Bernie Sanders - Free College Tuition

The last few large corporations I worked for who were the R&D people (the engineers)? They were always foreigners from Asia. If you haven't looked around the US is floundering in math, science and education as a whole. Our children are becoming slaves to their college debt. It's a travesty that a kid starts out in the world with a mountain of debt that is the equivalent of a 1st mortgage.

Something needs to change!

Yep, remove government funding for colleges and student loans and the cost of an education would drop like a rock. When government supplies endless supplies of money to anything the cost naturally go up because there is no consumer pressures to hold costs down. Limit student loans to $25,000 lifetime and see what happens to tuition costs.

Maybe, maybe not. College was always expensive, but affordable to the middle class. College is not impossibly expensive and unaffordable to the middle class.

Many poor have worked their way through college without loans and don't expect me to shed a tear for someone going to an Ivy League school and finishes with a butt load of debt.

Even our fine millionaire first bitch complained about her Ivy League college debt, maybe she should have thought more about cost than prestige.
It's not just Ivy League Schools. It little schools down the road. Heck even culinary and beauty school has become very expensive.

Poor people in the past might has done this, but not today, no F'ing way! Without scholarships that is.

Just proves my point about federal money in education, if money is available the schools will find a way to get it.

The schools raise tuition and the students get Federal loans for it....
Why wouldn't the schools keep raising the costs....

Now I can't stand Colonel Sanders, but I think he is 100% correct on this. College tuition has become unaffordable and it saddling students will $100K+ in student loan debt before they even get the college.

Bernie Sanders issues bill to make 4-year colleges tuition-free USA TODAY College

I hear the argument that look what public schools have done to K-12. That argument doesn't jive. First, do a search of just IL. The top schools are private schools, they are a mix of Magnet/College Prep/Charter/Regular Public, but are all tax payer covered public schools. The issue is really the inner city schools and I honestly think that has a lot to do with the students and families. Second, do the research there are a TON of horrible private colleges.

Yes it will probably cost $100 Billion, but education is something WE SHOULD spend on. I would put add some changes to this bills:
(1) End Tenure - All Professors are now at-will. This goes for K-12.
(2) No more collective defined payment pensions - All teachers contribute to SS and they get individual 401K style pensions with an employer match. Imposed on states also/
(3) Health Insurance employer contribution similar to the private sector. Imposed on states also
(4) School Choice at Fed and State level.

Then they should put in areas they should cut from. There are $100s of billions of dollars (aka useless agencies) that can be cut from the budget to cover this.

So now the government wants the US Postal Service to run Caltech?

When will these people stop being stupid?

When will these people stop being stupid?

When the Sun is a cold cinder.

11923593_671955846273791_2638280886193515655_n.jpg

Thank you, Bernie! It's Free!1

We provide American children a K thru 12 education regardless of their ability to pay, and except for a few nuts out there,

everyone agrees this is a good idea.

Why then does it become a bad idea that American children should be offered a K thru 12 plus college education, regardless of their ability to pay?

You people who don't think education is of value?

ep_chart_001.gif

We provide American children a K thru 12 education regardless of their ability to pay, and except for a few nuts out there,

everyone agrees this is a good idea.

Why then does it become a bad idea that American children should be offered a K thru 12 plus college education, regardless of their ability to pay?

You people who don't think education is of value?

ep_chart_001.gif
1. Not everyone is made for college.
2. Who pays?

Forum List

Back