Republican Iowa Caucus, January 15,2024

bdtex

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2013
The Republican Iowa Caucus is January 15, 2024. We're inside 4 weeks away from the 2024 Iowa Caucus. I don't remember the Iowa Caucus ever being such a non-event for the party not in power as this POTUS nomination election cycle has been. I don't imagine it's been much of a money-maker for Iowa as it usually is either. In past election cycles, news of candidates appearing in certain places and/or certain events in Iowa dominated the news coverage. Not this time around. I doubt anyone other than us political junkies even know an Iowa Caucus is on the calendar in January. Trump has not participated in any of the debates but he has thoroughly dominated the GOP nominating campaign. He's gonna beat Nikki Haley in SC. the race will be over before Super Tuesday.

The Republican Iowa Caucus is January 15, 2024. We're inside 4 weeks away from the 2024 Iowa Caucus. I don't remember the Iowa Caucus ever being such a non-event for the party not in power as this POTUS nomination election cycle has been. I don't imagine it's been much of a money-maker for Iowa as it usually is either. In past election cycles, news of candidates appearing in certain places and/or certain events in Iowa dominated the news coverage. Not this time around. I doubt anyone other than us political junkies even know an Iowa Caucus is on the calendar in January. Trump has not participated in any of the debates but he has thoroughly dominated the GOP nominating campaign. He's gonna beat Nikki Haley in SC. the race will be over before Super Tuesday.

Shouldn't this have a link attached? Otherwise, it's just your opinion and not "Politics".

Shouldn't this have a link attached? Otherwise, it's just your opinion and not "Politics".

• When starting a new thread, please first check and confirm that there are no current threads on the same topic. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening posts require more than a "Copy and Paste" with a link. You need to include relevant on-topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.
  • Content in opening posts must be 2 sentences or more and must contain the opinion of the member starting the thread. "Get a load of this" is not sufficient topical content. Summarize the topic to be discussed and why you think it needs discussion.
You're a troll.

Last edited:
You lefties are in a world of hurt tomorrow. I can tell you that much already.

For Republicans, in-person attendance is required. No remote participation is permitted.

Conversely, the Dems will caucus entirely via mail-in ballots.

Iowa Caucus 2024: How does it work and why is it important?​

Iowa?

It’s not quite an “Iowa caucus curse,” but winning the first nominating contest hasn’t worked out so well for Republican presidential candidates lately.

In fact, the last three Iowa GOP caucus winners each failed to capture the party’s nomination: Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas (2016), former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania (2012) and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (2008)

Iowa caucus history 1.png

According to (slightly premature?) reporting from the Wall Street Journal, Trump will land over half the caucus votes.

Big day for our republic.

According to (slightly premature?) reporting from the Wall Street Journal, Trump will land over half the caucus votes.

Many of the news networks are already calling it for Trump. NBC, CNN, New York Times, FOX News, all calling the race for Trump.

Many of the news networks are already calling it for Trump. NBC, CNN, New York Times, FOX News, all calling the race for Trump.
It’s not just calling it for Trump. It’s the volume. Over half the votes.

As the gay helmsman of the Starship Enterprise might say, in a deep voice:

“Oh my!”

1705369714690.gif

Big day for our republiic.
Yawn.
Big deal.
He's not going to make it to November anyway.
So what if he takes the Iowa Caucus.
Given the year he's got ahead of him a win in Iowa at this point is kind of like being king of a deserted island

NYT:

"Trump is winning by a wide margin with the two-thirds of caucusgoers who think Biden did not legitimately win the 2020 election, according to caucus entrance polls. Haley wins among the third of voters who think Biden’s victory was legitimate." :cuckoo: The weirdos voting for Trump.

:abgg2q.jpg:
"The mood here at the Ron DeSantis watch party is anger and disbelief — but at The A.P.’s early call of the race, not DeSantis’s clear loss to Trump. Representative Chip Roy of Texas, who spoke for the DeSantis campaign at a well-attended caucus site in Clive, said he was told the results before he got onstage. “Are you kidding me?” Roy told reporters at the West Des Moines watch party an hour later. “They haven’t even started voting yet and heard all the speeches and A.P. calls it?”"

Hello? Go out and vote. Stop paying attention to the news.

Over half? 50+% of a few thousand?

:auiqs.jpg:

Iowa is a joke and...

It’s not quite an “Iowa caucus curse,” but winning the first nominating contest hasn’t worked out so well for Republican presidential candidates lately.

In fact, the last three Iowa GOP caucus winners each failed to capture the party’s nomination: Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas (2016), former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania (2012) and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (2008)

great reporting by Hilary Swift. It seems for many in Iowa, it's a non event

Reporting from Iowa

At Carl’s Place, a bar in the Sherman Hill neighborhood of Des Moines, no TVs were tuned to caucus coverage; instead the Emmys, an N.F.L. playoff game and a University of Iowa wrestling meet were on. Zacchary and Lauren Foust, both Democrats, came to the bar for bingo. They don’t personally know anyone who caucused and weren’t following the results too closely. “Things are so politically divided that if you know someone was on the other side, they wouldn’t even talk about it,” she said. “They won’t change my mind and I won’t change their mind.”

Ask Rick Santorum. :auiqs.jpg:

santorum1-300x192.jpg

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell noted that Trump's margin of victory in Iowa is the lowest of any other candidate who was previously president in history.

Veteran political strategist Joe Trippi shared similar thoughts on social media:

So here is why I think Trump is weaker than most think. Its Iowa. He has taken total control of the party. He is unstoppable and everyone there knows he will be nominee. But 49% went with someone else. DeSantis is dead but still circling the drain. This is the worst out come for Haley even if she comes in 2nd late in the evening (which is still likely to happen). Because she needs to right this minute go out and say - "DeSantis lost to Trump and he lost to me. Thank you Iowa! On to New Hampshire!" Waiting is a mistake. Ask Rick Santorum.

Forum List

Back