Best Concerts

I saw these guys in 76' in Hawaii....they were the loudest band I ever heard.

loudest i ever heard was West,Bruce and Laing bout 72 Anaheim Convention Center....
For me it was Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Sat near the rear. The sound hit you, bounced off the back wall and hit you again. My ears rung the whole next day.

loudest i ever heard was West,Bruce and Laing bout 72 Anaheim Convention Center....
For me it was Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Sat near the rear. The sound hit you, bounced off the back wall and hit you again. My ears rung the whole next day.

i know what you mean i saw them around 71-72 also at the Anaheim Con. Center....yea they were pretty loud too...had a 4 channel sound system at that one....

Really enjoyed a Kris Kristofferson-Rita Coolidge concert. Near the end Kris thanked Janis Joplin for making him famous, then did Me & Bobby McGee.

Worst concert I saw was ZZ Top. 75' at the SD Sports arena....only half full.....sucked. Fandango tour.....before all of their great hits.
This was before they grew their beards.
They were wearing cowboy hats .......only 3 members.

This is them when they got pretty decent.

Aerosmith made me deft in my right ear for a week.
That ear still rings today.

I seen Deep Purple in '74 at the Long Beach Arena (my first concert)
After that, I saw...
  • Led Zeppellin (twice)
  • Black Sabbath (twice)
  • Rolling Stones
  • The Who (5 times)
  • Jethro Tull (4 times)
  • Chicago
  • ELP
  • Yes
  • Greatful Dead (twice)
  • Blackmore's Rainbow
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Jefferson Starship
  • Eric Clapton (6 times)
  • Jeff Beck
  • J-Geils Band (twice)_
  • Pink Floyd (twice)
  • Eagles
  • Santana (twice)
  • ELO
  • ELF
  • Jeff Healy
  • Bob Dylan
  • Sheena Easton
  • Olivia Newton John
  • Oingo Boingo
  • Nirvana
  • Chili Peppers
  • Sammy Hagar
  • Allman Brothers
  • Moody Blues
  • Blues Brothers
But the best concert I ever saw was Bruce Springsteen River tour and the LA Sports Arena in 1980.

Was it at the Long Beach Arena in '75?
No, a rather small gymnasium at college. I think the size of the venue added to the loudness, because there wasn't anywhere for it go except bounce around at you over and over again.

No, a rather small gymnasium at college. I think the size of the venue added to the loudness, because there wasn't anywhere for it go except bounce around at you over and over again.[/QUOTE]They were the loudest band for me, until I saw Led Zeppellin at the Inglewood Forum.

Forum List

Back