Best Sports

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
What are the best sports to see in person? What sport is best on TV?

My vote for inner son is NHL hockey.

TV sports might go NASCAR, but I believe NCAA football takes the cake.

Any motor sport is better in person. They just haven't invented a way on TV to experience the "end of the world loudness" and 10 foot high header flames of a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car.

i would say best sport to SEE in person is baseball.its always fun watching the foul balls go into the stands,.it really gets interesting though when one comes near you.most boring game in the world to watch on tv though thats for sure.yeah football is the most enjoyable on tv.

do you ever watch NFL football by chance?

i would say best sport to SEE in person is baseball.its always fun watching the foul balls go into the stands,.it really gets interesting though when one comes near you.most boring game in the world to watch on tv though thats for sure.yeah football is the most enjoyable on tv.

Sure! I'm a big Steelers fan. But I earned a degree at The Ohio State University and the NCAA game is more exciting, in my opinion.

It's got to be football (as in soccer) by a million miles. Nothing can compete with the crowd noise, the history and sheer importance of Germany v Holland or even Man Utd vs Bayern M.

After that I'd put rugby, and then maybe cricket. Ice hockey is great, but only small crowds for obvious reasons.

Sure! I'm a big Steelers fan. But I earned a degree at The Ohio State University and the NCAA game is more exciting, in my opinion.
thats being the case that you are a steelers fan,hope you will check out this thread here and read each post and watch each video in order starting at page one and go through it like you would if you were reading a book. The Rams coming back to LA is going to be HUGE news!!! much bigger than when the raiders moved back to oakland because they at least never moved halfway acros the country when they left oakland the first time.it will be such huge news I expect it will be on the front pages of the sports pages every day the whole year in 2015. yahoo!!!!!! cause its not just in LA,everybody around the country wants it to happen.

expect Rams to be back in LA next year. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

when the rams left LA,i turned to the chargers but it has never been the same,i dont live and die with the chargers like i did the rams.I felt so betrayed by the rams when they left,I rooted for the other team that played them to win each week. with them back in LA though next year,I dont care if they go 0-16 every year,I will have somuch fun cheering them on since they are back in the home where they belong and our the LA RAMS again.:dance:

The best sports to watch live is basketball, that is high school, college or pro.

Best to watch on TV, football.

A lot of great points made in this thread.

Baseball?..Tennis? we will never know what it is like to do these things like the pros do.

Autosports have an inside track in that ANYBODY can get behind the wheel of a car. With the exception of golf maybe no other sport offers a firsthand experience to any reasonably mobile human participant. Even I can hit a golfball just as well as Tiger Woods ... maybe one in a hundred shots... but it really does happen. I can certainly get in my car just like when I was 16 and get the g-forces and the freeway racing experience. Even the dumbest among us can relate to stepping on a gas peddle and soon thereafter finding ouselves standing on a brake peddle avoiding certain death. It still gets your heart racing no matter at what age.

Soccor is like religion. Anybody/everybody has ties to other countries so the carryover from all these other places on the planet that sport THAT sport Sport have water cooler conversations anywhere one might go.

American Football is a fantasy sport. Ya..we( American Males, not females, not most of the popoulation really) all thought at age 12 we could and would enter the NFL, have the most beautiful wives/girlfriends.. dress like Joe Namouth and have the world wishing they were us. Now that reality has sunk in.. we know that the TV cameras are reserved for the Russell Wilson's and Arron Rodgers of the planet. Still the NFL gets the big bucks advertising. That means everything. I always say follow the money. If you or I is/as an American the Super Bowl is the highest paid, most watched, advertising dollar investment ... sporting event we as humans in this country observe on TV.

I have to go with NCAA football. Seeing the game live is an experience that cannot be topped. If you include all the tailgating, pregame/post game fun, and college campus traditions, you have a sport that is unrivaled. But, unfortunately, I also watch a LOT of Bama games on tv. The sport comes across well on tv.

A lot of great points made in this thread.

Baseball?..Tennis? we will never know what it is like to do these things like the pros do.

Autosports have an inside track in that ANYBODY can get behind the wheel of a car. With the exception of golf maybe no other sport offers a firsthand experience to any reasonably mobile human participant. Even I can hit a golfball just as well as Tiger Woods ... maybe one in a hundred shots... but it really does happen. I can certainly get in my car just like when I was 16 and get the g-forces and the freeway racing experience. Even the dumbest among us can relate to stepping on a gas peddle and soon thereafter finding ouselves standing on a brake peddle avoiding certain death. It still gets your heart racing no matter at what age.

The increasing popularity in road racing makes it even more accessible. There are plenty of amateur events on road tracks around the country. I know people who have a car and travel to barber motor Sports or Road Atlanta to compete. It is one of the few sports that a person of ordinary means can get into.

Baseball for watching in person if you are into your team and they are good.

NFL is the number 1 TV sport. There's a reason why it's a multibillion sport. TV revenue.

Forum List

Back