Besieged Ghetto? Gaza Water Park Opens

Israel has destroyed hundreds of Palestinian factories. Israel will not allow the import of raw material or the export of finished products.

Israel has destroyed food production facilities including Gaza's only flour mill.

Israel has destroyed water sources.

Israel has destroyed 1/3 of Gaza's agricultural land. Palestine historically produced a surplus of food that it exported. Israel blocks the export of food.

The unemployment in Gaza is created by Israel.

This is standard Israeli policy that began long before Hamas became Israel's boogyman.

The violence and limitations in Gaza have all been in response to Palestinian Arab terrorism, mostly from Hamas, even before their takeover of the government. Even before the second intifada, when economic growth in the West Bank soared, out pacing economic growth of all the ME countries, including Israel, Gaza's economy was stagnant because the various terrorists made severe security measures necessary, however, the actions of the Hamas government since their takeover of the government forbidding commerce to take place through the Israeli crossings have dealt a fatal blow to whatever private sector existed there.

If the various Palestinian Arab militants in Gaza were really freedom fighters, it is clear they would be arresting or killing the Hamas thugs that have destroyed their economy and foreclosed on any future prosperity.

Gaza's economy was stagnant because the various terrorists made severe security measures necessary

Occupiers always have security problems. It comes with the (occupied) territory. You can't blame the Palestinians for wanting to throw off the occupation.

Indeed, which is why the Gazans should rise up and throw off the yoke of Hamas oppression so they can build a better future for themselves and their children than Hamas has heretofore allowed them to have.

The violence and limitations in Gaza have all been in response to Palestinian Arab terrorism, mostly from Hamas, even before their takeover of the government. Even before the second intifada, when economic growth in the West Bank soared, out pacing economic growth of all the ME countries, including Israel, Gaza's economy was stagnant because the various terrorists made severe security measures necessary, however, the actions of the Hamas government since their takeover of the government forbidding commerce to take place through the Israeli crossings have dealt a fatal blow to whatever private sector existed there.

If the various Palestinian Arab militants in Gaza were really freedom fighters, it is clear they would be arresting or killing the Hamas thugs that have destroyed their economy and foreclosed on any future prosperity.

Gaza's economy was stagnant because the various terrorists made severe security measures necessary

Occupiers always have security problems. It comes with the (occupied) territory. You can't blame the Palestinians for wanting to throw off the occupation.

Indeed, which is why the Gazans should rise up and throw off the yoke of Hamas oppression so they can build a better future for themselves and their children than Hamas has heretofore allowed them to have.

Hamas is destroying all those factories and agricultural land?

Israel has destroyed hundreds of Palestinian factories. Israel will not allow the import of raw material or the export of finished products.
Semi-feudal clan/tribal sociaty and "factories" was a good joke.

Al-Khudary, an independent lawmaker, said 3,900 factories in Gaza — out of a total of 4,000 — had closed since the blockade began.

Home

I must have hit a nerve on this one. Negative reps from the losers.

Why would the Jews be nice to a people that want to destroy them?

The Jews improved that area of the world far beyond what the Palestinians could have ever dreamed of doing.

The Palestinians should be fighting their obvious inferiority of their mental faculties, instead of fighting the Jews.

Hamas is destroying all those factories and agricultural land?

Absolutely, by building rockets in those factories, Hamas made it necessary for the IDF to blow them up, and by firing rockets from those agricultural fields, Hamas made it necessary for the IDF to clear them. Hamas is the author of all the pain the Gazans are suffering.

Semi-feudal clan/tribal sociaty and "factories" was a good joke.
Al-Khudary, an independent lawmaker,
It was a nice joke.
said 3,900 factories in Gaza — out of a total of 4,000 — had closed since the blockade began.
Beside the numbers, that are highly suspect, like all things "palistan", alluding "factories" were some GM-size employers was a nice joke too, indeed.

The Jews improved that area of the world far beyond what the Palestinians could have ever dreamed of doing.

The Palestinians should be fighting their obvious inferiority of their mental faculties, instead of fighting the Jews.

Before Israel, Palestine was a peaceful and prosperous country. They exported food, manufactured items, and minerals.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgbcmfM9SQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine Before the Nakba 1948‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEBQ_bE7uA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine Pre-1947‬‏[/ame]

Before Israel, Palestine was a peaceful and prosperous country. They exported food, manufactured items, and minerals.
Just two things: palestine was never a country, only a loose geographical area, exporting "philosopher's minerals".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgbcmfM9SQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine Before the Nakba 1948‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEBQ_bE7uA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine Pre-1947‬‏[/ame]

Arab propoganda.

Friday, August 6th, 2010

It’s three years since I’ve been back to Gaza. Much has happened since my last visit. Fatah waged a failed coup and now rules only the West Bank, while Hamas is in charge of Gaza. Israel launched its deadly Cast Lead assault. Fuel shortages. Electricity crises. And so on.

I needed to regain perspective. So I walked and I talked and I listened. I went to the beach where women – skinny jeans and all – were smoking water pipes, swimming and generally having a good time, irrespective of the purported Hamas ban on women smoking sheesha.

During the eight hours of electricity we get each day, I logged on to the internet and browsed the English-language papers. It seemed like suddenly everyone was an expert on Gaza, claiming they knew what it’s really like. Naysayers Zionist apologists and their ilk have been providing us with the same “evidence” that Gaza is burgeoning: the markets are full of produce, fancy restaurants abound, there are pools and parks and malls … all is well in the most isolated place on earth – Gaza, the “prison camp” that is not.

If you take things at face value, and set aside for a moment the bizarre idea that the availability of such amenities precludes the existence of hardship, you’ll be inclined to believe what you read.

So, is there a humanitarian crisis or not? That seems to be the question of the hour. But it is the wrong one to be asking.

The message I’ve been hearing over and over again since I returned to Gaza is this: the siege is not a siege on foods; it is a siege on freedoms – freedom to move in and out of Gaza, freedom to fish more than three miles out at to sea, freedom to learn, to work, to farm, to build, to live, to prosper.

Gaza was never a place with a quantitative food shortage; it is a place where many people lack the means to buy food and other goods because of a closure policy whose tenets are “no development, no prosperity, and no humanitarian crisis“, Gisha, the Legal Centre for the Freedom of Movement, explained in a press release.

Sure, there are a handful of fancy restaurants in Gaza. And yes, there is a new mall (infinitely smaller and less glamorous than it has been portrayed).

As for food, it is in good supply, having found its way here either through Israeli crossings or the vast network of tunnels between Gaza and Egypt. Of course, this leaves aside the question of who in Gaza’s largely impoverished population (the overwhelming majority of whose income is less than $2 a day, 61% of whom are food insecure) can really afford mangoes at $3 a kilo or grapes at $2 a kilo. A recent trip to the grocery store revealed that meat has risen to $13 a kilo. Fish, once a cheap source of protein, goes for $15 to $35 a kilo.

Gaza Mom » Blog Archive » Gaza-the prison camp that is not?

Naysayers Zionist apologists and their ilk have been providing us with the same “evidence” that Gaza is burgeoning: the markets are full of produce, fancy restaurants abound, there are pools and parks and malls … all is well in the most isolated place on earth – Gaza, the “prison camp” that is not.
Of course, besides, I've heard a new mall is in the making there:
Hamas has announced that a new mall will be built in the Gaza Strip. Yusuf Mansi, Minister of Housing and Public Works of the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip, told Gaza-based news agency Safa on Thursday that his office is currently on a plan to build a new mall. The 44-acre mall will be located in Gaza City and will be the largest shopping center in the Strip, said Mansi.

Forum List

Back