“Beto” O’Rourke is Phony Spanish?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
His given name is Robert Patrick. He used the Beto name as a supposed endearment for names in Spanish ending in -erto. According to a Spanish linguist, he’s never heard the name used by Hispanics in more than 60 years. My Mexican hife, however, says it’s common in her home country.

The media is even being fooled by the fake Hispanic name:

David Martosko tweeted out a quote from the Associated Press claiming that “Mr. O’Rourke also spoke at length in his native Spanish.”

His largely Hispanic audiences seem to believe him with loud shouts of “Ole!” at his meetings.

Details
@ IS THIS WHY BETO O'ROURKE Uses "Beto" and Not Robert...The Press Even Falls For It!

Associated Press Roasted After Saying Beto O’Rourke Spoke at Rally ‘in His Native Spanish’@ Associated Press Roasted After Beto O'Rourke 'Native Language' Blunder

His given name is Robert Patrick. He used the Beto name as a supposed endearment for names in Spanish ending in -erto. According to a Spanish linguist, he’s never heard the name used by Hispanics in more than 60 years. My Mexican hife, however, says it’s common in her home country.

David Martosko tweeted out a quote from the Associated Press claiming that “Mr. O’Rourke also spoke at length in his native Spanish.”

His largely Hispanic audiences seem to believe him with loud shouts of “Ole!” at his meetings.

Details
@ IS THIS WHY BETO O'ROURKE Uses "Beto" and Not Robert...The Press Even Falls For It!

Associated Press Roasted After Saying Beto O’Rourke Spoke at Rally ‘in His Native Spanish’@ Associated Press Roasted After Beto O'Rourke 'Native Language' Blunder

Ted Cruz roasted him on Twitter over the "native" thing and asked, "what, he was speaking in Gaelic?"

I thought that was pretty good actually

Details

Ted Cruz roasted him on Twitter over the "native" thing and asked, "what, he was speaking in Gaelic?"

You mean Rafael is complaining about someone going by another name?

Details

Hé has been called Beto since he was a child

Details

They are not being fooled about anything. This is a carefully crafted marketing campaign.

Details

Oh Rly?

Details

Prove it. Only thing I knew he did as a child was moon about cows waxing his ass.

Details

Obviously you can't read. About this "native language"

Details

Oh Rly?
Yup

Details

When did he learn Spanish?
He grew up in a Spanish neighborhood

He speaks better Spanish than Rafael Cruz

Details

My mother grew up in a Jewish neighborhood.

It doesn't make her Jewish, no matter how many times she says "Oy Vey" when agitated.

Details

Is this about Beto or the AP?

Details

Prove it.

Details

Prove it.

e6998e4e53e8786e9c7a3a4674bc6227.jpg

Details

Interesting, Ted Cruz is a real hispanic and Beta just pretending to be one.

Details

Texas has two Democrats running for the 2020 nomination.
One is a real hispanic, Julian Castro and and the other is a pretend hispanic Beta.

Forum List

Back