Best Movie Scenes Evah...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
here's one of my personal favorites...

from True Romance...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=S3yon2GyoiM&feature=endscreen"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=S3yon2GyoiM&feature=endscreen[/ame]

No idea how to find it, but Kevin Spacey's employment exit interview in "American Beauty". One of the funniest scenes ever filmed, and another classic howler in the same movie is at Spacey's subsequent workplace - the drive-in window at the fast food place when his wife (Annette Bening) drives up with her lover.

Last edited:
Well Big Country, how many scenes.....

Ive already brought up the scene when he goes to the dance and breaks in and tells Henry Terrill off.

When Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston beat the shit out of each other...

Then there's the scene in Blanco Canyon....at the end of it all

Too many scenes too little time when men were men

The scene at the end of Alien when Ripley is trying to climb into her suit. Ripley keeps saying lucky, lucky, lucky and then the battle is on with the monster. Talk about an edge of your seat cinematic moment.

Last edited:
Well Big Country, how many scenes.....

Ive already brought up the scene when he goes to the dance and breaks in and tells Henry Terrill off.

When Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston beat the shit out of each other...

Then there's the scene in Blanco Canyon....at the end of it all

Too many scenes too little time when men were men

The Big Country is one of the truly fine westerns that - like "Duel in the Sun" (Peck and Jennifer Jones at their best [despite a wildly over the top ending re-written to meet code standards for punishment of sinners]) - doesn't often get its due. The casts of both movies were just great.

Which brings me to another fine scene...

Peck showing off with the pinto horse for Jennifer Jones in Duel in the Sun. He did his own stunt work on that one (not sure about similar scenes with just the ranch hand as a witness in The Big Country). Beautiful pinto horse, decent looking guy, and the one and only Jennifer Jones at the peak of her sexuality. That scene was a revelation the first time I saw it in a late 1950s/early 1960s re release.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back