America or some third world power broker dominated pretension?

Since the GOP is accountable to it's members I say let their unsavory, but not wholly unpopular candidate, stand for election, go down in glorious defeat but with it's integrity intact.

Later, the old GOP can disband and birth a new conservative party with different rules to suit a new reality.

At least one could have faith in the election process. Otherwise the GOP will forever be defined as inherently dishonest.

The republican party as known for so long aka the party of the rich...began to be altered when the so called 'Reagan Democrats' fled there after the Democratic Party abandoned the White Working Class.

But it was not altered all that much as most of those folk did not get involved that much in the party machinations...they simply voted for Reagan and those who followed him though not in the numbers for which they voted for Reagan ....the party paid them a little lip service and got a significant number of their votes even though after Reagan there was not a candidate that really appealed to them....what else could they do? Vote democratic? A idiotic thing to do.

Then along comes The Donald....the best candidate fielded by the Republican Party since Goldwater....yet the elitist, east coast, big wig republican establishment has turned traitor....in fact...they had rather see Hillary win than The Donald. Most are beginning to see that....though they really do not understand why.

It is simply a matter of power and political correctness. Karl Rove and the usual suspects know full well that if The Donald gets in office....their days of power are over....power tends to corrupt...these power hungry big boys place more importance in 'their personal power' than they do to the welfare of America.

Couple that with 'political correctness' aka Paul Ryan(whom even biden make look foolish) and his ilk.....aka.....'We are the Party of Lincoln' ...obviously so ignorant of history they have no idea that Lincoln was a White Supremacist...what a friggin joke....they want to repudiate Trump because they are the Party of Lincoln...hillarious. These fools want to portend they are of a higher morality than other folks....willing to promote Hillary (essentially) in order to preserve their fallacious moral position.

I could go on and on but this is getting too long...the most dangerous thing now happening is the refusal of so many democrats and pc republicans to understand or comprehend what needs to be done to prevent muslim attacks on Americans in America.......Donald Trump understands what needs to be done....Paul Ryan is a weakling, an imposter....willing to sacrifice American lives to preserve what he sees as his 'superior moral position' aka the Party of Lincoln such fallacious drivel that is truly disgusting. Yet they want to cast Trump as a demagogue and just too dangerous to be President........well, unfortunately they have the media enabling such idiocy, such nonsense such insanity....yet....the question is will the American People see through their charade?

I agree, but I think their last hope is Trump.

It's astonishing how they don't realize their party will never be voted in again after this election, if Trump doesn't. Just shows how out of touch they are.

Maybe he'll upset some of their greasy self interests but I think it's more that he's shown them to be cowards.
If Trump is their last hope, than they are doomed, they way things are looking right now, the Trump express is on a pathway to disaster..

One has to wonder what will happen, if Trump is spanked in the debates, and his poll numbers keep tanking, will he have a public meltdown??, to the point the whole GOP party says a final fuck you I'm done with your ass and bullshit for good..

Trumps probably gonna go thru campaign managers like Charlie Sheen goes thru hookers at this rate...

and the same can be said with the RNC delegates, I suppose?

That depends. State GOP party rules tend to drive how delegates can vote on the first few GOP convention ballots, and especially on the first ballot. I believe there's some arcane rule, or interpretation of a rule, in the GOP party/convention rules whereby delegates can abstain from voting on the first ballot, thereby making themselves "free agents" if their state rules bind them on the first ballot.

Rule/interpretation or not, at this point, the quantity of delegates needed to stop a "round one" nomination of Trump may be too great to realistically view that as a viable strategy to doing so. That isn't to say that it's not worth trying in the absence of any other strategy that may yield the same outcome: denying Trump the GOP nomination.

Frankly, I think many GOP leaders and "high level" donors have nearly resigned themselves to the prospect of not winning the White House. Not one of them will publicly assert as much, aside, of course, from those who've said already that they won't support/vote for Trump. Attend a few dinner parties and lunches in "political" Washington, the tenor of glacially growing acceptance of the electoral probability I've noted isn't hard to glean. Moreover, and what's worse, is that folks are more disturbed, and not from a political power standpoint, about what shape the U.S. will find itself were Trump actually to become President.

I don't know what news programs most folks watch. I watch CNN and PBS to get mainstream news and whatever bits of political commentary they offer in connection with news stories. I don't know about you, but of late I've begun to notice a slight tempering in the enthusiasm Trump surrogates on CNN have exhibited. It's plain to me that even they are weary of having to attempt deflecting and redirecting conversations, and having to admit that Trump crossed "this" line or "that" line with his remarks.

Frankly, barring major multiple epiphanies on Trump's part, or a major "debacle" on Mrs. Clinton's part, it's just a matter of time before the Trump phenomenon is over. Yes, he'll get votes, but I can't see him winning in November. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop decrying his candidacy and merit to be President every chance I get. LOL

Forum List

Back