Best Concerts

I had 16th row for Led Zeppelin in
Richfield, Ohio 1977...

Also that same year I got to see Genesis
and Black Sabbath with Boston opening.
And Queen and Thin Lizzy also. ( I had to look that one up because I thought it was 76)

Back in the 70s I wanted to see Elton John in concert.
I was a pretty big fan.
Now he reminds me too much of Hillary Clinton.
Saw Elton at the LA forum early 80’s. Great show.
I had a chance to see him at Central Park in NYC in 1980
when I was living there, but missed it. Saw Johnny Winter there that summer though, and Linda Ronstadt.

Country band Sawyer Brown (They are AWESOME!!!)

God bless you and every member always!!!

Holly

P.S. Its been almost 14 years since I last saw them. I pray that I get at least one more opportunity.

Saw Jimi Hendrix when I was 16; box seat right over the stage, at Will Rogers Coliseum. Ticket was $6.

Saw Jesse Colin Young, the Beach Boys, not the tour band but the real ones, and Crosby Stills Nash, and Young. Lasted from 6 p.m to 1 a.m. All them sounded like their records live, which is a rarity. CBN&Y played a set of their electric stuff for an hour or so, took a break, then did an hour of their acoustic stuff. I rate it better than the Hendrix concert, since it was only $6, too, but way back in the 'rear' of the arena, Irving Stadium. Don't do arena concerts, but I did that one.

My Dad was Bob Will's accountant and tax guy for a couple of years, when he had bought the old Crystal Springs Ballroom, well past its heyday at the time; got to see him play for free dozens of times, as well as Ernest Tubb, Faron Young, Earl Connely, George Jones, Kitty Wells, Dolly, etc. on Saturday nights. Lot of people these days are mystified as to why Ernest Tubb was so popular, given he really isn't much of a singer re studio recordings, but his stage presence and personality were great and made people feel good; Willie Nelson is the best modern example of what I mean here.

Last edited:
This dude's kind of unknown in the US, tearin it up in Japan, S America, Australia and UK.

Chris Impellitteri -guitar.

That guy is definitely good; I'd pay to see him at a small venue, like an 800-2,000 seat venue.

My Dad was Bob Will's accountant and tax guy for a couple of years, when he had bought the old Crystal Springs Ballroom, well past its heyday at the time; got to see him play for free dozens of times, as well as Ernest Tubb, Faron Young, Earl Connely, George Jones, Kitty Wells, Dolly, etc. on Saturday nights. Lot of people these days are mystified as to why Ernest Tubb was so popular, given he really isn't much of a singer re studio recordings, but his stage presence and personality were great and made people feel good; Willie Nelson is the best modern example of what I mean here.

Too late to edit my post now, but I forgot to add I was only 10 to 11 years old in those two years and didn't know they were all famous big stars and the like, they all seemed to be just nice people having a good time, mostly polite and friendly, which is why I have a soft spot for country music to this day. they were a quite different story than the usual rockers I ran into over the years, who were mostly spoiled bourgeoisie assholes.

This dude's kind of unknown in the US, tearin it up in Japan, S America, Australia and UK.

Chris Impellitteri -guitar.

That guy is definitely good; I'd pay to see him at a small venue, like an 800-2,000 seat venue.

Yeah - I'd much rather see an original band like these guys ( although if you listen to the dude's voice, he can do some great covers - Dio and stuff.
They do a good Sabbath cover ( I saw them in 1978 with Boston opening )
Chris is a really underrated guitarist, even among the metal crowd. ( if you like shredding - it can be repetitious and boring like anything.)

Too late to edit my post now, but I forgot to add I was only 10 to 11 years old in those two years and didn't know they were all famous big stars and the like, they all seemed to be just nice people having a good time, mostly polite and friendly, which is why I have a soft spot for country music to this day. they were a quite different story than the usual rockers I ran into over the years, who were mostly spoiled bourgeoisie assholes.
Between the age of 9 to 13 my Mom took me to a bunch of great shows at Blossom Music Center ( what is now part of Cuyahoga Valley National Park-- where I mostly grew up near Akron Ohio ) So we ( mom, dad if he was in town and my 2 little brothers) saw Santana, America, Seals and Crofts, Beach Boys, Carole King, Joan Baez, James Taylor, CSNY, the Carpenters and more actually. Then my first rock concert with friends was Blue Öyster Cult in 1975.

Last edited:
I was a parking attendant here from around 78 to 80.
Saw a bunch of free shows.
1604449623909.png

Forum List

Back