“Beto” O’Rourke is Phony Spanish?

His given name is Robert Patrick. He used the Beto name as a supposed endearment for names in Spanish ending in -erto. According to a Spanish linguist, he’s never heard the name used by Hispanics in more than 60 years. My Mexican hife, however, says it’s common in her home country.

The media is even being fooled by the fake Hispanic name:

David Martosko tweeted out a quote from the Associated Press claiming that “Mr. O’Rourke also spoke at length in his native Spanish.”

His largely Hispanic audiences seem to believe him with loud shouts of “Ole!” at his meetings.

Details
@ IS THIS WHY BETO O'ROURKE Uses "Beto" and Not Robert...The Press Even Falls For It!

Associated Press Roasted After Saying Beto O’Rourke Spoke at Rally ‘in His Native Spanish’@ Associated Press Roasted After Beto O'Rourke 'Native Language' Blunder

Ted Cruz roasted him on Twitter over the "native" thing and asked, "what, he was speaking in Gaelic?"

I thought that was pretty good actually

You mean Rafael is complaining about someone going by another name?
Interesting, Ted Cruz is a real hispanic and Beta just pretending to be one.
Ted Cruz is Canadian

Beto was born in the USA

His given name is Robert Patrick. He used the Beto name as a supposed endearment for names in Spanish ending in -erto. According to a Spanish linguist, he’s never heard the name used by Hispanics in more than 60 years. My Mexican hife, however, says it’s common in her home country.

David Martosko tweeted out a quote from the Associated Press claiming that “Mr. O’Rourke also spoke at length in his native Spanish.”

His largely Hispanic audiences seem to believe him with loud shouts of “Ole!” at his meetings.

Details
@ IS THIS WHY BETO O'ROURKE Uses "Beto" and Not Robert...The Press Even Falls For It!

Associated Press Roasted After Saying Beto O’Rourke Spoke at Rally ‘in His Native Spanish’@ Associated Press Roasted After Beto O'Rourke 'Native Language' Blunder

Ted Cruz roasted him on Twitter over the "native" thing and asked, "what, he was speaking in Gaelic?"

If you saw that, you need to look again. He said nothing about the fake name.

Details

Hé has been called Beto since he was a child

O'Rourke declared last month that he was "born to reign as President", he adopted the phony persona at a young age.

Phony identities is part of the Democrat Party game, to be successful. 2004 nominee John "Kerry" really isn't Irish, but he thought it would be a good move in heavily Irish Massachusetts where he launched his political career. In reality, "Kerry" is of Czech ancestry and his real name is Kohen. But John Kohen probably wouldn't have done as well in Boston, just like Bob O'Rourke wouldn't have done as well in heavily latinx El Paso.

Details

Senator Cruz adopted the Ted nickname to distinguish himself from his father who is a prominent theologian in Texas.

Forum List

Back